No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller: I'm sure it's nothing, Carson. You're fine.
    I don't feel fine, not at all.

Keller: Don't worry, Carson, I'm a professional medical person. I'm sure it's nothing but the common cold...or something. *giggles*
    Is there another doctor in the house?

Keller: *sniffs* If you're going to be all meany I won't treat you. No, no, I have to treat you...I am a doctor!
    Good Lord, I'm a dead man.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm sure she's a competent doctor, right? Really, all these tests! I'm sure it's just a cold! Why are you all looking at me like that?

I'm sorry, Carson...but with Keller treating you...it's not good.

Damn it, Carson, why did you have let her treat you?

Even though I love her I know you're doomed under her care.
      sigpic

Comment

That's it! Physician, heal thyself! Why, I'd rather be frozen in a cube than let her treat me!

I wish I hadn't have said that.
        sigpic

Comment

Aww, I like the captions ladyofshalott but can't see the pictures.

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
          I agree too with the displeasure with how the show progressed. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good, season 3 I liked (up to a certain point), and then it just was never the same after they screwed up a truly engaging team dynamic.
          The dynamic they had in seasons one through three was their greatest advantage. I wished they had used it more.

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          All-in-all I think that was the nature of the problem with Atlantis. TPTB weren't consistent. Sometimes the show was amazing and other times they just completely bombed. It's not all contained in the last few season, either. Just the majority of the inconsistency lies there.
          As much as I loved S1-S3 they weren't perfect either. I thought the greatest detractors in those seasons (though it should be noted, not confined to those seasons) was the aforementioned lack of continuity (I really feel Atlantis could be best if it was a sort of miss a few episodes and you're lost kind of show) and also the imbalance of the characters. Imbalance of the characters being that Shep and especially McKay get more screentime and range than anybody else.

Atlantis had a great set of characters and I have no idea why they decided to go with a solely plot-driven show rather than character-driven or a combination of each. It makes no sense to me.

Okay. I'll shut up and upload some new pictures now.

Comment

"The Tower" Stills
            click thumbnail for hi-res

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
              Interesting. When you say that do you mean like a virtual season six? Presumably set after the EATG finale? Having the city fly back to the Pegasus galaxy. But a much darker Pegasus galaxy because of the power vaccuum created by the absence of Atlantis? Maybe with the Genii having grabbed power from that consortium or the Wraith run amok?
              Like that?
              I think so. I'm vying for a AU CSI eppy.

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
              ((((((SETI)))))))!!! Yay! It's great to you see you again too!!

Man, I've missed this place!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...tsateda785.jpg
              LOVE THAT PIC!!!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_893.JPG
              Keller: I'm sure it's nothing, Carson. You're fine.
              I don't feel fine, not at all.
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_896.JPG
              Keller: Don't worry, Carson, I'm a professional medical person. I'm sure it's nothing but the common cold...or something. *giggles*
              Is there another doctor in the house?
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_899.JPG
              Keller: *sniffs* If you're going to be all meany I won't treat you. No, no, I have to treat you...I am a doctor!
              Good Lord, I'm a dead man.
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_024.JPG
              I'm sure she's a competent doctor, right? Really, all these tests! I'm sure it's just a cold! Why are you all looking at me like that?
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_900.JPG
              I'm sorry, Carson...but with Keller treating you...it's not good.
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_926.JPG
              Damn it, Carson, why did you have let her treat you?
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_967.JPG
              Even though I love her I know you're doomed under her care.
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_136.JPG
              That's it! Physician, heal thyself! Why, I'd rather be frozen in a cube than let her treat me!
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_419_971.JPG
              I wish I hadn't have said that.
              Poor thing!!! *huggles Carson*
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I'm at the Vancouver Con and just had to say I'm really enjoying the elevator rides in this hotel, yesterday alone PM was in the elevator with me 3 times!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  I'm at the Vancouver Con and just had to say I'm really enjoying the elevator rides in this hotel, yesterday alone PM was in the elevator with me 3 times!
                  *iz green w/ envy*
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

One more ride with PM, every PM fans will hate you forever! LOL What he looks like when he stand next to you?

[ in elevator] : OMG! Hot Scottish Doctor! We are alone in the elevator! My heart can't stop beating fast!

Comment

Lucky you.

Speaking of which, how are things going up there? I heard they were rushing through lines or something. I have a friend up there but haven't heard from her in awhile.

I was going to go but thought I had work ... which I didn't.

Comment

LOL ... love the pics and captions. Very nice.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        The dynamic they had in seasons one through three was their greatest advantage. I wished they had used it more.
                        I couldn't agree more. The really great stand out episodes are the ones where they did utilize the amazing dynamic/chemistry they had.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        As much as I loved S1-S3 they weren't perfect either. I thought the greatest detractors in those seasons (though it should be noted, not confined to those seasons) was the aforementioned lack of continuity (I really feel Atlantis could be best if it was a sort of miss a few episodes and you're lost kind of show) and also the imbalance of the characters. Imbalance of the characters being that Shep and especially McKay get more screentime and range than anybody else.

Atlantis had a great set of characters and I have no idea why they decided to go with a solely plot-driven show rather than character-driven or a combination of each. It makes no sense to me.
                        I agree about season 1-3. Though, that's not really an Atlantis problem. All good shows have their own ups and downs within every season. It's also a matter of personal/fan preference. Can't please everyone so at any given time one fan or another is going to be disappointed. It's when the good outweighs that bad when you know you're on the right track.

In the beginning the character use imbalance didn't bother me that much. Shep's your lead so he's going to be in the forefront 98% of the time. I can see the same thing with Rodney, especially if they're working to really push the science fiction aspect of things. Though, I would agree that it did get a little ridiculous as the show went on. Every hero needs to rely on his team and sometimes they pushed that aside.

Anyhoo ... I didn't mean to start to write a novel or anything. I agree a greater character focus could've really helped the show. *shrugs*

Love the pictures, though. Very nice!

How cool!

And a picture for good measure ...

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

O_O;; I would DIE!

Comment

I want to ride in an elevator with Paul!
                            Can you get tickets for that?

sigpic

Comment

Hullo lovelies.
                              Haven't been here for ages. Hope you all are okay.

Just here to leave some icons I did for the icons of sga challenges.
                              Snurchable.

sigpic

Comment

Ooo, lovely icons! Well done. (love the Simon Baker/The Mentalist sig as well! Good stuff)

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
                                X