Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
    Eeheehee!

So why don't us fans write a season six?

Seriously.

They did it for Star Trek, we can do it too.
    We're doing it on the thread, and I believe we're getting some input from the thread. Go there and pitch an idea (even if you don't ship Shelya)
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

*chinstroke*

Hmmm.

Mebbeh ah will. >3

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
        I think the show lost some of its footing when they got rid of Carson. The show lost a great leader in Elizabeth. Carter just seemed out of place. I rather liked Woolsey, though, but still, we had a great leader in Elizabeth, but the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her.
        I wholeheartedly agree.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season3/310-TheReturnPart1/screencaps/normal_atl_310_1706.JPG
        Och, it's so sweet that they still miss me.
        I heart that picture.

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
        Thought I should stop by and say hey! I took a bit of a break from things but am definitely looking to get back. I hope everyone is doing well!
        Nice to see you here cshawzye! And you're right -- don't mess with a winning formula.

Spoiler:
        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season3/310-TheReturnPart1/screencaps/normal_atl_310_1384.JPG
        *sighs* Just think if the fans had written us a season six.
        I'd probably still be alive...and human.
        I might even get a girlfriend.
        I probably wouldn't have Keller.
        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1401.JPG
        I'm sure they'd find some way to bring you back, Elizabeth.
        Yes, and probably know how to write for a female character.
        I never had a problem with female characters.
        I still probably wouldn't have Keller.
        http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_1402.JPG
        I might even have had a relationship with Cadman.
        Oh, please, John, I wouldn't even call those women characters!
        Yeah...I suppose you have a point there.
        Doesn't anyone care that I wouldn't have Keller!!
        MENTAL GREEN.

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
        So why don't us fans write a season six?

Seriously.

They did it for Star Trek, we can do it too.
        I would much rather go back and rewrite and alternate season four and five. In fact we regulary discuss it on the Sparky thread how we would proceed with the storylines. We're such dreamers. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          I would much rather go back and rewrite and alternate season four and five. In fact we regulary discuss it on the Sparky thread how we would proceed with the storylines. We're such dreamers. lol.
          Rewriting an alternate s4/5? Hmm, that's definitely an interesting idea. Though, there are parts of both of those seasons that I do like, so for me it'd be more of a hack and fill the holes rewrite. That probably wouldn't work though because most of my complaints would revolve around going all the way back to season 3 and not killing Carson... Which could work toward keeping Elizabeth in the mix ... Hmm, I like it.

And there's nothing wrong with dreaming, makes one more creative.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I was in local news shop today, I saw new "Star Trek" magazine issue #17. I flipped out until page 30 as I notice Paul McGillion in picture from movie trailer. I almost squeal out but I keep my voice very low!

Star Trek #17

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
              I was in local news shop today, I saw new "Star Trek" magazine issue #17. I flipped out until page 30 as I notice Paul McGillion in picture from movie trailer. I almost squeal out but I keep my voice very low!
              Woo hoo! Definitely looking forward to that movie, for so many reasons. Between Star Trek and Paul being on "24" the outlook is sunny.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                Rewriting an alternate s4/5? Hmm, that's definitely an interesting idea. Though, there are parts of both of those seasons that I do like, so for me it'd be more of a hack and fill the holes rewrite. That probably wouldn't work though because most of my complaints would revolve around going all the way back to season 3 and not killing Carson... Which could work toward keeping Elizabeth in the mix ... Hmm, I like it.
                And there's nothing wrong with dreaming, makes one more creative.
                Well, I didn't like most of either season four and five. There were good concepts for episodes but they were almost all executed poorly. It's also bugged me at Atlantis' lack of continuity. I always hoped for it to be a show that had moderate to hard continuity (especially in regards to characters) but they failed to deliver.

I'd also like to rework "The Tower", which could have been a fascinating concept about the city and have good moments for the characters instead of an idiotic romp in RenFaire. In the original concept there was so much more like Carson and Elizbaeth being held hostage.

Also, I have new pictures for this episode. I will upload them soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  We're doing it on the thread, and I believe we're getting some input from the thread. Go there and pitch an idea (even if you don't ship Shelya)
                  Interesting. When you say that do you mean like a virtual season six? Presumably set after the EATG finale? Having the city fly back to the Pegasus galaxy. But a much darker Pegasus galaxy because of the power vaccuum created by the absence of Atlantis? Maybe with the Genii having grabbed power from that consortium or the Wraith run amok?
                  Like that?
                  sigpic

Comment

I missed funny April Fool's Day pranks? Aww... I did play a small prank on my students in the intro biology lab I teach by putting up a Powerpoint title slide that said "Organic Chemistry: Enantiomer Identification and Halogenation Reactions". They didn't fall for it since I spent the time leading up to class setting up the yeast for our fermentation lab. Oh well.

((((((cshawzye)))))))!!!! Nice to see you again!

LadyofShallot, I love the conversation between the team at the table! Poor Rodney. I might give him Keller, but it would be a somewhat...different Keller than we saw on the show.

I agree too with the displeasure with how the show progressed. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good, season 3 I liked (up to a certain point), and then it just was never the same after they screwed up a truly engaging team dynamic. Losing Beckett was pointless and what they did to Weir was just so anticlimactic and sad for her character. I don't blame Torri Higginson at all for choosing not to return. I really liked her as leader and would have liked to see her have more to do.

You're doing a virtual season? Cool! I wrote part of a virtual season 5 for Farscape. It was tiring and a bigger challenge than I imagined, but it was a really cool experience to be a part of. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Oh, at dinner today a friend and I were comparing the actors we have crushes on and when I brought up Paul and she figured out who I was talking about, she agreed he was cute and liked him. Not bad company, since topping her list were Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, and biologist Jeff Corwin.

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post

LadyofShallot, I love the conversation between the team at the table! Poor Rodney. I might give him Keller, but it would be a somewhat...different Keller than we saw on the show.

I agree too with the displeasure with how the show progressed. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good, season 3 I liked (up to a certain point), and then it just was never the same after they screwed up a truly engaging team dynamic. Losing Beckett was pointless and what they did to Weir was just so anticlimactic and sad for her character. I don't blame Torri Higginson at all for choosing not to return. I really liked her as leader and would have liked to see her have more to do.
                      my thoughts exactly, although I could have lived with out Keller at all (but that's another rant for another thread )

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        I'd also like to rework "The Tower", which could have been a fascinating concept about the city and have good moments for the characters instead of an idiotic romp in RenFaire. In the original concept there was so much more like Carson and Elizbaeth being held hostage.
                        I couldn't agree more! "The Tower" could've been really good. I'd put my hat in the ring in terms of wishing for a redo on that episode.

As to the continuity, with Atlantis it's annoying. They had a lot of continuity when the wanted it but when it didn't suit they threw it out the window. Which I guess means that had little to none, but the glimpses of it left you knowing how good it all could be.

All-in-all I think that was the nature of the problem with Atlantis. TPTB weren't consistent. Sometimes the show was amazing and other times they just completely bombed. It's not all contained in the last few season, either. Just the majority of the inconsistency lies there.

((((((SETI)))))))!!! Yay! It's great to you see you again too!!

Man, I've missed this place!

Comment

I got "Jack" and Where The Heart Is" ( David Hewlett starred in ) in mail today I watch Jack now but Paul McGillion's name is not credit in opening... ( he is just unknown before Stargate).

Comment

That's wicked to hear some of ya are writing a virtual season 6!!! So many
                            possibilities with that idea and I'll bet "our" writers do a much better job than the SGA writers did. *scurries off to jot down ideas* You folks rock!
                            Cheers! hehehehe }:O
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                              That's wicked to hear some of ya are writing a virtual season 6!!! So many
                              possibilities with that idea and I'll bet "our" writers do a much better job than the SGA writers did. *scurries off to jot down ideas* You folks rock!
                              Cheers! hehehehe }:O

I wish that someone invests new digital anime images on installation CD which give you freedom to control each of your characters in your "eipsode" or "movie". Not like Sims.

Comment

I missed funny April Fool's Day pranks? Aww... I did play a small prank on my students in the intro biology lab I teach by putting up a Powerpoint title slide that said "Organic Chemistry: Enantiomer Identification and Halogenation Reactions". They didn't fall for it since I spent the time leading up to class setting up the yeast for our fermentation lab. Oh well.

You're doing a virtual season? Cool! I wrote part of a virtual season 5 for Farscape. It was tiring and a bigger challenge than I imagined, but it was a really cool experience to be a part of. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

Oh, at dinner today a friend and I were comparing the actors we have crushes on and when I brought up Paul and she figured out who I was talking about, she agreed he was cute and liked him. Not bad company, since topping her list were Geoffrey Rush, Alan Rickman, and biologist Jeff Corwin.

Seti
                                I agree with a different Keller. They could have made that character work, IMO, if they had written her very differently. Not this girly, whiny but supposedly brilliant doctor, but a real character. A woman nearer to Rodney's age, for starters, and not such a pathetic whiner. And I would have the 'ship more off to the side, not taking over the entire last season!
                                Oops, end of rant.
                                Has anyone heard if some people here are doing a virtual season six? I worked on a virtual season 5 for Poltergeist: The Legacy, and it was quite the experience. Some good. Some bad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X