No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "this will make you cry" set , part 1, from The Kindred II.
    Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

The "this will make you cry" set , part 2, from The Kindred II.
      Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        And a few caps from 'Just Cause'

Spoiler:

GUH. The first one in the spoiler tag is so...arousing.
        ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

*sniff* Thanks for the caps and the episode reviews. Yep, the "this will make you cry" scene is going to make my cry, all right. *hugs Carson*

Comment

Originally posted by RockyluvsSG View Post
            here's the show break down if you need to know only carson relevant parts are here
            Spoiler:
            so as we know from last week Carson was found in a storage room, and Twyla was captured by Michael. This ep started with Carson in Atlantis undergoing tests . at first they thought he was a replicator but his scans indicate human orgins.he is in perfect physical health and all signs indicate he is Carson. he had the memories of Carson too and explained that Michael had captured him and was using him to help further his experiments. so this was revealed while Rodney was having a little chat with him under guard of course. so Rodney is convinced that his best friend is back and everyone is happy. Then we find out that he is ..... a clone....built by Michael.
            So he is trying to come to terms with this fact and then gives them some info as to where Michael may be. at first col carter is suspicious but john persuades her to let them go. they go to a bar where they are ambushed and Michael's spy is captured. Carson brings him back to the infirmary for treatment..because that's the type of person that he is; and then....he faints.
            turns out that he's dying on the inside as in his organs are deteriorating. it then found out that an injection that michael have been giving him as sedatives was actually a drug that prevented him from degenerating.
            he and Dr keller work all night trying to find a cure but to no avail they've made progress though but not enough.
            michael's spy finally tells them when Michael is and with the help of carson they find the athosians and when michael had been experimenting on teyla but teyla is not there. they are engaged in fire while michale and teyla try to escape but carson shoots the guards with teyla who is a bit apprehensive. michael confronts them, carson trys to shoot but can't because michael is controlling him. Micheal shoots carson ..(this totally killed me) and escapes with teyla.

there's more but you need to see it for yourself and i have to watch again bye
            Thank you and all the others for keeping me informed!

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
            I look at it this way:

Spoiler:

We got him back. At least the clone is exactly like Carson. Same demeanor, same memories, same accent (), etc. And we know he's back in S5. It's better than nothing, and way better that he's not stuck in stasis and forgetten about.

And yeah, him and Ronon....OMG, so sweet and sad....some great moments between Carson and a few peeps.

I'm not super thrilled, but I'm fairly satisfied. Esp. all that has happened

I can imagine that the expectations were very high among the fans after all. And that some will be disappointed. But for me the story fits all right. I can't think about another one that wouldn't be silly. And

Spoiler:
            a clone is like the real person, isn't he? He's back!

Let's see what season 5 will bring. Everything is possible. This ep was just a start.

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            Spoiler:
            Definantly thought the acting was just horrible. It was like they were acting with a brick wall. Felt forced. Not fluid. Which is sad. Everyone looked like they didn't know how to act with Paul there. Which I know it was supposed to be like "Oh! Carson's back from the dead...what do we do..." But even Paul looked a bit unsure in his character and what to do with it.

Originally posted by jetflair View Post
            *sniff* Know I shouldn't be reading spoilers, but I am.

Spoiler:
            This doesn't sound like the sort of thing I would have hoped for - having him put in stasis sounds heartbreaking, and a clone - well, if it gives us the character back, I can live with it.....but I want real Carson. Poor sweetheart.

I'm sorry it all sounded so awkward - he deserved a warm and genuine welcome back to the family, at the very least. I guess I'm too attached to this character, talking about what he deserves and such, but - dang it, I can't apologize for that. He's a caring sort, and I care about him in return.
            I haven't seen it, so I don't know things about

Spoiler:
            the acting. But I can imagine that it's odd if you saw a person, who was your friend, dying and after a year he seems to be back - in one way or another. I don't think one will act normal in such a situation.

And for the character development:

IMO in every long-running show this is an essential point which is necessary. So I guess

Spoiler:
            because of his experience in the time with Michael the clone won't be the same as the real Carson. Likely darker. But I'm sure he still has a heartily personality. Let's hope we will see a lot of it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
              You bad girl.

Great caps Twinny. I just simply *love* everything about that man.
              "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                You bad girl.

Great caps Twinny. I just simply *love* everything about that man.
                That is a very hot cap.

Kindred Part 2 comment:
                Spoiler:
                Paul shined so well in this episode. His acting was amazing. We got S1-S3 feel back for that episode. This episode proved it was a mistake to kill him in the first place and it was a mistake only giving him 5 episodes next season. Hopefully, the writers realized how loved and how much of an impacted he is to the show and puts in more episode than 5

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                  Originally posted by Emre View Post
                  You bad girl.
                  Ehm, I hate to spoil it for you, Oda, but Emre is a HE.

But you're still right, naughty boy, Emre.
                  twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                  sigpic

Comment

Ahh, you guys post too fast that I'll have to read all your spiffy posts bit-by-bit later. (I was too busy to post yeatserday and this morning). So I'll type up my own thoughts then respond to a few.

Spoiler:
                    Kindred II ... Well, where to begin? First to say that Paul was awesome as usual!

I'll start with the whole Clone issue. I was a bit tetchy that it wasn't my original Carson at first, but upon learning he was exactly the same person I loosened up a bit. I'm still adjusting to the fact that he is the same, though, yet a clone. It's hard to wrap my head around at times But I'll get over the clone fact eventually though I do feel a weebit cheated. By the way, can Michael make me a Carson clone of my own? I want MORE!

I loved all the scenes with Carson and Rodney. Paul and David ahve natural chemistry and SGA is really missing out with him gone. (IMO Rodney has suffered the most because of cast changes - both Carson and Elizabeth were great balances to him.) But I adore how protective Rodney was of him. I love him getting pissed at Carter for suggesting Carson was less than the original.

About the team being on edge - I do suppose that could be because as chaarcters they were or alternately the cast wasn't sure. It actually fit very well, their uncertainty with the episode, so whether it was intended or not it did no harm.

Being a big supporter of CarsonTeyla I loved the small scene between those two, which I expected not to happen. Im not one for in-your-face ship but those two are so sweet together! <3 Nice to see Halling again. I was wondering if JM forgot who he was

I felt like hugging Carson so many times in the eppy. Especially when he asked about Elizabeth. (On the flip side, that aslo made me NOT want to hug tptb. Quite the opposite infact) I developed a lump in my throat every time he doubled over. I just wanna pick him up and hug him. I loved him saying he thought things were going to be different when he came back. I'd feel the same way

The ending ... good god, made me cry. My poor woobie has been through so much. When he was with Keller I was all "hands off Keller, he's MINE!!" But the goodbyes. Aww. Shep and Carson - "You bring her home, now, you understand?" <3 Carson and Ronon - Ronon is a big teddy bear underneath and you know it But it made me cry. It was so somber. Rodney - I liked him trying to cheer Carson up with the dreams yet Carson still knew his outlook. Through that last scene tears just began to build up.

So, overall: Am I over-the-top exuberant? No. Am I satisfied? For now, yes.

In conclusion, I'll just be tuning in for the Carson eppies next season. I can't wait to see more of him and Rodney - something I, or Rodney weren't something expecting. For Rodney this is a second chance to realize the value of the friends he has. It's a second chance most people don't get. I hope he learned from what's happened and that could play out in the future - because Rodney realizing the value of friendship would just be so powerful in itself.

Okay, other responses...

HOW IN ALL GOOD HEAVENS COULD THEY SEND HIM BACK TO THE SUBSTITUTION'S BENCH AND MAKE THE CHARACTER OF KELLER A REGULAR FOR NEXT SEASON?!?!?!
                    Are they really that blind (or desperate)?!
                    I was wondering the same. There's too much potential with him but obviously the fools have made it clear they want Keller. Desperate? I don't reallt think so. Blind? Pretty much given the complaints and campaigns, yes. Stupid? Definately.

Besides, as we say in the Anti club, season four on is AU... Lah-dee-dah, Sunday isn't

Couldn't have said it better myself. Carson is a beautiful human being, and as far as I'm concerned he deserves both a place in my heart *and* to be treated well in the writing of his character. To think of that not happening pains me. The writers developed a deeply wonderful person, and Paul turned him into that compassionate, brave, intelligent soul we love so much. That's rare. Really, really rare.
                    <spoiler'd for length>
                    Spoiler:

Too many "good guy" characters act according to established eithical norms, but fail to be genuinely caring human beings. Carson is almost the opposite - he's done some ethically questionable things, for instance medical experimentation on wraith prisoners. He doesn't lecture others on right and wrong. But he probably cares more, has more genuine compassion, than a dozen cardboard cut-out heroes. He doesn't *act* like a nice guy, he *is* a nice guy. Deeply, completely, and genuinely so.

Not only to have a genuinely decent, genuinely caring character but to have him portrayed as a believable human being - that's magic. And it shouldn't be tossed away. If for no other reason than, well, I love him. A lot. I adore Shep. He's fun. He's cute and dashing and brave. But I *love* Carson
                    Wow, thats a perfect description jetflair! I agree with what you say one hundred percent. I especially like what you said in the second paragraph. Speaks volumes for an awesome complex character. Fun, cute, dashing and brave - ahhh. <3

But ironically enough, it was Jewel Staite's involvement in Stargate Atlantis that led me to the show. <...> I remember reading somewhere that Stait's character replaced a beloved character on Atlantis and that she was going to have a hard time winning viewers because of that. I pretty much shrugged that off, never thinking that he would become *my* beloved character
                    Wow, I'm not the only one! Nice to know, jetflair, my story is pretty much the same. I feel so guilty, I too shrugged off the fact she was replacing a beloved character. WHich would become my beloved character Now I want Carson back and will do anything to get him back

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
                    Also she doesn't seem to have any "special' bonds with any of the other castmembers where she can play of, like that kind of magic carson has with rodney, joe has/had with Teyla and Weir and even with Ronon. She is so isolated in her play.
                    I agree, look at the forced team moments this season. Carson and Weir didn't have to sit at the table to be part of the family. Again, this screams 'forced' and that family I had is dear to me. They developed friendships over 2-3 years. You just can't f---ing replace that

Comment

There's a poll here on whether or not Carson should have been brought back.
                      Go vote!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52277

Comment

And a few caps from 'Just Cause'

I love this pic

Comment

Well, I wasn't having much luck finding the right Carsony wallpaper for my computer, so I made one. Normally I'm reluctant to do so because my graphic design skills are rather pedestrian and it also takes me forever, but I actually think this one turned out rather nicely. It's in widescreen format for laptops - spoiler tagged for size.

Spoiler:

Comment

wow, very nice wallpaper.
                            i love these faces from Carson, he looks so friendly and caring)

thanks for showing them
                            sigpic

Comment

Friendly and caring....that's my beloved Carson

*huggles Carson*

Comment

Well, I wasn't having much luck finding the right Carsony wallpaper for my computer, so I made one. Normally I'm reluctant to do so because my graphic design skills are rather pedestrian and it also takes me forever, but I actually think this one turned out rather nicely. It's in widescreen format for laptops - spoiler tagged for size.

Spoiler:
                                "Pedestrian"? Are you kidding me? The wall is fantastic, jet! You just gotta adore the lovely facial expressions of Carson. *happy fangirl sigh*

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X