Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 1100 idlewild!
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
      Happy 1100 idlewild!
      Bwahahaha! Lookie there, I'm at 1100 already I've been post happy as of late.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Nothing wrong with that...especially when you post pictures like that!
        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
          woohoo, the big 1000... I thought I dedicate this post to this thread cause I started here and the main part of my posts were here So bring out the cake *lol* or Paul...

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...07/p3-paul.jpg

Congratulations and jubilations on

most thunkworthy posts, phibi!

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          I don't know where I picked it up, but somewhere along the line I got this massive head cold. Knocked me right out for the past 3 days. I think it's finally going away, at least I hope this is the final stretch. I have to say though, all those lovely Paul pics are very therapeutic.
          Get better soon, cshawzye, and rest up! Catching a head cold is so not fun. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better though. Make yourself a hot water bottle and tuck yourself away for the night. THAT always works for me. But the pics are also very therapeutic indeed.
          Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
          I hope you haven't missed me too much. I think I'll have a little more time to thunk now, that my exams are almost over. It didn't go so well, but nothing is over yet.
          We did miss you a lot, Oda! I'm sorry to hear the outcome of the exams didn't quite meet your expectations. That's awful, you worked so hard for this.
          Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
          9 days, 9 hours, and 18 minutes till it airs for me !!!
          Not that you are counting or anything...
          I hope that makes 9 days, 10 hours and 20 minutes tops till I see the first screencaps... Do I sound pushy?

I have a question
          OT

Pic spam to bribe you guys
          Thanks again to all of you, I knew I could count on you guys. *hugs the thread*
          Sorry, I really don't know about the bookstores but the bribary has worked miracles on me! Keep that up. *thread hugs back*
          Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
          Originally posted by erb View Post
          I still cannot make up my mind which ticket to get. Decisions. Decisions.
          Same here. I am thinking about doing the gold but it is my first con so I am not sure what to do.
          No matter which ticket you'll end up purchasing, it'll be such a rewarding experience, believe me! Especially for newbies, a con is breathtaking! I had no idea what a mass of lectures and workshops and other things would be there. *dances on*

'Letters From Pegasus' pic spam ahead:

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            Happy 1100 idlewild!
            Bwahahaha! Lookie there, I'm at 1100 already I've been post happy as of late.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...ters-00089.jpg
            Congrats on posts then, idlewild!

You've been post happy indeed. But you won't hear us complaining about that new trait of yours.

BTW, great minds must really think alike. I just realized you also had the brilliant idea of picking 'Letters From Pegasus' caps.
            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
              I still cannot make up my mind which ticket to get. Decisions. Decisions.
              I got the gold tickets. I decided that it was my first con and well, to me it will be worth all of my savings I am really looking forward to meeting some of you that are coming to the con, its going to be an incredible weekend!!!
              BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Thanks for all the well-wishes, guys. It's appreciated. I'll be leaving for Dublin, Ireland, pretty soon, like next week, but not quite sure for how long... probably somewhere between 2 to 5 weeks. And yes, I am thinking about stopping by Scotland for a weekend, too.

Phibi: OMG! Your pic with Paul is adorable! *is jealous* Hehe, thanks for posting hon!

Originally posted by Haliyah
                Are they the extra-squishy kind? You'll never be able to hold a seal with just your lips. I bite mine lightly. Don't bite it hard, just enough to keep it where it's supposed to be. The mouthpiece simply will not stay in my mouth otherwise. The air pressure and gravity cause it to pop out. I'd suggest putting a protector only on your pipe mouthpiece. That way, you're still building lip-seal strength when you practise on your practice-chanter, and you'll still be used to the feel of them when you practice on your Great Highlands. Also: if you ever play in any parades...you're really going to have to start gripping with your teeth, or you'll have no seal left at all! Some people may recommend against it, but it's never been a problem for me. I can still play for hours. Just do what feels comfortable. They should not be taxing to play.

.:Oooh, also? Finding it harder to blow on the high hand is normal. It really makes sense, if you think about it in regards to the way a reed works and the tapered shape of the chanter. You'll get used to it after a while. Once you've got the playing/breathing/etc. rhythm down, the tone control will most likely be reflexive, and you won't even notice. How does the low hand feel?
                No, the mouthpiece protectors are pretty much just rubber tubing, although it is pretty soft, it's not squishy. Originally, I accustomed myself to reinforcing the seal around my practice chanter using pressure from my teeth too, but once I put on the mouthpiece protectors that became pretty awkward, and the mouthpiece on my pipes is actually substantially wider in circumference than my practice chanter too, making it even more awkward. My instructor had me trying to play today without any corks in the drones, and geeze, even though it was only a few minutes, my left arm is really sore and I couldn't keep the pressure steady enough. I really need to practice a lot more often, I think, 'cause it was really hard for me to keep the bag inflated, too.
                Last edited by Jersey13; 13 February 2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                  So bring out the cake *lol* or Paul...
                  Now I almost forgot about the cake, phibi. Of course you deserve a cake for your 1000th post, and idlewild may also help herself because she reached 1100 posts today.
                  The second cake is for everybody else who stopps by
                  Spoiler:
                  mocha pie

And chocolate cake

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                  I got the gold tickets. I decided that it was my first con and well, to me it will be worth all of my savings I am really looking forward to meeting some of you that are coming to the con, its going to be an incredible weekend!!!
                  You can certainly bet on that!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                    BTW, great minds must really think alike. I just realized you also had the brilliant idea of picking 'Letters From Pegasus' caps.
                    I like posting... tis fun.
                    Lol, we should play "guess the episode I'm thinking about"

Now I almost forgot about the cake, phibi. Of course you deserve a cake for your 1000th post, and idlewild may also help herself because she reached 1100 posts today.
                    Spoiler:
                    mocha pie

And chocolate cake
                    Oh..... YUM *drools*
                    Cake + Paul... oh I would be in hog heaven

Comment

I like posting... tis fun.
                      Lol, we should play "guess the episode I'm thinking about"

Oh..... YUM *drools*
                      We forgot the Whip Cream!!

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                        We forgot the Whip Cream!!
                        See, whip cream is the difference between hog heaven and the gutter! lol
                        sigpic

Comment

See, whip cream is the difference between hog heaven and the gutter! lol
                          If it's the gutter it would be Paul covered in cake and topped with ample amounts of whipped cream...... YUM *splashes oh so happily in gutter*

Oh, hey twinny, can I steal one of your con pictures? I just got the yummiest idea for a photoshop if I can find the right pictures
                          Last edited by idlewild202; 13 February 2008, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Just was very surprised to notice that no one's posted this yet, so thought I'd do it.

The TV Guide issue that just came out (the one for next week) has stuff about Kindred Pt. 1 in it. The actual episode summary on Friday's page talks mostly about Teyla, but if you go the the pages where they highlight shows to watch throughout the week, Atlantis is mentioned on Friday with a pic of Beckett in offworld gear. I'll see if I can't scan it tomorrow or this weekend and figure out how to post it. Otherwise, the magazine should be in stores now or soon.

And Oda, there are tons of bookstores in just about every city in the US. (When we travel in my family, those are the first thing we look for to de-stress after a long day in the car.) As for aviation-specific stores, you'd have to look at a gift shop in an Air and Space Museum or something like that. Otherwise, the bulk of the bookstores around are very general and cover lots of genres/topics in their selection.

Seti

Comment

Oh, hey twinny, can I steal one of your con pictures? I just got the yummiest idea for a photoshop if I can find the right pictures
                              Go right ahead, idlewild! I'm actually honoured you want to use some of my pics for a photoshop idea. Good luck! But please don't use the one with PM, my twin and me without cutting us out. Everything else is fair game.
                              Here's the link again if you don't have it hand right away: twinny's con pics

Thank you, Seti, for the heads-up on TV Guide! I'm looking forward to what they might mention for 'The Kindred II'.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                mocha pie

And chocolate cake

You can certainly bet on that!
                                hey, thanks for the cake!

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                                Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X