No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most enjoyable 15 minutes Ive had in a long time....spent at least 5 min on each picture...
    BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

hello everybody!!!

Spoiler:
      if anyone wants to see a new carson go to the homepage and find kindred part one..
      I'm a doctor.. a medical doctor. I break things like this.. "beckett season one episode one of atlantis"

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
        Scottish Doctor, loving your walls. Great stuff. I wanted to green you, but apparently I need to spread it around a little more, so mental green

Couldn't help myself ... had to repost this picture. I just love the way his eyes stand out here. And you can't forget his smile and that dimple, so lovely. *sigh*

Yay! Um, Beckett is great in Irresistible. It's not the best episode of the season, but I liked Beckett in it. It's not a funny one, but I'd say the best Beckett ep of the entire season is Phantoms. I absolutely adore that episode. Have fun watching them though!

Many thanks I shall watch out for them both!!

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
          *consoles leighanners* I haven't seen my bed at all this last night but on the positive side, I'm already done working for today since it's already 4:30 PM over here. Nonetheless, I'll be thinking of you, girl. Don't let work get too stressful.

Let's get into the dirt one last time before heading off, shall we?

Look but don't taste. Okay, taste but don't swallow!
          Work kicked my "bum(p)" today. Early bedtime tonight.

Oh...there will be lots of tasting. Oh I am so bad

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

Then take it m'dear!
          Take it I shall...

Sounds good to me.....

Mud Hole

(well... without the car, lol)
          +
          A mess of Carson Clones

= A bunch of very VERY happy fangirls!!!

*LOVE*that...YUMMY

Think I can hit 2000 tonight?
          Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Thanks for the lovely banner comments ya'll! I was the Photoshop Queen in 7th Grade Yes, at my school it was a real avoid.

I really do want to know because then I know whether I stop bothering about Atlantis after 'The Kindred'. I've already stopped watching season four. I season five doesn't bring Paul McGillion's return in a significant part, I'm done with it and won't even try and catch up on the things I've missed in season four.
            For me, I would probably continue to watch season four and maybe some of season five. I too want to know, but part of what's so stressing is thinking about how I'll be dissatisfied when the list comes out. I think TPTB might be afraid that if they change things around, the anti's/pro-Carson /Weir people will be happy yet those that are in perfect love with season four and the pro-Carter's will stop watching. (IMO, I believe there is more of the former.) After all, they can't please everyone. If PM doesn't come back in season five things are really going to suck, agreed. Joe and Jason could be affected by the predicted SAG strike, Rachel and David has new little ones. It seems Carter and Keller appear to most definately coming back, and Torri won't be a regular either. I think I don't want to know because I'm too scared. =/

If what I just mentioned before happens SGA would better off be canceled. TPTB will have to realize season 4 is a big mistake they can never wholly undo.

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            *points to last pic* I was looking for that one! I can't find it. I think my computer ate it.
            Yep, it's the one from 'Duet' and the opening credits. A little OT, but does anyone know what episodes the other opening clips are from? I know Joe/Shep's are from Suspicion, Teyla/Rachel's from Letters from Pegasus, Jason/Ronon's from Trinity, and Paul/Carson's from Duet, but I'm unsure where Torri's and David's are from?

Yippieeeeeee, mud! How about we let our Carson clones compete in mud wrestling? *chimes innocently*

That's exactly what I love so much about Carson, although being very good at his job, you always felt for the most part it was his dedication that had him strive for a solution in a no-win situation. Beckett acted like it wasn't his medical genius that saved the patients/friends but his caring attitude and will to go far beyond professional duty. They didn't survive because he knew everything about everything but because he refused to let them die. He was much more average than about anybody else on Atlantis. And he felt average too.
            Well said! He wasn't a leader, he wasn't the nerd, and he wasn't a butt-kickin' fighter; he was just the doctor, but what outweighed that was his compassion. He felt average, sure; but he also didn't mind being average. Everybody put their trust in him, and he too trusted the others. All of the six main Atlantis characters had a specific role, (even if they were underused in specific instances); Carson was indeed the heart. (And always will be.)

Originally posted by Scottish Doctor View Post
            You know I am constantly teased by my friends because I switch from actor to actor...thinking this ones cute/talented.....to THIS one is cute/talented. But with Paul, it's different. He's almost a grown up male version of me, lol. This man just soooooo amazing and while I haven't met him, from what I hear, he's a good natured, down to earth guy.From youtube videos, and pictures, he's hilarious at Cons and enjoys himself. Not many actors do and Paul not only does, but is uberly nice (from what I've seen):
            Oooh, oh, UBERGREEN! Fantastic yummy pictures! Yeah, Paul is definately the cast member I would most want to meet. Hopefully someday I will, through some free event or a chance set visit. (I only live 4-4.5 hours from Vancouver BC, so not a long stretch for a trip. But then again a set visit is unlikely without money or reasources =/ Anyways, I've seen the stuff he does at the cons and that makes him just awesomesause =]

Mud Hole
            http://members.westnet.com.au/shelbygt500/mud.jpg
            (well... without the car, lol)
            No prob (yes, I admit I occaisionally show off my skills): http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...dwrestling.jpg

And with that I shall go get the artsiness out of my system and make a Carson or Carson/Teyla sig

Comment

You know I am constantly teased by my friends because I switch from actor to actor...thinking this ones cute/talented.....to THIS one is cute/talented. But with Paul, it's different. He's almost a grown up male version of me, lol. This man just soooooo amazing and while I haven't met him, from what I hear, he's a good natured, down to earth guy.

Not to mention I LOVE his crooked smile
              I was the same way! Then First episode Stargat Atlantis and I was hooked, I have never liked an Actor like I love Paul. like ^ someday I hope to meet him, but I live in Texas FAR FAR away from any place I could see him at

Comment

Think I can hit 2000 tonight?
                Only 6 posts? Easy!! You can go do it leighanners!!!! Go Go GO!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                No prob (yes, I admit I occaisionally show off my skills): http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...dwrestling.jpg
                That's awesome!! Mucho thankies!
                Lol, I could have done that myself.... I'm much to lazy sometimes

Like with my homework *cough* Auumm.... I better get my butt in gear if I want another 4.0 this semester. Heh...

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Thanks to Prion for this info (and whoever posted it on the SCB Yahoo! Group):

Paul To Do An SGA Audio Book

Big Finish productions (who also produces many Dr. Who Audio
                  adventures has teamed up with MGM to produce a series of audiobooks,
                  available as online download or CD. The one hour long dramas will
                  feature one main cast member, with possibly an additional cast member.
                  There will be 3 SG-1 and 3 Atlantis stories. Please note that these
                  are not books that are read aloud, but are audio dramas.

To be released on July 30 is "Perchance to Dream" written by Sally
                  Malcolm and read by Paul McGillion

Two other SGA audiobooks will be released, one in May read by Torri
                  Higginson, the other in September read by David Nykl. Three SG-1 books
                  are also being released.

Big Finish Productions will launch their downloading service beginning
                  February 1. For future information on the SG-1/SGA audio dramas
                  (nothing is noted there as of yet), please visit the Big Finish
                  Productions website. http://www.bigfinish.com/index.asp
                  (note that Big Finish also offers audiobooks on the Tomorrow People
                  and Sapphire and Steel)

Wraitfodder's LJ: http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/160446.html

sigpic
                  www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                  Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post

are also being released.

and Sapphire and Steel)

OOOOOOOOOOOO That is so cool!!!

Comment

are also being released.

and Sapphire and Steel)

Exciting! That's something to look forward to!

Only 6 posts? Easy!! You can go do it leighanners!!!! Go Go GO!

Easier said than done! I've been tryin for two days now...I only seem to get a post or two in a day. We'll see!

Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                        I was the same way! Then First episode Stargat Atlantis and I was hooked, I have never liked an Actor like I love Paul. like ^ someday I hope to meet him, but I live in Texas FAR FAR away from any place I could see him at
                        I'm planning on making it in TV production. Planning being the key word but I want to work for a sci-fi TV show....maybe SGA will still be running in like 2-4 years *crosses fingers and toes* so maybe I can work on it!!!

I'd die haha

Comment

are also being released.

and Sapphire and Steel)

Very very cool!
                          I would love to hear that!

Easier said than done! I've been tryin for two days now...I only seem to get a post or two in a day. We'll see!
                          Go visit the fun and games board Not only is it fun, it's great for your post count!! lol
                          And hey look... only down 5 now!

Comment

I'm planning on making it in TV production. Planning being the key word but I want to work for a sci-fi TV show....maybe SGA will still be running in like 2-4 years *crosses fingers and toes* so maybe I can work on it!!!

I'd die haha
                            If you did, how could I bribe you to let me see the set...? hummm?? Anything??? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                              If you did, how could I bribe you to let me see the set...? hummm?? Anything??? Lol
                              probably not because I'd have the set and Paul on it lol what more could I possibly want besides Paul himself :X !! *slaps self*

Comment

probably not because I'd have the set and Paul on it lol what more could I possibly want besides Paul himself :X !! *slaps self*
                                Because you're a nice person and you know all us thunkers would be terribly sad if we didn't get an invite *puppy dog face*

Comment

Working...
                                X