Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
    idlewild!!! I have to say hi since I neglected the thread before you joined us. Must ask - is your name based on the band??? If so - I love their song 'American English'.
    Hi!! I'm glad you are back! Always glad to meet more Carson fans
    As for my name, actually... I didn't even know there was a band called idlewild! LOL. I wanna say I saw it on a road map of all places, like a campground or something... but it's been my screen name for eons now it seems like, I love it.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Medie13 View Post
      hey i don't normally hang out here, but i thought y'all would like these. i've got a few more to do, but these are the only ones that are actually finished. pictures are from stargate-caps.com and just a warning these are from "Sunday"...

This is from my series entitled "A Farewell to Beckett"...I've got the others waiting to be finished, but my cousin is on vacation and won't be back for a few days so don't expect them before well...sunday (i know ironic). Anyway there will be possibly five more (i know four for certain and i've got an idea for a fifth, just need to see if its do-able and check the show to make sure i didn't miss any of his running around the city). i know this is kinda late after the episode aired, but i had to wait til i could do it without breaking down into tears...

spoilered for size more than anything else since i think we all know what happened:

Spoiler:

medie
      Ahhh, beautiful ones. Thanks for showing!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley View Post
        Hi there!
        I have just spent the xmas holidays watching SA season 1 and 2 for the first time. The one character who has really grabbed my attention is Carson Beckett. Paul injects so much life into the character - he is a joy to watch - funny too!! I'm gutted that they have removed the character in season 3. Why did they do that - he's the most rounded believeable (and fanciable)character on the show?!!

Oh everyone here agrees and feels your pain
        The character had me, literally, the moment he was on screen in the pilot episode. I was like "OOOO HOT!" and then when he spoke, it just finalized the decision that he was going to be my favorite character. He never let me down and out of all the characters, his character development was amazing, right up to the point of his "death". The character really was written well but no one could of pulled it off like Paul. I have to admit I haven't watched season 4 --mostly because my stupid town doesn't get the freakin sci-fi channel I mean what the heck is up with that?! Anyway off my venting -- but the 3 final season episodes after Sunday just weren't the same. The show lost alot of it quality (IMO) when they lost Carson.

As far as Dr. Keller goes, I just cannot stand her. Again I haven't seen any of season 4 but just seeing those last 3 episodes was enough for me. But that's for another thread.

I guess you can say I'm protesting the show until Carson's episodes. I know that that doesn't show support of the show and I really should be, but, I just don't have the heart. Why? Because they "killed" the Heart of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottish Doctor View Post
          I guess you can say I'm protesting the show until Carson's episodes. I know that that doesn't show support of the show and I really should be, but, I just don't have the heart. Why? Because they "killed" the Heart of Atlantis.
          You are the consumer. If the product doesn't meet with your approval for any reason, you are under no obligation to "buy". Don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

I've been watching, albeit with a lot less enthusiasm (had to pass on Missing and will skip Trio), but I have no problem with those who have stopped. As a matter of fact, I salute you.

Bring back the "heart"!!

Comment

I'm still watching SGA, even if Carson isn't there (of course, it's painful...but yeah. Not much left)

Caps from Epiphany.

Spoiler:

~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes!
              I'm an SG1 fan originally. They killed off a much loved doctor in SG1 too at the end of season 7 - Janet Frasier - only to bring in a new younger sexier Doctor in season 9. Not a patch on Janet!!
              It is sad for the actors in my opinon. If they are doing a great job and the fans like the character why not keep them?
              Carson's a cutie in my book!!

Comment

Welcome to the thread, Coley!

OK, Paul fans ... I finally held my nose and watched "Beyond Loch Ness," so get ready for a cap spam!

That's the closest we got to a smile ... he mostly looks worried, then terrified, then dead.

Spoiler:

Starting to get worried!

Is that what I think it is?

HOLY CRAP!

Steady on lads, let's just back away quietly ...

More in next post!

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                  Welcome to the thread, Coley!

OK, Paul fans ... I finally held my nose and watched "Beyond Loch Ness," so get ready for a cap spam!

That's the closest we got to a smile ... he mostly looks worried, then terrified, then dead.

Spoiler:

Starting to get worried!

Is that what I think it is?

HOLY CRAP!

Steady on lads, let's just back away quietly ...

More in next post!
                  Oh. My. God. I am cursing the lack of the Sci-Fi channel here. Paul in a wetsuit (or just...wet. THE HAIR IS LOVE) = <3 x780835024532.
                  ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

More awfulness from "Beyond Loch Ness" ...

Spoiler:
                    Oh aye, she's a big 'un!

WHUMP!

Ouch.

Son ... if you only do one thing in your life ...

Don't get eaten by a sea monster!

ARGGGGH!

Whew, that was 5 minutes of fine television! And I actually watched the entire film, just for Don S. Davis (and some laughs).

Hope y'all enjoy the caps!

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                      Paul in a wetsuit (or just...wet. THE HAIR IS LOVE) = <3 x780835024532.
                      I'm with you, Emre! Love the first pic, especially.

Comment

SAVE CARSON CAMPAIGN FEATURETTE ON S4 SGA BOXSET

Today on his official blog, Alex Levine mentioned the writers were given screening on some of the upcoming S4 featurettes on the S4 box set due out this summer. He confirmed that there will be a piece on the campaign, most likely I assume it will be footage of the rally in Van (Ivon and Gero were out in full force, interviewing and all).

This is fantastic news! I am pretty sure nothing like this has been done for a fan campaign in the history of Stargate. So WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!! We are going doing in history for the second time on an official SGA merch piece!!!!

You can read the entry here:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post

Today on his official blog, Alex Levine mentioned the writers were given screening on some of the upcoming S4 featurettes on the S4 box set due out this summer. He confirmed that there will be a piece on the campaign, most likely I assume it will be footage of the rally in Van (Ivon and Gero were out in full force, interviewing and all).
                          Awesome news, Jenner! I can't wait to see it.

I just hope they don't try to make the fans look silly ... some of Gero's questions at the rally were bordering on obnoxious, if you ask me. (Of course, Gero borders on obnoxious most of the time! )

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                            Awesome news, Jenner! I can't wait to see it.

I just hope they don't try to make the fans look silly ... some of Gero's questions at the rally were bordering on obnoxious, if you ask me. (Of course, Gero borders on obnoxious most of the time! )
                            You're way too kind, TJ. Border nothing...he's dead center.

Comment

This is fantastic news! I am pretty sure nothing like this has been done for a fan campaign in the history of Stargate. So WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!!! We are going doing in history for the second time on an official SGA merch piece!!!!

You can read the entry here:

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/
                              That is wonderful news!! Thanks Jenner!!

TJ, those pics from "Beyond Loch Ness" are awesome! As much as I would have liked to have seen Paul, I wasn't to keen on him getting killed... err... eaten. Ack, same difference.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Ok that just goes to show we have high hopes for season 5. Why put that on the S4 boxset if he wasn't going to be back full time in S5 Wouldn't make sense

and awesome caps of the Loch Ness love his eyes
                                Last edited by Scottish Doctor; 11 January 2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X