Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
    Hey, guys. I only visited and lurked for the few past days, because I was studying for an exam and I could hardly resist replying to all the posts and the beautiful pics. So here it is: the multi-quote post from me.

Thanks Idlewild. I guess your Christmas tree is up by now. I still have to put up ours.

Thanks for the hug phynyxoffyre. And a *big hug* for back for your arthritis. I hope you get better soon and that the diet helps.
    Thanks Oda. Hope your exam went well.
    sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
      I'm just goofing around. One of my most favorite stories has to be captdeb's The Greater Good. Great story (wish we could see something like this on show) and great friendship fic!!
      ME TOO!! I love that story! I re-read it over and over. I totally love the scene where Carson is starting to get shrill after the jumper's crashed, and Ronon tells him calmly, "I think you should know that I'm about to slap you." (But then our darling Dr. Beckett pulls it together and is a real hero after all ... ha. )

One of my other absolute favorites is a Carson/Rodney friendship piece by Sholio - FANTASTIC plot twists, and really exciting (with plenty of whump!):

Shattered Things

I'll tell you, fanfic is my lifeblood these days while I'm waiting for "The Kindred"!

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post

One of my other absolute favorites is a Carson/Rodney friendship piece by Sholio - FANTASTIC plot twists, and really exciting (with plenty of whump!):

Shattered Things

I'll tell you, fanfic is my lifeblood these days while I'm waiting for "The Kindred"!
        I'm so reading that right now. Has an interesting beginning.
        ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
          ME TOO!! I love that story! I re-read it over and over. I totally love the scene where Carson is starting to get shrill after the jumper's crashed, and Ronon tells him calmly, "I think you should know that I'm about to slap you." (But then our darling Dr. Beckett pulls it together and is a real hero after all ... ha. )
          I just reread part of it today. Need to go back and read it all. I love so many things about it. One thing which had me LOL today was the part where
          Spoiler:
          "Since you’re a civilian, we were unable to secure you a Congressional Medal of Honor, as some people were advocating.” She leveled a glance at Sheppard, who was clearly still sulking about it.

I could just see that so clearly and it just rung so true. I miss my SGA.

Oh, yes! Need to reread more classics. I wish there was more Carson fic, especially these days.

And for the no one could replace Carson position. Cap by Linz.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
            I wish there was more Carson fic, especially these days.
            Tried Crossroads, the SGA slash fic archive? =O

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Bookmarked the three fanfics mentioned. Can't wait to read them.

Makes me want to just sit and write on my fanfic all day, but unfortunately I have to work tonight.

Weekend off, though, so it'll be all screencapping and writing for me!

And now, some Scottish hotness from 'The Intruder'...

Spoiler:

sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

7 minutes left 'til Sunday. Time to do an inventory check.

Chips? Yes. Drink? Yes. Locked door? Check. Extreme amount of angst? Hell yes.

You write fanfiction, phynyxoffyre?

Comment

I've written a number of Beckett fics too, Emre. Let's see, three angst/whump fics, two horror(-ish), and an adventure fic to top them all. My Profile

Comment

I will definately read those once I finish crying me eyes out.

SGA time now.

Comment

I was in the middle of writing "The Emerald Wanderer" when I first watched 'Sunday'. It was so hard to finish it after that.

Comment

Just watching the pre-Carsondiesfromtheexplosivetumor part is hard.

Poor chap. Just wanted to fish. ._.

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

Glad you're back, Oda! How did you do in the exam?
                          I knew one day it would get anyone of us, the multi-quote madness...
                          A happy 'yay' for rare 'Rising' caps! http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ies/demand.jpg
                          http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...g/Rising13.jpg
                          Spoiler:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/01%20Rising/Rising16.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the welcome back. My exam went fine, I think I'll pass. I want to get a good grade.
                          Great caps BTW.

Originally posted by phynyxoffyre View Post
                          Thanks Oda. Hope your exam went well.
                          Thanks, it did. The results for one part of the exam will be known on monday, I'll let you guys know, I'm sure.

I have no dimple pics, but the object of thunking is still the same.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                            Thanks for the welcome back. My exam went fine, I think I'll pass. I want to get a good grade.
                            Great caps BTW.

I have no dimple pics, but the object of thunking is still the same.

What subject did you have examination in? Here's to hoping that you get the grade you want.

Great caps, btw. The hair makes me giddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                              What subject did you have examination in? Here's to hoping that you get the grade you want.

Great caps, btw. The hair makes me giddy.
                              I had Aerodynamics. Very interesting stuff.
                              Ah the hair. We all love them, right?

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Aerodynamics...is it a part of a physics class? It really does sound interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X