Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phibi View Post
    I know it's not Paul, but maybe you want to see the pics nevertheless Go ahead, the convention pics from the Crossroads convention are online now. Guest were David Nykl, Lucciana Carro, Peter Williams, Patrick Currie and the best surprise guest ever: Chuck Campbell!!!!

www.baby-turtles.de
    Thanks Phibi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
      Both of you posted very good pics! He always looks so lovely in the caps. There is hardly any screenshot I've ever seen in which he doesn't convey his BIG heart across the TV screens.

It is totally understandable that you are still on a convention high, phibi! There is so much info you have to process that you really need a few days to get to "terms" and live up to what you have experienced while there.

Your driving stunts sound funny, idlewild, but be careful, okay.

BTW, did you already see what David Hewlett said about Paul McGillion in his look back at Season four on the GW main page? What a tease!
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...ason_fou.shtml

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...therhood12.jpg
      He looks so cute on those caps, Twinny. I just want to hug him and squeeze him so tight, he'd stop breathing. Then he will probably need mouth to mouth which I would be happy to volunteer for that. I hope the mods don't ban me for this.

I know it's not Paul, but maybe you want to see the pics nevertheless Go ahead, the convention pics from the Crossroads convention are online now. Guest were David Nykl, Lucciana Carro, Peter Williams, Patrick Currie and the best surprise guest ever: Chuck Campbell!!!!

www.baby-turtles.de
      I lvoed the photos phibi. Looks like you guys had a really great time. Chuck is so funny.
      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

I really like snow but not when I have to drive. As long as I'm on foot, no problem. Although we're already 30, my twin and I make a snowman every winter (if the snow allows of course). You just have to keep the fun alive!
        In our region we usually don't have snow around Christmas, not because it wouldn't be cold enough but because it never snows around Christmas. Then there are also years it's just too wet.
        It's been like that around here lately too. We used to have huge banks of snow around Christmas time. For the last two years though it was green and muddy. And yay for making snowmen! Gotta keep up doing things like that. My brothers and I still do snowball fights, toboggan rides and other things (when we can anyway). You definitely can't give those kinds of things up!
        I totally see your point, cshawzye.
        Spoiler:
        But what also buggs me about the character of Keller is the fact that it's usually her referencing to Carson. And I just keep wondering whether they do this on purpose and try to endear her to us by letting her say his name. If that's the point, it certainly doesn't work with me! I'd rather have my Beckett than his student that says his name with awe.

I'm as well at the point where I say, "Stop talking about him or copying his behaviour, bring our lovely Scot back already!" That's what the show really needs, IMHO.
        I definitely agree!
        Spoiler:
        I don't know why they keep using her in that way. Sure it's referencing Carson, but it makes her seem like she can't do things on her own. Sure, I'm happy they're keeping the memory of the character alive, but I'd much rather have Beckett (in the flesh Beckett) around.

I think it's funny that the official word from TPTB for a long time was that "she's not replacing Carson," but the fact that she continually references his work and his relationships (that she's now stepping into) signifies that she has in fact replaced him. And, yeah it really seems like she's more a student than an actual head of department.

I think this pic gives you so much because it is Carson in a nutshell, how much he cares, how hard he works to keep everybody alive and just his gorgeous outward appearance!
        You know, I never thought about that with that picture, but I think you're totally right. To me, that one picture depicts perfectly who Carson is.

ok peeps... I've been searching the net for some stuff about chuck and look what I've found *lol*

http://www.llatalent.com/talent_libr..._McGillian.mp3

(just ignore the wrong spelled name and click )
        Oh my goodness! I've never laughed so hard. Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

www.baby-turtles.de
        Ooo, yay! It's always great to see con pics, even if Paul isn't in them. Thanks for sharing these.

Great news about the season 3 companion book and SCB! I'm going to have to get myself a copy, and soon!

HAIR!!

Cheers!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

www.baby-turtles.de
          Thank you so much for sharing, phibi! Even looking at the pics you see how much fun it was. Well done.
          Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
          He looks so cute on those caps, Twinny. I just want to hug him and squeeze him so tight, he'd stop breathing. Then he will probably need mouth to mouth which I would be happy to volunteer for that.
          Oh nos! Please, he mustn't stop breathing! I'd rather try the mouth to mouth while he still does breathe.
          Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          And yay for making snowmen! Gotta keep up doing things like that. My brothers and I still do snowball fights, toboggan rides and other things (when we can anyway). You definitely can't give those kinds of things up!
          Phew, good to know I'm not the only nutcase around here
          Today it snowed here as well. The first time this autumn/fall. I was so surprised to see all the snow in the morning. The ground was too warm, so it melted away right on the spot but the big snow flakes were marvellous to watch.

I definitely agree!
          Spoiler:
          I don't know why they keep using her in that way. Sure it's referencing Carson, but it makes her seem like she can't do things on her own. Sure, I'm happy they're keeping the memory of the character alive, but I'd much rather have Beckett (in the flesh Beckett) around.

I think it's funny that the official word from TPTB for a long time was that "she's not replacing Carson," but the fact that she continually references his work and his relationships (that she's now stepping into) signifies that she has in fact replaced him. And, yeah it really seems like she's more a student than an actual head of department.
          Spoiler:
          Yes, she IS replacing him in any sense, no matter what they want to make us believe.

But apart from her not appearing too confident and convincing with her referencing back to Carson, it also annoys me that it's always HER. I mean no one else ever said a word about him. Okay, they supposedly worked together but it more comes across like, "see, she's not pushing into his space, she gives him credit." And when we all complained that they all moved on too quickly, it's his replacement that gives into our complaints. So I keep asking myself whether it's supposed to be some sort of weird tactic to make her more appealing to the Carson-fans. Just my impression.

You know, I never thought about that with that picture, but I think you're totally right. To me, that one picture depicts perfectly who Carson is.
          Exactly my point.
          And very sweet pics, cshawzye!

The snow makes me want to post a few goodies from 'Inferno'. I know it's ash from the volcano but it's close enough.

Spoiler:

Dimples for good measure

And the look *gah*
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

www.baby-turtles.de
            Holy Hannah! When did Patrick Currie turn into such a smokin' hottie?!?!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sopphia View Post

I was really surprised when I saw him!! (I mean, on the photos )

Comment

cshawzye, great pics, especially the last one.

Oh nos! Please, he mustn't stop breathing! I'd rather try the mouth to mouth while he still does breathe.
                I agree.

Phew, good to know I'm not the only nutcase around here
                Today it snowed here as well. The first time this autumn/fall. I was so surprised to see all the snow in the morning. The ground was too warm, so it melted away right on the spot but the big snow flakes were marvellous to watch.
                Who's says you're a nutcase if you make a snowman? I like playing in the snow too. Just to bad there's not enough of it so that I could make a snowman. And it looks like everybody round here already has snow in their country/city, but not me. I want snow.

The snow makes me want to post a few goodies from 'Inferno'. I know it's ash from the volcano but it's close enough.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Inferno10.jpg
                Oh, the dimples and the look
                *thunk*
                Great pics Twinny.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by Sopphia View Post
                  don't ask me, but I had the same reaction... I was all.. oh, great..that fifth character.. he has curls... I hate curls... and then THAT hunk of a guy came to our table....

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                  Visit me at my LJ

Comment

A very warm welcome to the Beckett thunk thread, Sopphia!
                    Who's says you're a nutcase if you make a snowman? I like playing in the snow too. Just to bad there's not enough of it so that I could make a snowman. And it looks like everybody round here already has snow in their country/city, but not me. I want snow.

Oh, the dimples and the look
                    *thunk*
                    Great pics Twinny.
                    *sends three shovels of snow over to Oda* "Here you are, dear!

Thanks and right back at you.
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

*sends three shovels of snow over to Oda* "Here you are, dear!
                      Sorry, Oda, those three shovels were all we've got.

Maybe you can lure the snow to come down if I post a few nice 'Rising' pics with shots from freezy Antarctica?

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for those three shovels, I guess they'll have to do.
                        As for the luring part: I don't know, I think you kind of did the opposite. It's getting quite *HOT* in here.

Comment

As for the luring part: I don't know, I think you kind of did the opposite. It's getting quite *HOT* in here.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b..._Michael16.jpg
                          Then I fear this will also rather work for the contrary

sigpic

Comment

Your fear came true. Now I have to go and take a cold shower- AGAIN. Excuse me...

Comment

Your fear came true. Now I have to go and take a cold shower- AGAIN. Excuse me...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b..._TheGift22.jpg
                              Then I'm afraid these goodies from 'Letters' won't help either... Enjoy anyway!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. I am sorry if you guys don't know who I am or don't remember me. I kinda disappeared for a while. I had alot of school and family issues. I am back however. Yay me!

~*Willing To March Into Hell For A Heavenly Cause*~
                                =<3

Comment

Working...
                                X