No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys! I've got six people so far. I'll continue collecting names for about a week. I think that'll give most everyone to hear about it. I'm setting everything up as I type this, and I'll PM everyone interested about Nov. 1st with the plan. I really hope this works out.

Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

I was bored, can't you tell? Haha. Thought I'd do a little promoting.

Spoiler:
      For Under-Wraps please PM me your name, address, interests (up to 3), whether or not you would want an international buddy, and an email address you would like me to contact you at. I will take entries until November 1st, maybe later depending on how my life goes this next week and a half. I will then contact you for the buddy selection process within the week following so you have enough time to plan and get ideas on what you would like to give for a gift. Questions? PM me.

NOTE: I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas, and "Secret Santa" kind of stems from that, but this is open to everyone who wants to participate regardless religion and of what they celebrate.
      Last edited by leighanners; 21 October 2007, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Your promo is cool, Leighanners!

Welcome back, Haliyah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
          .:Hi, folks! Hope I didn't crash-land on anybody!

.: God, it's been ages, hasn't it? It seems like forever since I was last here! I trust you're all doing well without my powerful and beatific presence? ;P

.:I've missed, like, thirty pages of glorious thunkdunkery, so to reply to what I remember: good luck with eye surgery and dreams, nice graphics, too bad about Scotty, I'm not even going to bother Photoshopping an S3 cover now, congrats on the film role, happy birthday, it's okay Caz, we're here for you, nice fanfiction, and I'm so in on the Secret Santa!
          hey, she lives *lol* welcome back!

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
          Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Wow, another burst of activity while I was away! I got to visit and hold my friend's new baby this weekend. Such a cute little guy! Big blue eyes and red hair already coming in. I haven't been around babies much since my brother was born twenty years ago, so it was a bit new, but lots of fun and I can't wait to see him grow up.

Anyway, had to get the gushing about the baby out of the way. Back to the thread!

(((((Haliyah)))))!!!! Welcome back! Nice to see you again! And I do love the rapid-fire summing up of all the recent posts! lol Well done.

Ooh, count me in on the Secret Santa! We do a gift exchange on one of my other groups (though there everybody gets everybody else something since there's just 10 of us), and it's a blast with everyone being spread across the world. I'll send you a PM (send you a Paul McGillion? ) shortly.

Way to go on the 4.0, beaugarcon! I held onto mine for the first year or so, but couldn't keep it up once I got into the chemistry classes. Good on ya!

Though, I rather enjoy Twinny's giant multi-quotes. >w< It shows how much she actually cares about what we say. It's beautiful.
            Amen. I do love reading through those and seeing the time taken to answer everyone.

Oh, if anyone's in Texas and can swing by Seaworld, San Antonio, before Halloween, check out their haunted forest thing they do. We went this weekend and the entrance to it is a Stargate with Jaffa mannequins around it! They even play the SG-1 soundtrack as you walk through. Frakkin' awesome. (They were using the BSG soundtrack inside at one point too. I swear I must have looked crazy grabbing my brother's arm in the middle of the misty woods and yelling "Galactica!", completely distracted from the zombies stalking toward us. )

I hope everyone's doing well! Best wishes to any of you having rough times, congrats to those in good times, and general wishes of Beckett-love to everyone!

Seti

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
              I'll send you a PM (send you a Paul McGillion? ) shortly.
              OOh, send me a Paul McGillion too! That would be the best Christmas present ever.

Oh, if anyone's in Texas and can swing by Seaworld, San Antonio, before Halloween, check out their haunted forest thing they do. We went this weekend and the entrance to it is a Stargate with Jaffa mannequins around it! They even play the SG-1 soundtrack as you walk through.
              That is so cool!!! Makes me wish I was closer to Texas.

And leighanners, here's a little more holiday spirit for you:

Comment

Woohoo! I'm getting a Paul McGillion! LOL! I wish I could make it down to SA to SeaWorld. :/ If only my sister was still at UTSA I'd probably be able to. Sounds interesting. And thanks TJ! Haha!

Comment

booooooooring... and second page pull

Spoiler:

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
                    booooooooring... and second page pull

Spoiler:
                    Guh... Can't... stop... staring...

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
                      Guh... Can't... stop... staring...
                      easy girl just breathe.. in and out... in and out *lol*

Spoiler:

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Spoiler:
                        ack! I don't think you're helping!!
                        *THUNK*

In OT news/rant....
                        Spoiler:
                        I have discovered that it's about as hard to get world series tickets as it is to get rodney to eat a lemon... The Rockies weren't expecting so many people to be online and their server couldn't handle the traffic and went down. It finally come online this afternoon, yet, ever since I've been stuck on a "waiting" page because they only allow a certain number of people in to buy tickets at one time, so it keeps refreshing until a spot it open for you. Grr... they need to come up with a better more efficent way to sell these tickets. By the time I actually will get in they are going to be sold out *sigh*.
                        Oh well, at least I tried.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Spoiler:
                          He's just adorable. So adorable, it seems nothing short of criminal that they offed him.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                            ack! I don't think you're helping!!
                            *THUNK*

In OT news/rant....
                            Spoiler:
                            I have discovered that it's about as hard to get world series tickets as it is to get rodney to eat a lemon... The Rockies weren't expecting so many people to be online and their server couldn't handle the traffic and went down. It finally come online this afternoon, yet, ever since I've been stuck on a "waiting" page because they only allow a certain number of people in to buy tickets at one time, so it keeps refreshing until a spot it open for you. Grr... they need to come up with a better more efficent way to sell these tickets. By the time I actually will get in they are going to be sold out *sigh*.
                            Oh well, at least I tried.
                            oh I'm not? *lol* sorry then...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            hope you got a ticket after all

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Wow! I couldn't get on to Gateworld yesterday and I missed so much!

Originally posted by beaugarcon View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              So, it was my birthday yesterday...man, I have not been in the gutter ina long time...I blame school. Getting a 4.0 is hard work!
                              Happy Belated Birthday beuagarcon!

Congrats on the 4.0!

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
                              hey guys! long time since I came to the gutter (or the internet for that matter). I just thought I would say hi...and that season 4 is bland so far without any carson. so sad.

off topic
                              Spoiler:
                              I got the part in the indie film! I am so happy. It is the part I wanted too
                              Congrats on the part!

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                              For anyone who was curious, here's the first version of the sig I was thinking about making with those caps of the cast with their ears/mouth covered:
                              Oh that is fantastic!

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                              I was bored, can't you tell? Haha. Thought I'd do a little promoting.

Spoiler:
                              For Under-Wraps please PM me your name, address, interests (up to 3), whether or not you would want an international buddy, and an email address you would like me to contact you at. I will take entries until November 1st, maybe later depending on how my life goes this next week and a half. I will then contact you for the buddy selection process within the week following so you have enough time to plan and get ideas on what you would like to give for a gift. Questions? PM me.

NOTE: I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas, and "Secret Santa" kind of stems from that, but this is open to everyone who wants to participate regardless religion and of what they celebrate.
                              I would like to participate! What is a PM because all I can think of is Paul McGillion when I see PM.

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                              Oh, if anyone's in Texas and can swing by Seaworld, San Antonio, before Halloween, check out their haunted forest thing they do. We went this weekend and the entrance to it is a Stargate with Jaffa mannequins around it! They even play the SG-1 soundtrack as you walk through. Frakkin' awesome. (They were using the BSG soundtrack inside at one point too. I swear I must have looked crazy grabbing my brother's arm in the middle of the misty woods and yelling "Galactica!", completely distracted from the zombies stalking toward us. )

I hope everyone's doing well! Best wishes to any of you having rough times, congrats to those in good times, and general wishes of Beckett-love to everyone!

Seti
                              That's awesome that they have it set up as a Stargate!
                              sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

oh I'm not? *lol* sorry then...

Spoiler:
                                no... not at all *faints*

Spoiler:
                                hope you got a ticket after all
                                Well... about that
                                Spoiler:
                                They really did have a major problem! I guess the ENTIRE network that sells tickets for Major Leauge Baseball went down after 8.5 million hits this morning . Affected all of north america. Out of close to 150,000 seats to sell for all three games here in colorado less than 500 tickets where sold. So... they are going to announce sometime soon how to get tickets. I've still got a chance! Yay!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Working...
                                X