Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Thanks for putting up the pink/red one as well, idlewild! I'm glad to have found two companions who also prefer the pink/red one over the blue. When I asked my Twinchy, she opted for the other choice. Now I'm really looking forward to who's going to win on the front of which one will later be the cover art for out DVD box. (There is no way I'm gonna leave the cover on the box where Beckett is excluded. That is such a shame, especially in the light of his "expulsion" after episode 17.)

I see your point about there not being anything to balance the red background, in fact it was exactly why my sister liked the blue background better. But it still gives me a more humble impression than the other.

I really marvel at the time you must have put into creating this. How many hours did you now spend on this season three conver art of greatness?
    Haha, I could do a bg with half of it pink and half of it blue for you and your Twinchy, that might look kinda weird though.

I've been thinking about how to apply it to the front of the box. My first idea was to just glue it on. But now I'm considering coming up with a matching spine and back graphic to make a wraparound, like a dust cover for a book. You put it on and secure the ends on the inside with a little bit of tape. So, that might solve your problem as well, go one month with the blue, one month with the pink/red

Um.... all said, probably close to 12 hours, . I spent a few hours a couple days ago cutting out the images of the team and the stargate and the sky/sea bg, then yesterday I took all afternoon and well into the evening to work on it.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
      Haha, I could do a bg with half of it pink and half of it blue for you and your Twinchy, that might look kinda weird though.
      Brilliant idea, idlewild! Everybody will look at it and think we're nuts (not that this would be an all too different sentiment from what they think now... )

I've been thinking about how to apply it to the front of the box. My first idea was to just glue it on. But now I'm considering coming up with a matching spine and back graphic to make a wraparound, like a dust cover for a book. You put it on and secure the ends on the inside with a little bit of tape. So, that might solve your problem as well, go one month with the blue, one month with the pink/red
      The dust cover was also my idea how to make it stick to the box but without the tape to keep it in place. If you leave it long enough around the edges, it should hold while the box is closed and after I've opened it, I can readjust it again.

But instead of exchanging the covers on a regular basis I thought of printing the one on the wrapping as the front cover and putting the other on the back. That's a compromise we can both live with.

Now for the next round of pics!

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Just dropping by to say hey! I really do intend to get back into a regular posting habit, I've just been spending a lot of time over at LJ and avoiding too many spoilers and things. I don't know, there's something about this particular season of Atlantis that seems very off to me. It's really not like it used to be and it's irking me a little bit. I am enjoying this, for the most part so far, I think. Though, I'm sure I'll get over all of that around episode 18 and 19. *grins*

Anyway, that's not why I'm dropping by now

*hugs*

Great season 3 cover idlewild!! It might be worth printing it and slipping it over the current cover. I absolutely can't stand it. Typically I don't put a lot of stock into things like that. Afterall, it's the episodes I'm after, not the cover. In this case though .... Anyway, that's all been said and done.

And a cap for good measure

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I'm really happy to see you over again, cshawzye! I know how you feel about season four and the spoilers but don't worry, everything spoilery is safely in spoiler tags. Your irkiness about this season is also very understandable. I haven't seen the first ep yet (not even managed to watch the eps of season three past Sunday) but I really don't know if I can get used to Stargate without Beckett to look forward to.

Nothing against Jewel Staite and I know almost nothing about the character of Keller but I honestly don't know whether I can stand seeing her in the role as CMO. That's just not right! I'm painfully aware that it is unfair towards her and her character but I can't help it. Everytime I see her in the Atlantis uniform, I get worked up and think she shouldn't be there. Giving her a chance is really hard when you feel like that.

Don't let me get into this again and instead bribe you to come back more regularly with a few of your favourite pics.

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
            Spoiler:
            maybe a little bird tells and shows me the whole ep
            I sent a PM

Comment

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I'm really happy to see you over again, cshawzye! I know how you feel about season four and the spoilers but don't worry, everything spoilery is safely in spoiler tags. Your irkiness about this season is also very understandable. I haven't seen the first ep yet (not even managed to watch the eps of season three past Sunday) but I really don't know if I can get used to Stargate without Beckett to look forward to.

Nothing against Jewel Staite and I know almost nothing about the character of Keller but I honestly don't know whether I can stand seeing her in the role as CMO. That's just not right! I'm painfully aware that it is unfair towards her and her character but I can't help it. Everytime I see her in the Atlantis uniform, I get worked up and think she shouldn't be there. Giving her a chance is really hard when you feel like that.

Don't let me get into this again and instead bribe you to come back more regularly with a few of your favourite pics.
              I don't have anything against her either, but her character seemed a little flat in the first episode. Unlike Carson who in the first episode really popped. He had a life about him, her's not so much. Hopefully her character will develop more, for the sake of the show, cause it'd be awfully dreadful to have to deal with that the whole season. But my heart will always lie with Carson.
              Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Brilliant idea, idlewild! Everybody will look at it and think we're nuts (not that this would be an all too different sentiment from what they think now... )

The dust cover was also my idea how to make it stick to the box but without the tape to keep it in place. If you leave it long enough around the edges, it should hold while the box is closed and after I've opened it, I can readjust it again.

But instead of exchanging the covers on a regular basis I thought of printing the one on the wrapping as the front cover and putting the other on the back. That's a compromise we can both live with.

Hey, I like the idea of doing one on the front and one of the back. Genius!! lol.

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                Great season 3 cover idlewild!! It might be worth printing it and slipping it over the current cover. I absolutely can't stand it. Typically I don't put a lot of stock into things like that. Afterall, it's the episodes I'm after, not the cover. In this case though .... Anyway, that's all been said and done.
                Haha, thanks!!
                I'm kinda like you, normally I don't care either, but..... the art was just so ugly. I can't help but grimace when I see it, so.... it had to go bye-bye

Kinda one little thing to say after watching Adrift, if I were to sum up Keller in one word it would be flat. It's not the fact that she's replacing our dear Carson, but it's that even if they where on the show together, she would be 2D compared to Carson's 3D character. Get what I'm saying?? Who knows, maybe they'll have some character development for her later on, but still... she just seems so, blah. Not to mention another generic american accent *cries*

Okay, I got myself all worked up again, I shall add to Twinny greats caps to make myself feel better

How 'bout a little Duet

Spoiler:

and last but not least.... that wonderful smile! *thunk*

And now, it's time for bed for me!! My dad wants me to get my brothers up... ugh, not cool cuz they get up before me, so that means I gotta get up earlier than normal. They are flippin old enough to get themselves up, lazy bums. *mutters*

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                  I don't have anything against her either, but her character seemed a little flat in the first episode. Unlike Carson who in the first episode really popped. He had a life about him, her's not so much. Hopefully her character will develop more, for the sake of the show, cause it'd be awfully dreadful to have to deal with that the whole season. But my heart will always lie with Carson.
                  K, don't mean to double post but.... that's kinda creepy. You posted while I was busy typing mine up (and fetching image urls).... and well, we both wrote almost the exact same thing about Keller. Weird.

Guess great minds think alike!!

Comment

K, don't mean to double post but.... that's kinda creepy. You posted while I was busy typing mine up (and fetching image urls).... and well, we both wrote almost the exact same thing about Keller. Weird.

Guess great minds think alike!!
                    Wow...that's creepy! Haha...but she is. Carson was very 3D. And if you compare the two, Carson makes her look like she has the personality of a rock. I'm playing in PS again...can you tell? I'm gonna see if I can't come up with some goodies...anyone need anything?

Comment

You know, you're the first person to actually like the pink over the blue!! Lol, I showed it to my sister, she picked the blue. Showed it to some art friends, they picked the blue. Showed it to one of my best friends, she picked the blue.
                      So, for the heck of it, I went ahead and uploaded the pink on as well. Now, ya'll can take your pick. I, personally, like the pink better as well, but the reason I changed it was that there wasn't anything else "pink/red" in the rest of the graphic to balance it.
                      Spoiler:

And, of course.... I love the PtW pictures. This one especially

He's so dreamy..... *sigh* *thunk*
                      I gotta say that now having seen both the cover with the pink and the one with the blue...I like the one with the pink better. It's the slight contrast with the rest of the graphics...helps it to pop.

But both are fantastic, no matter which color.

[QUOTE=leighanners;7172808]OTness
                      Spoiler:
                      phynyxoffyre Don't worry about it. I'm actively soliciting peoples thoughts on this. First time it's really ever happened to me. The kicker is that he started everything and then was like wait, not yet. Now I'm sitting here feeling stupid for letting my feelings get involved, because I'm still dumb founded by the whole situation and what actually happened. It's like it's not real, but it is. And I'm not waiting...I just haven't found anyone else that isn't a psycho stalker.
                      [QUOTE]

Spoiler:
                      Don't feel bad! Believe me, I know what it's like to have something happen to you that doesn't seem real. It makes things feel out of sorts, which doesn't help.

And don't worry, you'll find someone. I'm almost 29, and I've been in no hurry to find someone. Sometimes, yes, being single gets to me, but I figure it'll happen when it happens.

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
                      Today was a good day...had the day off and my copy of ADB came in the mail. Watch it...luved it...is it me or does Paul have the sexiest bluest eyes on a man. Sorry but I don't get tired of looking at him.

Does anyone know if our guy has confirmed an appearance at FedCon Dallas 2008. I want to buy my ticket now, but a little reluctant, especially if Paul can't make it. I just bought a new digital camera just for this event. Spent most of the day trying to work the darn thing.

Hugs and kisses to everyone...
                      Would love to know the answer to that question too! I can get to Texas! I'll see what I can find out tomorrow...er, later on today, if someone hasn't by the time I get back online.
                      sigpic

Hurrah for a Fifth Season of Stargate: Atlantis!

Comment

Wow...that's creepy! Haha...but she is. Carson was very 3D. And if you compare the two, Carson makes her look like she has the personality of a rock. I'm playing in PS again...can you tell? I'm gonna see if I can't come up with some goodies...anyone need anything?
                        Double post..sorry.

But hey...would you be willing to make me a banner? (I think that's what it's called. So not good with computer terminology!)

I'd love to have a banner with Beckett and McKay to use in my posts and my Photoshop skills stop at adding text and resizing photos.
                        sigpic

Comment

I already have that one made. But I can come up with another one if you have an idea of what you want. Like pictures...I don't have a lot of Rodney

Comment

I'm really happy to see you over again, cshawzye! I know how you feel about season four and the spoilers but don't worry, everything spoilery is safely in spoiler tags. Your irkiness about this season is also very understandable. I haven't seen the first ep yet (not even managed to watch the eps of season three past Sunday) but I really don't know if I can get used to Stargate without Beckett to look forward to.
                            Yay! Thanks for the welcome back.

And yeah, there's definitely a sore spot without Beckett. The infirmary seems so lifeless and the opening credits. There's a big gaping hole!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Instinct7.jpg
                            Great caps, as always. Glad to see that the great things never change!

As for JS, I know what you mean. It's nothing against her at all, and really in the end I think she did an ok job with what she was given in the episode.

It's just when I watch it I can't help comparing her performance, and my reaction to it, to what I imagine might have come out of Paul had he been the one in charge. In the end, there's just no comparison.

Without spoiling anything, I think had it been Carson/Paul in the infirmary in "Adrift" I would've had so much more of an emotional attachment to the entire situation. It's really nothing against JS, at all. She just doesn't have the connections that Paul had. Carson was in Atlantis fighting with and for the team from the start. We've seen him at high points and low points and we watched as he grew with friends and expedition mates. Having him in the infirmary fighting for people's lives was always so powerful. Thanks, in part to Paul's amazing acting skills, but also to the connection that the character (and actor) had made to those around him. Having this background, especially in an episode like "Adrift," would've been a major asset. In the end, for me at least, the connection just wasn't there.

Ditto with my heart lying with Carson.

I agree that the character was a little flat, but I also think that the performance was slightly awkward. There were points when she was dealing with Sheppard that I cringed a little because of the awkwardness I felt in the situation. And again, I really think that's a sign of her lack of connection to the other characters. She's got no background with anyone and in a time and an episode like "Adrift," where some kind of connection would've been such an asset, the glaring lack of one was a real hindrance. IMO, anyway.

[/FONT]
                            Haha, thanks!!
                            I'm kinda like you, normally I don't care either, but..... the art was just so ugly. I can't help but grimace when I see it, so.... it had to go bye-bye
                            hehe ... I know. It's so cringe-worthy. The day I bought the set I also picked up the Numb3rs s3 set. Normally I'd have put the Atlantis boxed set on the top and walked around proudly displaying the set. But with that artwork I just couldn't do it. So Numb3rs on the top it was .... Yeah, I'm insane.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

HEY cshawzye!!!! Did I miss you coming back? I don't remember...although I've just started frequenting again myself. Hmm...HI! haha!

Comment

I already have that one made. But I can come up with another one if you have an idea of what you want. Like pictures...I don't have a lot of Rodney
                                Idlewild posted a few photos from Duet a little further up this page. There's one of Beckett and McKay in front of a computer screen. If it's not a problem, I like that picture, with whatever phrase comes to mind when you look at it. (Funny, is good. )

If it's too much work, I like the one you have too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X