Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Oh, you've worked on the graphic! That is very cool. I'm no expert but I have to admit though that I kind of liked the reddish background within the Stargate better because it provided some kind of shadowy sunset feeling if you know what I mean. The blue background looks more like the real Stargate Atlantis covers because they are not too colourful to begin with but I think it makes the cover art look cooler, colder, icier in a way. It makes the characters in front of the gate look more "edgy" while the reddish background was softer and gave the impression of deep shadows but at the same time implied warmth and a haven of sorts.

No offense though, I really admire what you did with the cover art, be it the first or the second!
    You know, you're the first person to actually like the pink over the blue!! Lol, I showed it to my sister, she picked the blue. Showed it to some art friends, they picked the blue. Showed it to one of my best friends, she picked the blue.
    So, for the heck of it, I went ahead and uploaded the pink on as well. Now, ya'll can take your pick. I, personally, like the pink better as well, but the reason I changed it was that there wasn't anything else "pink/red" in the rest of the graphic to balance it.
    Spoiler:

And, of course.... I love the PtW pictures. This one especially

He's so dreamy..... *sigh* *thunk*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by phibi View Post
      Spoiler:

And a little off topic.. I've seen some scenes from Doppelganger... I'm pretty sure, I'll love that ep to bits *lol*
      Spoiler:
      The temptation is big, to watch the whole episode!!

Comment

idlewild Great artwork!

OTness
        Spoiler:
        phynyxoffyre Don't worry about it. I'm actively soliciting peoples thoughts on this. First time it's really ever happened to me. The kicker is that he started everything and then was like wait, not yet. Now I'm sitting here feeling stupid for letting my feelings get involved, because I'm still dumb founded by the whole situation and what actually happened. It's like it's not real, but it is. And I'm not waiting...I just haven't found anyone else that isn't a psycho stalker.

twinchaosblade Why would anyone want to think of "kirking" when he got you, you ask? That's a good question...one that no one knows the answer to...

More pretties:

mMmMm...pretty...
        Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyJ View Post
          Spoiler:
          Yes...yes it is...but I will wait! I think...

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
            Yes...yes it is...but I will wait! I think...
            I couldn't wait anymore It's so cool.... But there is something sad in it... But it's too spoilery.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              maybe a little bird tells and shows me the whole ep

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

I couldn't wait anymore It's so cool.... But there is something sad in it... But it's too spoilery.
                OoOoO! Well I can't wait to see it then! Sounds exciting! But I'm still waiting...haha!

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                  You know, you're the first person to actually like the pink over the blue!! Lol, I showed it to my sister, she picked the blue. Showed it to some art friends, they picked the blue. Showed it to one of my best friends, she picked the blue.
                  So, for the heck of it, I went ahead and uploaded the pink on as well. Now, ya'll can take your pick. I, personally, like the pink better as well, but the reason I changed it was that there wasn't anything else "pink/red" in the rest of the graphic to balance it.
                  Spoiler:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p160/twinchaosblade/Beckett/Season1/07%20PoisoningWell/PoisoningtheWell3.jpg[/IMG]
                  idlewild I think I like the pink/red one too. Although it's really hard to pick. Great job. I could never do that, and I love that Carson is there too.

And I was just thinking when I saw that pic from PtW, that THAT one is actually my favorite.
                  Great minds think alike.

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Paul has moved to #8 in the Hey Nielsen personalities ranking..

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

brillant news just wish it was next tuesday so can see first espiode-it's on youtube but it soooo hard not to watch it
                      sigpic

Comment

Today was a good day...had the day off and my copy of ADB came in the mail. Watch it...luved it...is it me or does Paul have the sexiest bluest eyes on a man. Sorry but I don't get tired of looking at him.

Does anyone know if our guy has confirmed an appearance at FedCon Dallas 2008. I want to buy my ticket now, but a little reluctant, especially if Paul can't make it. I just bought a new digital camera just for this event. Spent most of the day trying to work the darn thing.

Hugs and kisses to everyone...
                        PJumper42

Comment

Prion posted this reminder of an upcoming Slice of SciFi interview with Paul airing this Saturday, Oct 6, 2007.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post
                            Today was a good day...had the day off and my copy of ADB came in the mail. Watch it...luved it...is it me or does Paul have the sexiest bluest eyes on a man. Sorry but I don't get tired of looking at him.

Neither do I. *hugs* back

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

nor do I

wish I could see ADB but not out in the uk yet grrrrr sometimes hate living here
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ngtheWell3.jpg
                                Thanks for putting up the pink/red one as well, idlewild! I'm glad to have found two companions who also prefer the pink/red one over the blue. When I asked my Twinchy, she opted for the other choice. Now I'm really looking forward to who's going to win on the front of which one will later be the cover art for out DVD box. (There is no way I'm gonna leave the cover on the box where Beckett is excluded. That is such a shame, especially in the light of his "expulsion" after episode 17.)

I see your point about there not being anything to balance the red background, in fact it was exactly why my sister liked the blue background better. But it still gives me a more humble impression than the other.

I really marvel at the time you must have put into creating this. How many hours did you now spend on this season three conver art of greatness?

What a great set of caps, leighanners! The second and last are two of my absolute favourites. I always melt away when I see the incredibly blue eyes of the second pic.

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                Very well done! I hope he'll get even more votes, he deserves that. I'd vote for him too but I don't want to register. I don't like to give away my data for things like that.

Originally posted by PJumper42 View Post

Does anyone know if our guy has confirmed an appearance at FedCon Dallas 2008. I want to buy my ticket now, but a little reluctant, especially if Paul can't make it. I just bought a new digital camera just for this event. Spent most of the day trying to work the darn thing.

Glad to see you back, PJ!
                                I can see why today was a good day for you. I'm also dying to see ADB but I'm afraid I still have to be patient for a bit. I do have a region-free DVD player, so I luckily don't have to wait for a European release.

And I totally agree on the blue eyes. There is only one other person I know who has equally blue eyes, Terence Hill. (Yeah, I'm a Spencer/Hill fan as well. The movies are hilarious for the most part! ) PM's shining blue eyes are really stunning. I got a first hand impression on that when I met him in Germany at FedCon. So it's obviously not only the lighting in the Studios...

I'd also love to know whether he's planning to make an appearance at FedCon in Dallas next year because I'm already loosely considering to come over to ComicCon next year. Before or after that I'd like to visit a few friends of mine in Canada and Minnesota. So maybe there's also room to attend FedCon USA?

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                Prion posted this reminder of an upcoming Slice of SciFi interview with Paul airing this Saturday, Oct 6, 2007.
                                Very good to know. Thank you for pointing that out, watcher! Let's see what he has to tell.

After leighanners' brilliant example, here are some pics...

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X