Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
    How's Creation Con so far TJ?
    Not bad, not bad ... look who joined us for breakfast this morning!

He's looking GOOOOOOD! WOW, even better up close, let me tell you. My son & I saved the seat right in between us for when he came around to our table, and he was so nice! My kid was wearing his "Save Carson" shirt, and Paul immediately leaned over and rumpled his hair and said, "Hey, it's the Save Carson dude!" My not-so-shy son then practically climbed into his lap to give him a hug. LOL! He was really sweet, though - didn't seem to mind. (Thank goodness my kid is still small enough to be cute. I'd probably get arrested if I tried that. )

I'm decked out in tartan plaid, so he of course commented on that, and we chatted a bit about Scottish heritage ... he talked about being descended from Kenneth McAlpine, the first King of Scotland, and I'm a descendant of William Wallace (hence the briliant red plaid)!

But the coolest part is when he asked our names, and I said I was Save Carson's "other TJ" - he knew who I was! "Oh, YOU'RE the other TJ!" I guess he remembered that autograph you got for me, TJ. (Although I did point out that, by rights, TJuk should be the "other" TJ ... I came first! )

He thanked us profusely for all the work we've done on the campaign, and he said he'd be talking some more about that during his stage appearance later. I can't wait!

And can I just repeat how great he looks up close? Wow.

Oh, and I got a hug & kiss when he got up to leave.

I'm going to go float away now.

Comment

Oh, that's just great TJinLOCA A hug and a kiss? I envy you

He really sounds nice and all, I wish I'd meet him one day. *sigh*

Say hi to him from us thunkers in Gateworld will ya? And tell him that not only people from America or Great Britain are fans of him, but from round the globe as well. Like me lol

Oh, I forgot to post a thunk

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post

Spoiler:
        Ok, to tell you the truth, I couldn't understand her answer, because she made no sense to me. Sth about Africa....what in the world did she mean by that?
        LOL, thats the point. She made NO sense and didn't even answer the question. LOL

Originally posted by erb View Post
        Thanks, Jenner, for the pageant spoiler! An example of beauty, and of a particular kind, being the "all" for too many.
        Exactly. After seeing it I thanked God I was smart........

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
        Not bad, not bad ... look who joined us for breakfast this morning!

Spoiler:

He's looking GOOOOOOD!

WOW, even better up close, let me tell you. My son & I saved the seat right in between us for when he came around to our table, and he was so nice! My kid was wearing his "Save Carson" shirt, and Paul immediately leaned over and rumpled his hair and said, "Hey, it's the Save Carson dude!" My not-so-shy son then practically climbed into his lap to give him a hug. LOL! He was really sweet, though - didn't seem to mind. (Thank goodness my kid is still small enough to be cute. I'd probably get arrested if I tried that. )

I'm decked out in tartan plaid, so he of course commented on that, and we chatted a bit about Scottish heritage ... he talked about being descended from Kenneth McAlpine, the first King of Scotland, and I'm a descendant of William Wallace (hence the briliant red plaid)!

But the coolest part is when he asked our names, and I said I was Save Carson's "other TJ" - he knew who I was! "Oh, YOU'RE the other TJ!" I guess he remembered that autograph you got for me, TJ. (Although I did point out that, by rights, TJuk should be the "other" TJ ... I came first! )

He thanked us profusely for all the work we've done on the campaign, and he said he'd be talking some more about that during his stage appearance later. I can't wait!

And can I just repeat how great he looks up close? Wow.
        Spoiler:

Oh, and I got a hug & kiss when he got up to leave.

I'm going to go float away now.
        I can't wait to see photos of Paul and your kiddie. He is sooo darn adorable, I bet it will be the cutest photo ever. And I can SO see him just giving Paul a hug Same with you in your photo. I've seen what you're wearing and I CAN'T WAIT! And smart move saving that seat, hahahha, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right???

sigpic
        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
          And smart move saving that seat, hahahha, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right???
          Hey, I was a commando at saving that seat ... the hotel people kept trying to seat someone else at our table (it was pretty crowded) and I was INSISTENT that THAT SEAT WAS NOT AVAILABLE!

I figured since everyone had done that to me the night before at the dessert function, I didn't feel too bad doing the same thing (I mean, HEY, I got there an hour early this morning just to get a good seat, for heaven's sake!!)

Blurry crowd shot from three feet away ... (they wouldn't let us use flash photography after they left the stage):

Comment

*Moment of extreme jealousy, but also big happiness, for TJinLoca and her son.* That's absolutely awesome, TJ! Well done saving that seat! Fandom does demand a certain amount of stubborn dedication. Love your son's not-so-shy greeting too! He sounds adorable. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures and story with us! What a lovely way to start the day. Can't wait to hear about his stage appearance! *Begins planning whatever ways possible I could make it to a con next year.*

idlewild, I'd be happy to beta your fic if you want. Just PM or e-mail it to me (is my addy up anywhere?) and I'd love to read it!

Doing the math, I guess Paul would've had to be a pretty young dad to be my father, but it's still a bigger age gap than I'd like.

That pic of him running his hand through his hair is just gorgeous. Love the interview too. Good for you, Jenner, getting mentioned!

My Stargate moment of the day: My brother and I stayed over at our dad's house last night, which is in a gated community. When my mom swung by to pick us up today, she called me first to ask for the gatecode. Should've asked for her IDC. lol

Seti

Comment

So jealous TJ, but I'm super excited for you and glad you're having a great time!
              Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

What a great story TJinLOCA - it sounds like you're having a wonderful time. It's lovely to hear all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
                  Welcome to the thread Erb

I see we have a lot of "older" people round here. Nice.

And I thought I was weird, because I like a guy 15 years older then me, but since I found out that some of the "girls" here are so young, that Paul could be their father, it doesn't bother me any more.

Well, I'm a guy If that makes you feel any better

And TJ, can you say JEALOUS?! He better show up around me again, or I'll blow a fuse!
                  My blog sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beaugarcon View Post

And TJ, can you say JEALOUS?! He better show up around me again, or I'll blow a fuse!
                    Sorry, lol, didn't mean anything bad with that word.

PS: I reached 300 posts, can I have my Carson clone now, please?
                    Last edited by *Oda*; 26 August 2007, 12:33 PM.
                    "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

I love reading his interviews...he is so cool =P
                      .:And so adorably grammatically inept!

.:OMG YAY, another male Paul thunker! Eeek! We've gone and lost our other.

.:If he's going to be at FedCon USA next year, I'm going. Hopefully on a bike. WHOO ROADTRIP. Maybe I'll catch a rally on the way down or back up...
                      .:@ TJinLOCA: Eeek, I'm so glad you're having a good time! I wanted to go so badly, but, well, hey.

.:@ HyperCaz: LeGASP! The thunking demon is back! <3 STOP LEAVING. You're not allowed.

.:WELCOME to all our lovely new Thunkers!

Comment

oh, SGF sounds interesting (even if Paul wasnt in it).....but I really need to see that now...and ADB
                        Last edited by penguininablender; 26 August 2007, 01:13 PM. Reason: I type like a drunkard

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                        hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                        OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

I'm not the only guy thunker, am I? That'd be weird...
                          My blog sigpic

Comment

I'm not the only guy thunker, am I? That'd be weird...

.:Uh, presently? Yes, yes you are.

Comment

Hahaha, I feel all special now
                              My blog sigpic

Comment

No, we have a few. Some are outed, some just lurk. We had a few who were pretty open but have been MIA lately.

But you are the only one currently active and open at this present time.

sigpic
                                www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                                Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Working...
                                X