• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
    <snip>

Haliyah:
    Spoiler:
    This are the scholarship for the air force. Both of them. The problem is, I don't know if we can just move on to some different career. I don't think it works this way here.
    I really, really want to become a pilot. But i can apply for an engineer only this year, because there probably won't be a scholarship for that job next year. Scholarships for pilots are available every year, but the competition is high. I don't know...I'm leaning towards engineer, although it's not the career I want, but I think I have more chances getting that one, then the one for pilots. And, in case I don't get the scholarship for an engineer this year, I can always try next year and apply for the pilots. So nothing is lost... But (and it's a big but) if I get the scholarship for an engineer, I get a steady job, I'll probably wonder for the rest of my life "What if, I had applied for a pilot's one?"
    I think I managed to confuse my self a bit more with all that writing. If you can get thruogh all that mixture of words and thoughts, you're good.

<snip>
    .:O_o

Spoiler:
    .:Hokay. You're moving to Canada. Right now. You do NOT need scholarships to get into our air force, and you can start off as an Aviation Technician with a tenth grade Academic-level math credit. The requirements for becoming a pilot vary somewhat, depending on what and where you want to fly, but as long as you do well in high school (and, you know, do well in the obvious areas, like fitness), the government'll pay for all your post-secondary schooling in exchange for five years of service. You can also switch jobs after a while, so you'd be able to do both. Pilots are generally officers, and ATs are usually NCMs (Non-Commissioned Officers).

Originally posted by beaugarcon View Post
    I'm -6! Yay for Michigan! ....I hate this place
    .:LOL. That's the only state I've been to. My family went to Frankenmuth when I was four. xP

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
      .:Hi there! I don't know you! Welcome back! : D *gives pina colada-flavoured Carson Pop*
      Thank you!! Great to be back after being absent for so long.

.:INCORRECT!
      .:He's flying back to Atlantis on "the wings of fan love," courtesy of the very successful Save Carson Beckett campaign. He'll be brought back in episodes eighteen and nineteen of S4, The Kindred, Parts I and II.

.:You must have been gone a long time not to have heard of that!
      OMG! Was I gone that long that I missed that bit of fantastic news!
      *starts jumping up and down and goodness know what*
      Thanks for that tip Haliyah! You've just made my day!

YAY! Our favourite doctor isn't all gone after all.
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial View Post
        Thank you!! Great to be back after being absent for so long.
        .:I hope you find the thread even better than you remember it!

OMG! Was I gone that long that I missed that bit of fantastic news!
        *starts jumping up and down and goodness know what*
        Thanks for that tip Haliyah! You've just made my day!

YAY! Our favourite doctor isn't all gone after all.
        .:I'm glad I was able to make you happy! *glees*

.:Oh, you may find the Save Carson Merchandise (N.A.) (UK) interesting and fun. Oh, and do you like wallpapers? Widescreen or standard?

Comment

Thank you to everyone who've welcome me back so warmly both those I've known before and to all the newbies I'm looking forward to know.

Sunday
          I can sympathise with you regarding not having current access to the recent Atlantis until the DVD arrives instore...I'm in the same boat so I'll keep you company Hope all goes well with your decision on your scholarship.

beaugarcon and Seti Congrats in passing your driving test. Don't mean to sound like a mum (cause I am ) but drive carefully when you're on the road.

twinchaosblade *hugs* great to see you're still here! now that my 3rd baby is 10mths, it gives me a small time to linger back into GW.

It just $ux sometimes that when I'm online, you are all probably asleep or vice versa Unless you guys don't sleep when the sun is still up here in Australia!

See you all again soon.
          My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

.:I hope you find the thread even better than you remember it!
            It certainly is! The more Beckett thunkers, the merrier! The pictures are definitely looking better and to thunk for!

.:Oh, you may find the Save Carson Merchandise (N.A.) (UK) interesting and fun. Oh, and do you like wallpapers? Widescreen or standard?
            Thanks, will do. As for the wallpapers, love them whichever format, though my hubby doesn't exactly appreciate them plastered on the PC I think it makes him a bit insecure seeing the good doctor rather than a family portrait!
            My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Thank you to everyone who've welcome me back so warmly both those I've known before and to all the newbies I'm looking forward to know.
              Welcome back, Celestial!! If you haven't already, be sure to check out Joe Mallozzi's blog for photos & comments on the filming of "The Kindred" (the episode where they bring Beckett back!)

Best pics: July 30, Aug. 8, and of course yesterday's lovely Aug. 20 photo.

O.T.
              Spoiler:
              P.S. I love Captain Jack too! Did you know John Barrowman was born in Scotland? (Have you ever heard him do the accent? It's adorable!)

Comment

twinchaosblade *hugs* great to see you're still here! now that my 3rd baby is 10mths, it gives me a small time to linger back into GW.

It just $ux sometimes that when I'm online, you are all probably asleep or vice versa Unless you guys don't sleep when the sun is still up here in Australia!

See you all again soon.
                Oh, I didn't know you were a third time mom. Dearest belated congrats, Celestial!

As for the wallpapers, love them whichever format, though my hubby doesn't exactly appreciate them plastered on the PC I think it makes him a bit insecure seeing the good doctor rather than a family portrait!

And for everybody loving a few pics before heading off, that can be amended...

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                  Welcome back, Celestial!! If you haven't already, be sure to check out Joe Mallozzi's blog for photos & comments on the filming of "The Kindred" (the episode where they bring Beckett back!)
                  Checking that out as we speak. Thank you for the link.

O.T.
                  Spoiler:
                  P.S. I love Captain Jack too! Did you know John Barrowman was born in Scotland? (Have you ever heard him do the accent? It's adorable!)
                  Spoiler:
                  Isn't Capt. Jack to die for? I knew he was born in Scotland before he moved to America and that he uses the accent in private, but would love to hear him use it though. I bet it's definitely adorable to hear. It'd be nice to hear him use in a Torchwood episode as a sideline sarcastic joke or something since his character has that kind of wit that I can see him doing it.
                  My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                    Oh, I didn't know you were a third time mom. Dearest belated congrats, Celestial!
                    Thank you muchly! It's been tiring now that I have 3 boys all under the age of 6 but well worth it! I kinda feel a little old amongst all the younger thunkers here, I feel even more ancient now after coming back!!

B.T.W. your not related to twinchaosblade 1/2 are you? Rather nice that they'd kept the Rockett going.
                    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

B.T.W. your not related to twinchaosblade 1/2 are you? Rather nice that they'd kept the Rockett going.
                      twinchaosblade 1/2 is my twin sister, hence the same name with 1/2. When we started posting here at GW, we used "my" alias together but soon decided to separate and post on our own.

I've also been posting in the Rockett thread but unfortunately I don't have the time to make up new photo stories at the moment because I'm a bit preoccupied workwise. And posting a few caps in here is much faster than creating a photo story. But don't worry, I already have a few things in mind for the Rockett and in two weeks at the latest I have a bit more free time and hopefully find the time to post a bit more extensively here.

If you want to differentiate between me and my sister, just call me twin or twinny and her twinchy. Those are our 'official' nicknames to make it a bit easier for others...

Let me rejoyce you with some more pics and best wishes to Sydney. Your evening is still young in Australia but I'm afraid I need to get a bit of shut-eye now. See ya around!

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone who wants to know how much the SCB publicity has generated in dollars go here. Its pretty amazing!!!!!

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

.:O_o

Spoiler:
                          .:Hokay. You're moving to Canada. Right now. You do NOT need scholarships to get into our air force, and you can start off as an Aviation Technician with a tenth grade Academic-level math credit. The requirements for becoming a pilot vary somewhat, depending on what and where you want to fly, but as long as you do well in high school (and, you know, do well in the obvious areas, like fitness), the government'll pay for all your post-secondary schooling in exchange for five years of service. You can also switch jobs after a while, so you'd be able to do both. Pilots are generally officers, and ATs are usually NCMs (Non-Commissioned Officers).
                          Spoiler:
                          Maybe I expressed my self wrong. It's not the actually scholarship to go into the army, it's more like you said, the goverment pay's me now to do my schooling and I "repay" them with 5 years of service, it's exactly like that. But here, I can't switch job's like in Canada, I checked. I think I'm leaning towards the pilot's one and my mum agrees with me.

Sunday
                          I can sympathise with you regarding not having current access to the recent Atlantis until the DVD arrives instore...I'm in the same boat so I'll keep you company Hope all goes well with your decision on your scholarship.
                          I'm the one with the scholarship

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
                          twinchaosblade 1/2 is my twin sister, hence the same name with 1/2. When we started posting here at GW, we used "my" alias together but soon decided to separate and post on our own.
                          If you want to differentiate between me and my sister, just call me twin or twinny and her twinchy. Those are our 'official' nicknames to make it a bit easier for others...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...38Minutes9.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...8Minutes18.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...8Minutes52.jpg
                          Twinny I absolutely adore the way he looks in all of the pics (especially the last one).. I just wan't to reach in and hug and squeeze him so tightly... *coughs*. Carson thinks I need to get a grip of myself.
                          "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Whoa, I'm offline a day and there's almost two whole pages of posts! Way to go guys! Guess I'll have to get used to that now that I'm back in school and can't necessarily check the site every few hours.

Okay, long post to catch up on all the conversations I missed. (I'm not joking, I had to make notes to remember posts from the last page. Don't laugh! )

Off-topic stuff first:

Thank you sunday, Oda, twinny, beaugarcon, and Celestial for the congrats on my driving test! And don't worry twinchaosblade, as for my parallel parking, I didn't hit either pole, I was just too far out from the curb because I had to use my stepmom's car. I'm pretty good in my own car (when it's working) and in this town, no one parallel parks anyway, so it shouldn't come up unless I'm travelling. I'm so sorry to hear about your lousy instructor! What a jerk! And I will be careful, Celestial, thank you. No worries about being a mum toward us.

Beaugarcon, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad your test went so well! They took you on the highway? We just did a neighborhood with lots of stops and turns. Getting cut off doesn't even surprise me anymore, it happens so often here. Cool to hear Michigan mentioned. Most of my family's up there. I got to go to Frankenmuth and Greenfield Village while visiting a few years ago.

I'm a -6 timezoner too down in Texas. I've gotten really used to dealing with other timezones since, being a sci-fi fan, the bulk of my friends are spread out across the world. I recently finished a big fan writing project where half of us were in the US and half in England, so we had to work around the 6 hour difference just to have chats. (And, to my embarrassment, I thought Slovenia was east of Italy. I'm usually better about stuff like that.)

Celestial, welcome back, glad to meet you, and CONGRATS on your third son! (Three boys under the age of 6?! You've got your hands full!)

Oda, I really hope you can work out something for your pilot/engineer dilemma. I don't envy you the choice. Whatever you do, I hope it brings you lots of happiness!

Idlewild202, good luck signing up for college classes! We start ours today. I hope some of them are interesting!

Now, back to Carson:

So many great pictures, I'm not even going to bother to comment on them individually and will just say I'm gaping happily at all of them.

Re: white scrubs, yeah, they do look like what patients wear on Atlantis, don't they? That should be interesting. I'm okay with some Beckett-whumping so long as they don't actually kill him again.

If you'll humor the newbie, which episode is that "Lovely. About what?" conversation from? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

99 press mentions?! Awesome! Now, to get some that talk about a return for Beckett in season 5...

Okay, think that covered everything. Phew! Long post! I hope everyone has a good day (or night, depending on your part of the world)! Thank you for all the gorgeous pics of Paul/Carson! What a great treat to get everyday.

Seti

P.S. -- sunday, I love your sig! Crichton looks so great in that picture. I have that quote up on my bulletin board in my room too.

Comment

Originally posted by SETI_fan View Post
                              If you'll humor the newbie, which episode is that "Lovely. About what?" conversation from? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.
                              I think it's from "The Gift" in season 1, the episode in which they find out Teyla's got Wraith DNA in her.

Comment

Ah, there we go. I wanted to see that one when SciFi Channel did a marathon recently, but got mixed up what day it was on and missed it. Will just have to get the DVDs.

Thanks, Jersey!

Seti

Comment

Working...
                                X