• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SciFi_Chick2012 View Post
    Ok goodie! found the thread where people DON'T seem to be bashing Keller
    None of that here. Welcome!

Comment

Hello & Welcome to the thread SciFi Chick.

As Krissie said, no bashing allowed here.

Comment

Hello Sci Fi Chick!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I was starting to get a little discouraged by certain other people on the forum...Which made me sad because ever since I saw Jewel as Kaylee I loved her, and was very very excited when I heard she was coming to Atlantis....

Comment

Don't let the run you off
            sigpic

Comment

We ignore them & continue doing our own thing. Unfortunately there is a lot of spamming of various threads by a small but very vocal minority & I find I have to use the Ignore button (found in My Controls). They are allowed to say what they like about the character unfortunately but nasty comments about Jewel herself is not allowed & should be reported to the Mods.

But enough about them! Got a favourite episode (SGA or Firefly)?

Comment

Yes, here we are. Three cheers for the non-bashers!

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post

But enough about them! Got a favourite episode (SGA or Firefly)?
                  Fave episode? oh dear that will take some thinking! I love them all so dearly!

I do have to say I love "Shindig" (firefly) because of that dress. And because in the end it turned out to be the brainy Kaylee who got all the guys in the room (but then again she's also so adorable, who could resist? ^^)

Now, is it just me or are there certain similarities between the characters of Kaylee and Jennifer? Besides the obvious, I mean

Comment

have you gone over to the Firefly threads yet?
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        oh yes, that's the one

I haven't been over to the firefly threads yet but am definitely planning on checking them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                          Thank you Road

A lot of us are using this sig that Krissie678 made.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3078/...77954a66_o.jpg

Yep. I'm thinking of making another one that everyone can use, just have to find the time.

Comment

I think there are certainly enough similarities between the two as to puzzle me as to why some folk can like the one but not the other - both excel at their chosen specialty, neither are physically brave, both are kind and can get on with all members of a team (despite the perhaps abrasive nature of some of those members - thinking Jayne & mcKay)

I thought the biggest dissimilarity between them is that Kaylee is very assured of herself sexually while Jennifer is quite virginal. (Although as a Ronon/Keller shipper I'm hoping that will soon change )

As for my fave episodes - I don't know either! Like you say they are all great I do have a soft spot for Kaylee and her dress though

Comment

I think I have a thing for Jaynestown (that might be the Kaylee/Simon shipper in me) that ep was just so funny
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm both a Kaylee and a Keller fan. But I think they're two very different characters. The smile is the same, but that's just Jewel.

Kaylee sees the bright side of EVERYTHING. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and is a girly-girl at heart. And when she's jonesin' for some lovin' ~ she ain't shy about it (bless her heart).

As much as some fans complain about the episode Missing, Keller shot that dude in the leg. She might've flinched, but I haven't shot anyone lately so I think I may flinch too. Kaylee flinched to the point of requiring a retreat.

Keller has a lot of book-learning and seems more reserved and selective interpersonally (I'm thinking of the 'girl-talk' with Teyla in The Seed) than Kaylee and doesn't go gushing about Inara's/Teyla's dress and love life. Although Keller does want to have a life, though, and I'm looking forward to what could be in store for us on that front. If only b/c folks seem so horrified. *gigglesnort

Remember, I love them both...

Comment

Working...
                                X