Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was covering all the bases.

Comment

Oh I have been enjoying the latest Big Finish release - UNIT Extinction. It's so exciting!! It's set between The Power of Three and The Day of the Doctor. And I have another ship to ship! Osgood and Captain Josh Carter. He's cheeky and charming and she's got a crush but is so shy and awkward that she hasn't a clue what to do about it. It's all so adorable!

What's everyone else been up to?

Comment

Hiya Blen Sounds like you have been caught up in the stories. Always fun to have a new ship.

RL has been a bit crazy here lately, but November and December always seem to be. Can't believe how quickly 2015 is finishing up.
        sigpic

Comment

Challenge #92 was wacky and global holidays.

Raduzhok
          Operating Room Nurse Day

copter

sigpic

Comment

Challenge 93

It's my favorite time of the year! This week, focus your art or fan fic on the Fall or Autumn season, or if you celebrate Thanksgiving, you can do that as well!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday November 23rd.

If you want to sign up for the advent calendar, these are the open dates:
            1. JadedWraith
            3. Rinkrat
            5. RodneyisGodney
            7. Libero
            8. Grace
            9. Rinkrat
            11. RodneyisGodney
            12. Falcon Horus
            13. slizzie1986
            14. bailey1ak
            15. Rinkrat
            17. Jaded Wraith
            19. RodneyisGodney
            20. Libero
            21. Rinkrat
            22. bailey1ak
            24. Rinkrat

Here is the sign up sheet for Secret Santa.

Info sign up sheet for SS
            Spoiler:
            I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              Oh I have been enjoying the latest Big Finish release - UNIT Extinction. It's so exciting!! It's set between The Power of Three and The Day of the Doctor. And I have another ship to ship! Osgood and Captain Josh Carter. He's cheeky and charming and she's got a crush but is so shy and awkward that she hasn't a clue what to do about it. It's all so adorable!

What's everyone else been up to?
              Been up to? Cleaning. Boring! Buttoning up some for winter. We're expecting a colder, wetter winter here and the first "storm" is supposedly coming here soon.

Lovely artwork! Love Margaret from MASH once she finally grew into herself. Plus, Veteran's Day and Adoption Day (month?) both mean a LOT to me.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Pretty artwork everyone!

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                Hiya Blen Sounds like you have been caught up in the stories. Always fun to have a new ship.

RL has been a bit crazy here lately, but November and December always seem to be. Can't believe how quickly 2015 is finishing up.
                The problem with this new ship is that I will have to wait until May for the next installment.

I was having a bit of panic when I realised that Christmas is approaching fast and I have done nothing! I need to get some Christmas shopping done I think.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                Been up to? Cleaning. Boring! Buttoning up some for winter. We're expecting a colder, wetter winter here and the first "storm" is supposedly coming here soon.

Lovely artwork! Love Margaret from MASH once she finally grew into herself. Plus, Veteran's Day and Adoption Day (month?) both mean a LOT to me.
                I hope your storm doesn't do any damage.

Oh I am sick to death of rain. We have had nothing but gale force winds and heavy rain for days.

Comment

Wonderful art!

The problem with this new ship is that I will have to wait until May for the next installment.
                  That is a long time to wait.

I was having a bit of panic when I realised that Christmas is approaching fast and I have done nothing! I need to get some Christmas shopping done I think.
                  I haven't started on Christmas shopping yet either. I need to do that soon I suppose.

I hope your storm doesn't do any damage.

Oh I am sick to death of rain. We have had nothing but gale force winds and heavy rain for days.
                  Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                  We have been doing the rain and wind thing here for a while too. They keep warning of snow, but thankfully we have kept above the freezing mark. Hope your "storm" is kind to you all, Ever. Sounds like you need a break from your weather too, Blen.
                  sigpic

Comment

That is a long time to wait.
                    Big Finish have a lot on at the moment, so presumably they are spreading their audio releases out. But I have plenty of other stuff to keep me happy. I've just started The Confessions of Dorian Gray, which is seriously eerie & creepy. And I'm loving it.

We have been doing the rain and wind thing here for a while too. They keep warning of snow, but thankfully we have kept above the freezing mark. Hope your "storm" is kind to you all, Ever. Sounds like you need a break from your weather too, Blen.
                    I'm going through some holiday brochures for next year. Looking at pictures of Italy in the summer is helping take my mind off the bloody awful weather. I'm not looking forward to taking the dog out later.

I'd love a bit of snow. Just a bit mind you. Enough to make thing pretty. I bet you get sick of it though Bailey.

Comment

Big Finish have a lot on at the moment, so presumably they are spreading their audio releases out. But I have plenty of other stuff to keep me happy. I've just started The Confessions of Dorian Gray, which is seriously eerie & creepy. And I'm loving it.
                      At least you have found something new to occupy your time. I need a new obsession/show/book/series. Maybe after the holidays I'll have to find one.

I'm going through some holiday brochures for next year. Looking at pictures of Italy in the summer is helping take my mind off the bloody awful weather. I'm not looking forward to taking the dog out later.

I'd love a bit of snow. Just a bit mind you. Enough to make thing pretty. I bet you get sick of it though Bailey.
                      My background screen on my computer at work is a bright, sunny beach scene to help get me through the winter.

I do look forward to the snow actually, I just don't look forward to how cold it will get during the deepest part of winter. Each year though, I cross my fingers and hope this will be a warmer year. Maybe one of these winters it will work.

Do you typically get a bit of snow for the winter, Blen? I mean I know it snows there, but does it stick for a bit?...give you a white Christmas at all?... stay around long enough to tire of it?
                      sigpic

Comment

At least you have found something new to occupy your time. I need a new obsession/show/book/series. Maybe after the holidays I'll have to find one.

My background screen on my computer at work is a bright, sunny beach scene to help get me through the winter.

I do look forward to the snow actually, I just don't look forward to how cold it will get during the deepest part of winter. Each year though, I cross my fingers and hope this will be a warmer year. Maybe one of these winters it will work.

Do you typically get a bit of snow for the winter, Blen? I mean I know it snows there, but does it stick for a bit?...give you a white Christmas at all?... stay around long enough to tire of it?
                        No, we don't typically get a white Christmas. It's usually wind and rain. Though we did get a white Christmas a couple of years ago, which was lovely. The more usual time for snow is late January or February. It varies between just getting a few flakes and getting "proper" snow. I think the coldest it's been around where I live was -16C (3F). None of it lasts more than a week or so.

Of course what we are all wishing for is this.

But what we are most likely to get is this...

Last edited by Blencathra; 17 November 2015, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I would like to experience a white Christmas I have never had one. I had a white Christmas eve but it is not the same.

Ever the storms you had hit here where I am around 3am. There is one confirmed small tornado possibly another but no confirmation as of yet. The weather alarm near my house woke me up (kind of annoying but there was a tornado about 5 miles from my neighborhood so...)

Something happened yesterday I am not sure how I feel about it. Mon is the day Trash and Recycling is picked up since it is just me it can usually be 2-3 weeks before I have to put out either or both of the bins. So Sun I put out the recycling bin when I left home Mon morning they had not picked up recycling so I left my bin at the curb. When I got home my recycle bin is in it's normal place in front of my garage... 1) I think I am insulted my arms, nor legs are broken while my back gives me problems I am 100% able to take out and pull up my bins. Or 2) I am feeling a little creeped out I have talked to 1 neighbor mainly just in passing but not well enough that I am going they must have done that so I am going is someone paying close attention to my house? If so why? Should I get my brother to give me one of his guns? If they are comfortable enough to put my bin up while I am not home am I going to come home and find they have broken into my home?
                          Copter said it could have been who ever did it was trying to be nice but why only my bin? there are 3 or 4 houses who when I left home today have still not taken up their bins so why didn't they do that for them? I am probably just being paranoid but it is how I feel and think
                          sigpic

Comment

If you guys want snow I will gladly share. This is what it looks like looking out my front door from about mid December to March.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nope a little light snow on Christmas day that would be all I can handle I hate snow
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                                I would like to experience a white Christmas I have never had one. I had a white Christmas eve but it is not the same.

Ever the storms you had hit here where I am around 3am. There is one confirmed small tornado possibly another but no confirmation as of yet. The weather alarm near my house woke me up (kind of annoying but there was a tornado about 5 miles from my neighborhood so...)

Something happened yesterday I am not sure how I feel about it. Mon is the day Trash and Recycling is picked up since it is just me it can usually be 2-3 weeks before I have to put out either or both of the bins. So Sun I put out the recycling bin when I left home Mon morning they had not picked up recycling so I left my bin at the curb. When I got home my recycle bin is in it's normal place in front of my garage... 1) I think I am insulted my arms, nor legs are broken while my back gives me problems I am 100% able to take out and pull up my bins. Or 2) I am feeling a little creeped out I have talked to 1 neighbor mainly just in passing but not well enough that I am going they must have done that so I am going is someone paying close attention to my house? If so why? Should I get my brother to give me one of his guns? If they are comfortable enough to put my bin up while I am not home am I going to come home and find they have broken into my home?
                                Copter said it could have been who ever did it was trying to be nice but why only my bin? there are 3 or 4 houses who when I left home today have still not taken up their bins so why didn't they do that for them? I am probably just being paranoid but it is how I feel and think
                                Your two stories couldn't be connected could they, DG? In windy weather my bins go walk about (as I live on a windy hill). Sometimes they trundle off down the road by themselves. Other peoples bins don't do that. Just mine. I've seen them... trying to run away. I just wonder if a sudden gust could have blown your bin back to your garage.

I don't think you should worry.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                                If you guys want snow I will gladly share. This is what it looks like looking out my front door from about mid December to March.

]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/mrscopterdoc/snow_zpsjrondd3n.jpg
                                Oh pretty!! I would like some of that just over Christmas. But I bet you do get fed up of it if you have it for months at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X