Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Nika View Post
      Ok I just spent too much time going through all that pic spam.....

Totally distracted myself...I was going to mention that I'm going to check out inkitt.com. They are running a fan fiction contest. I think the prize is a $10 Starbucks card...... wheeeeee???? But I figured I'd see what it was all about. I cleaned up "Nine Months" and submitted it so I'll see how it all works!

Fanfiction.net still seems like the better option though but I'm up for trying trying new.
      I went and voted. I'm not sure if they'll let us vote more than once, but I'll try again tomorrow just in case.

I noticed that Amazon is doing something similar to inkitt. It is called Write On... seems fanfiction is catching on. Everyone wants a piece of it these days. I agree though, I like the fanfiction site the best so far of those I've tried.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
      Yes, let us know if you need us to vote anywhere Nika.

I've really enjoyed the pic spam. And the art was great as well.

I haven't been feeling too well either. Thanks for the stinking cold SB. Hope you are feeling better DG.

I remember about 10 years ago we all had flu one Christmas. The three of us were all laid on the sofas feeling sick and ill and we had to watch non-stop Disney channel in order to take SB's mind off her misery. I haven't watched the Disney channel since. I absolutely refuse.
      Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Blen. Hopefully things will brighten for you over the weekend.

Loved the holding hands picspam though.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry Blen - My germ-spawn-factory gave me a cold his second day of school... I was hoping for at least a week before I got the first 'back to school cold' of the season... alas, it was a good 10 day long one so I'm hoping to avoid another until at least Christmas.

I think Inkitt is trying to find a way to hook into the next big 'fanfic' bestseller. Since 50 Shades was originally written as a Twilight AU, then published for kazillions, I think inkitt is trying to somehow capture that. Otherwise, what on earth could their business model be?

I'm not sure why someone would post an original story though...
        sigpic

Operation "this will most likely end badly" is a go. - John Sheppard
        MALP on a stick! - Rodney McKay

Comment

I voted too!

Sorry Blenca's not feeling well. Keep the germs that way though. I'm thoroughly enjoying having Miri healthy for a switch.

Love the pic spam of all sorts. I haven't really been able to do that since before Mom got sick a year ago. Nice doing carefree stuff.

I think an original work would be rather difficult to put out there in this sort of way - the inkitt thing. I mean, I'm pretty picky and if something doesn't interest me, I don't bother with it. How do you write enough of a blurb good enough to say "Read me! You know you want to!"
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post

I think an original work would be rather difficult to put out there in this sort of way - the inkitt thing. I mean, I'm pretty picky and if something doesn't interest me, I don't bother with it. How do you write enough of a blurb good enough to say "Read me! You know you want to!"

Thanks for the votes kiddies! Although I'm not sure what kind of traffic they even get. It was an interesting method for posting though. Something to learn I guess!

And I am VERY picky about "free reads" --- you get what you pay for?

In other news I finally wrote the ending to "The Forgotten" which is only like, what, 2 years old???? hahahaha I"m such a loser...
            sigpic

Comment

Yay! New chapters upcoming from Nika!

Free reads? I knew you had one (two?) shortish novels written. Didn't know about any free reads.

Of course, I barely have time for a bit of fic from time to time.
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Monday Morning, Love Shack.

sigpic

Comment

Happy Monday!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

We can post smilies as the whole post now? Or just ones with lower case parts?

How was your day, Bailey?

edit: Nope! There's the pic. Took a minute to show.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am currently trapped on my couch in a 1/2 turkey coma (Canadian Thanksgiving today) ...... thank goodness for laptops....
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, Nika!

How did the Canadians come by this day for Thanksgiving?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hiya Ever.

Today was pretty good for a Monday. Bonus that the boss was out of town.

Thanksgiving sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day, Nika! Looking forward to when we get to do the same.

How was your day, Ever?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm tired because I had such a busy weekend with little sleep, or if I just did nothing today. There's about eight things I need to get done, and I'm not doing any of them. I'm sort of proud of myself for ignoring it all for a day.

Yay on the boss being out of town. Makes life less stressful.

Took time today to type up what I have of my Intentions Day fic and add a bit to it. Should be done in about two scenes. Hopefully.

I really need to get to the Quarantine Day fic I started last year. Hopefully it'll be done by January. I've really only got the last bit to go. I just can't "see" how it plays out. Can't exactly say "And they lived happily ever after" before they actually decide to live happily ever after.
                              sigpic

Comment

The last scene or two are always the hardest part for me and usually the part that Sha (she does my beta stuff) sends back with notes. Usually it is that it ends too abruptly and needs... more. I hope what you need to make your story feel finished comes to you soon, Ever. For me it is usually during my commute or while I'm in the shower that an idea finally hits me.

I'm sure you deserved and needed the down time today. Good job on letting things go for the day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X