Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShaViva... it is 10 pm here where I am. I'm usually up for a few more hours.

What program are you using for making your banners? Oh and I wrote today

Jade, glad to hear it won't be long.
    sigpic

Comment

It is 10:17pm here so I am here still

I was bored and well I made a sig I can show you the full size manip of Jennifer that I used in the sig if anyone wants to see it

sigpic

Comment

How fun DG... you have been very busy with manips today. Of course we would love to see the original manip, or at least I would.
        sigpic

Comment

I had originally thought hey if I could get her in a belly dancers outfit and put her on a stage I could have Ronon watching and give it the caption that Ronon wondered if she was available for private shows but after hours of searching and not finding what I was looking for I just gave up and made the sig and the original manip

Last edited by dragongirl; 17 February 2011, 07:37 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

awesome sig DG!!!

and of course we would want to see the original manip!!

Edit: Oh wow my post numbers are all 3's...lol.... <<<
            sigpic

Comment

Hi bailey, Hi Jade, Hi DG. Had to go pick up kids but back now ...

I'm using GIMP 2 bailey - I made some changes to my new sig and reloaded it - for some reason the text isn't as sharp after I upload it.

I'm sure Ronon would very much enjoy watching Jenn dance DG *grins* ... I like it!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, and bailey, YAY!!!! on the writing. Is it flowing for you?

I've been slack on the whole writing thing the past week ... I need to do a couple of chapters but not inspired even though I know what I'm going to do next.
                sigpic

Comment

You know what ... this signature is TOO blue now ... back to the drawing board!!!

Too blue version:

Edit - shows how the text is blurrier after uploading!
                  Last edited by ShaViva; 17 February 2011, 08:07 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sha I have had the same issue there are 2 sigs that I made it was real obvious I have no idea why they do that and I have not figured out how to fix it.
                    sigpic

Comment

ShaViva, I like how the text is two different colors... not sure how you did that , but it is cool. I'm using Gimp as well. Most of my fonts I got from a website Blen suggested http://www.dafont.com/... of course now I have too many fonts, and yet never one that I like perfectly.

DG, It'd be nice to have more seasons of SGA so we had more pics to look through and maybe better choices for manips.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have that problem with fonts too I like fonts save them and then can never find one that I like

Oh having more seasons of SGA would be good for manips
                        sigpic

Comment

DG - oh, so it's not just me then? Good to know ... I've tried a gif format and a jpeg format.

Bailey - thanks! I did the multicoloured text with a few steps. First in my actual banner file I created a text box with the text I want. Then with the move tool I select that layer and copy to the clipboard. Then in a new file - transparent fill - I paste from the clipboard. Gives you an almost invisitble selection of just the text. Then I use the Gradient tool to paint across the text - you can't see how it looks until you lock the floating selection, but if you don't like it you can just undo and try a different gradient. THEN, when you like it, save the file and open it as a layer back in the first file. Did that make sense? Thanks for the fonts link - I'll look there as well. *grins*
                          sigpic

Comment

I'll have to play with that after this challenge is done. Might be fun for a few signatures.

Jade... I'm almost done with my first challenge. I think I might have a go at two total.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nope the png file saves exactly how I made it but the jpg the text is blurred example...

and

It sucks too the png files are too big to use in rotation so I made them and can't do anything with them
                              sigpic

Comment

That is annoying DG - all the work done that you can't fully enjoy, plus unexplained and therefore very hard to fix problems are just frustrating! I'm disappointed because my blurred text actually looked pretty cool when it's all sharp like it should be. I've never tried to create a png file - not sure what it even is!

Bailey - I'll look forward to seeing some 'texty' signatures. I'm sure there are a lot more sophisticated things I could be doing in GIMP but on the plus side, ignorance does force me to find ways to do the things I want.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X