Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallgirl
    Weir definitely could do with an extra meal or two but I kinda like *Skinny boy* Shep as he is. I like the fact his trousers always seem a bit baggy and that while his arms are very nice and toned and he looks perfectly fit and healthy he isn't bursting out of his t-shirt like most other actors. Sky One is showing season one SG-1 at the moment and I was only noticing the other day how much Michael Shanks has now bulked up. It's all personal choice of course but I'd rather JF stayed mostly as he is now. It makes him again a little different from the 'norm', most actors playing an action guy/hero type character usually look like they spend hours pumping iron and I like it that he doesn't. Me thinks it makes him look sexier and more unique. That and the fact that I hope he never gets a shorter hair cut.
    Im not one for muscles at ALL (that's probably why I don't thunk for MS/Daniel the way I used to - there's just way to much muscle for my taste now), so in my eyes Joe is absolutely perfect. He's tall, slim and toned and it really suits him.

I'd have to agree with all of the above. I too really like the fact that JF isn't bulked up at all and that he isn't portraying the typical muscly "hero guy". I adore him just the way he is.

And the hair is a thing of wonder.
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I was watching some Atlantis eps last night and saw these wonderful pictures of Shep.

From Hide & Seek, although blurry, it looks as though he is wearing some jeans.

From Suspicion, in this shot those wonderful blue & white striped boxers make an appearance.
      "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
      http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

I see you've been doing your homework Darkwarden...that brings the count up to 4 episodes now for the peek-a-boo boxers.
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by darkwarden
          I was watching some Atlantis eps last night and saw these wonderful pictures of Shep.

From Hide & Seek, although blurry, it looks as though he is wearing some jeans.

From Suspicion, in this shot those wonderful blue & white striped boxers make an appearance.
          Yeppers. Jeans. I remember seeing that ep the first time and squeeing about that.

Heh heh. See....nice butt. So why won't his pants stay up? Not that I'm complaining! LOL
          As I study this you can see that DH has a bigger butt, yet his pant have enough material to cover it. Methinks that the wardrobe lady/person is being nice to us !LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
            I love how Joe doesn't get alot of dialogue oft times but you GET what Shep is thinking/feeling. And when he does get the dialogue you can see that what Shep says isn't always what he's feeling/thinking.
            McKay is way out there. Loud and in your face. You always know what he's thinking. He's not a good poker player. As a scientist used to looking for the truth, he doesn't lie well. He doesn't have that edit button in his head, the experience that says, hey maybe you better keep your mouth shut about this. He knew what he was getting into in the Pegasus Galaxy, he was never so excited in his life about going.

Sheppard is subtle. He could be saying one thing but his eyes and posture may be saying something else. As a miltary man, he plays it close to the vest. He knows when not to say something that may be strategically sensitive. But he will go with his instinct when training says otherwise. He trusted Teyla on their first meeting, not because she was a good looking person (ok, maybe that helped), but because he knew she could be trusted. He's in the Pegasus Galaxy thru some freak of genetics and a bad case of timing. He's in change of the military half of the expedition when he wasn't expecting it.

I like the different personalities of the two characters. And the fact that although they have different approaches to life, they get along with each other so well after just a few months SGA time (fighting for your lives will do that, I guess). Heck, you knew there was something there the moment Sheppard shot McKay in the leg.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              I see you've been doing your homework Darkwarden...that brings the count up to 4 episodes now for the peek-a-boo boxers.
              I was chance that I found tham actually, I didn't remember seeing them when I first watched the episode and when I was watching them last night i just caught them without really paying any attention.
              "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
              http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                McKay is way out there. Loud and in your face. You always know what he's thinking. He's not a good poker player. As a scientist used to looking for the truth, he doesn't lie well. He doesn't have that edit button in his head, the experience that says, hey maybe you better keep your mouth shut about this. He knew what he was getting into in the Pegasus Galaxy, he was never so excited in his life about going.

Sheppard is subtle. He could be saying one thing but his eyes and posture may be saying something else. As a miltary man, he plays it close to the vest. He knows when not to say something that may be strategically sensitive. But he will go with his instinct when training says otherwise. He trusted Teyla on their first meeting, not because she was a good looking person (ok, maybe that helped), but because he knew she could be trusted. He's in the Pegasus Galaxy thru some freak of genetics and a bad case of timing. He's in change of the military half of the expedition when he wasn't expecting it.

I like the different personalities of the two characters. And the fact that although they have different approaches to life, they get along with each other so well after just a few months SGA time (fighting for your lives will do that, I guess). Heck, you knew there was something there the moment Sheppard shot McKay in the leg.

I love their differences and how that kinda brings them together to connect in a way that doesn't seem likely. I also like that neither is really typical of who they would seem to be. John is much more than a fly boy. Rodney isn't just a geek. Like you said...when Rodney let John shoot him? He obviously picked John to play with. I like that they GET each other and I really think John gets Rodney better than anyone. He knows what to say to him. Like in 38 minutes. He knew how to get Rodney focused. ROdney needs that. And I think Shep needs Rodney to challenge him on an intellectual level. You can see in the eps where John does play it close to the vest, but he also GETS alot more than he lets on. He figures out what Rodney is talking about quicker than anyone else does. They work well together and the dynamic is fabulous.

Comment

As I study this you can see that DH has a bigger butt, yet his pant have enough material to cover it. Methinks that the wardrobe lady/person is being nice to us !LOL
                  Cough. As a Hewlett fan, I will have to say that there are shots of David's butt where appropriate to the work. And not covered, either. It wouldn't be appropriate to see boxer shots of the head geek of Atlantis, no matter how much I would want them. The episode Home being an exception.

Sheppard's boxer shots are to tease us. And it's working!

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    I don't care much for the "buffed-up" Daniel Jackson, so I definitely would not wanna see "buff" Shep!

Like him just the way he is. . scruffy hair and all.
                    I agree I liked Daniel Jackson way back in the early seasons when Danny boy was a skinny little geek doctor
                    ~Athena

Comment

Cough. As a Hewlett fan, I will have to say that there are shots of David's butt where appropriate to the work. And not covered, either. It wouldn't be appropriate to see boxer shots of the head geek of Atlantis, no matter how much I would want them. The episode Home being an exception.

LOL that is a reasonable explanation i think....Either way I don't mind the peek-a-boo boxers. It makes watching episodes of SGA more fun.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Eek. I actually meant that the wardrobe lady was making sure Joe's pants didn't fit! LOL

Not dissing DH's butt! LOL

Comment

did any one see joe on his sake bord on the lowdown to night

Comment

Eek. I actually meant that the wardrobe lady was making sure Joe's pants didn't fit! LOL

Not dissing DH's butt! LOL
                            I didn't take it that way. And I was just trying to make you jealous with the not covered bit and the actual viewing of McKay's boxers in contrast with the teasing peek a boo bits of Sheppard's boxers.

The boxer situation is just like McKay and Sheppard. McKay's boxers are out there for all to see, in your face with that loud Hawaiian pattern. Sheppard's boxers are more subtle and you have to look for glimpses between pants and jacket for that blue and white pattern.

I can't believe I just connected my boxer post with my character post.

My kind of guy:

Comment

He figures out what Rodney is talking about quicker than anyone else does. They work well together and the dynamic is fabulous.
                              *Sob* You people went and had a great discussion about Sheppard and McKay while I was at work with no access to the internet for half a day! *Sniff* C'est la vie! *Sigh*
                              I like what you said here, Merlin... I think it's pretty much spot on... the two men really light up every scene that they're in and when they're together, it's gold . Someone in the casting department did good!

I think it's also cute that Sheppard is so self-deprecating about his abilities while McKay seems to be on a perpetual campaign of self-promotion. They are opposites that find their equilibrium when they interact. Fundamentally both are very smart guys, and very loyal to Weir (which is sooo sweet in the non-shippy sort of way).
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I didn't take it that way. And I was just trying to make you jealous with the not covered bit and the actual viewing of McKay's boxers in contrast with the teasing peek a boo bits of Sheppard's boxers.

The boxer situation is just like McKay and Sheppard. McKay's boxers are out there for all to see, in your face with that loud Hawaiian pattern. Sheppard's boxers are more subtle and you have to look for glimpses between pants and jacket for that blue and white pattern.

I can't believe I just connected my boxer post with my character post.
                                Ohgood. LOL

Ya know...you are so right about this. How scary is that? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X