No announcement yet.

Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ford: very true sir, would not want to annoy/ upset the mods.. too keep it PG13 i think those ladies would settle for the shirtlessness.
    Last edited by CKO; 21 February 2005, 09:00 PM. Reason: cuz i can't spell worth a damn today ;)
    sigpic

Comment

Love the pics and the captions. You guys are hysterical. Course...Shep makes the best faces.

Have a question. Anyone up for discussing/commenting on Whumped Shep moments? I mean...not only is he THUNKABLE but he's so gosh darn WHUMPABLE..and he looks THUNKABLE while being WHUMPED!

Did that make sense? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        Love the pics and the captions. You guys are hysterical. Course...Shep makes the best faces.

Have a question. Anyone up for discussing/commenting on Whumped Shep moments? I mean...not only is he THUNKABLE but he's so gosh darn WHUMPABLE..and he looks THUNKABLE while being WHUMPED!

Did that make sense? LOL
        Would be if I knew what Whumping meant but I don't.

so young, so innocent... sigh.. in the early days before thunking...

"just a little skin showing.. tastefully done mind you.. one day it's going to be appreciated.."

" I can do manly brooding now... not innocent no more... see my hair flicks rather than flops now... I think I am just about ready to handle the thunking onslaught..."

Caps from JAM'S PADDED CELL.
        Last edited by smallgirl; 22 February 2005, 02:09 AM.
        ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
        FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

yes... dare i ASK what WHUMPING is???

nice pics he looks SOOOOOO young in that first one though!!

Comment

Whumping i believe refers to a character being hurt physically or emotionally. Its used alot in fanfic - there's heaps of Danny whumping fanfic.

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

... nice pic... a whump??

on a side note: what cruel dealer of fate made me miss that episode!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Sunkissed_stargate_traveller]Whumping i believe refers to a character being hurt physically or emotionally. Its used alot in fanfic - there's heaps of Danny whumping fanfic.

Thanks.

In that case Merlin's comment
                he looks THUNKABLE while being WHUMPED!
                is spot on.

Shep got whumped a lot in 'The Defiant One' and I loved that ep. Emotionally speaking he's got more and more whumped as the season has progressed. I've only got as far as LFP and in that ep he looked at being almost at the point of being 'whumped' out. Not that I am a sadist and want Shep to be in pain all the time whether physically or emotionally, I like it when he is happy Shep and bantering with McKay, but I am interested in seeing the character being pushed to the limit the way he has been recently and curious to find out where it takes him. We know so little about him and the pressure he is under is revealing chinks in the Shep armour which make him open up more.

spoilers for LFP
                Spoiler:
                his message to Sumner's 'potential' family was very moving and although the purpose was for Sheppard to say something about the person of Sumner it essentially revealed more of Sheppard's own person than we usually get and his 'goodbye' at the end was pretty powerful
                Last edited by smallgirl; 22 February 2005, 05:37 AM.
                ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

i totally agree! although i almost hate to see the poor guy go through any more than he's obviously already been through (even already, and i'm only through before i sleep) you can see his happy, optimistic exterior is getting a bit weaker every week... poor guy... but at the same time, a but of angst and emotional AND physical whumping makes not only for interesting story but helps reveal a lot about a character and how they deal with things when they're at their worst...

still... poor guy...

can't wait for LFP

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7

Did that make sense? LOL
                    Me me me!!! Whumped Shep = YUM!! His looks and attitude just scream out to be whumped! There's something about whumping that I love to watch! And before I found TV fandom on the 'net I never knew there was an actual name for it - I just thought I was odd and could never ever ever tell anyone I enjoyed watching it! Mind you, I only want to see the cute guys whumped

Not that I am a masochist and want Shep to be in pain all the time whether physically or emotionally, I like it when he is happy Shep and bantering with McKay, but I am interested in seeing the character being pushed to the limit the way he has been recently and curious to find out where it takes him
                    Exactly Smallgirl!! Whumping gives the character a way to show us how he overcomes obstacles and handles setbacks. Shep got lucky in The Eye, but you just know if he had been shot, he still would have won. He doesn't give up. 38 Minutes showed us that, as did The Defiant One. My 2 favorite eps because of the whump factor.

Sooooo, if anyone here would like to keep this thread for non-whumpable thunking, I'll go ahead and start a Shep whumping thread. Show of hands?
                    sigpic
                    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

we don't mind whumping here!! but i certainly wouldn't be against a whumping thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Ford: Yes, sir... I mean, I could take your place sir...

Sheppard: Take my place?! Ford... you're just a kid... a good kid... but this is a MAN's job.
                        *ROTFLMAO*

Never send a boy to do a MAN's job!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                          we don't mind whumping here!! but i certainly wouldn't be against a whumping thread....
                          Ok, here ya go!! We can thunk here and thunk over there too

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9114
                          sigpic
                          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

already been there Salty!!

and we can always count on FP to bring us back on topic

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl

so young, so innocent... sigh.. in the early days before thunking...

Caps from JAM'S PADDED CELL.
                              Ooooh. . .JF "baby" pics.

I hate it when men have more hair than I do!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

lol... he has more hair there than i did about two weeks ago!!

Comment

Working...
                                X