Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin7
    I love and thunk after both.

It's a bit, odd, either way to THUNK over a fictional characters as much as thunking over a stranger.

But Joe being married and having kids? <Which I am too> Doesn't take away from my admiration for the man he seems to be. From his looks/talent and wit. I admire JOE's acting so much. And I watch him in everything he does that I can get my hands on. Hence THunking over JOE.

But I also adore Sheppard and wish I had one of my very own.

And as someone who has gotten to know STALKERISH Fans from other fandoms...to me so long as you don't cross the line...you can thunk for either.

I like knowing little tidbits about Joe. Like he reads the NY times and Wall st. Journal daily. That he rides a skateboard everywhere. Loves Johnny Cash. Was a competetive skiier. Has two beautiful boys. Thinks his wife is exotic..blah blah. Cause he's offered that info. Anything he doesn't care to share? Off limits.

Just my two cents about the gorgeous man.
    You're right, the beautiful face does belong to a breathing, living soul... it is hard to separate the character from the actor. It speaks volumes about his skill and giftedness as an actor that he is appreciated for both his looks and his obvious talent in being able to get inside the character's head.

But one does get the sense that he is a private person... and I say "Good for him..." Some actors these days are far too ready to spill their guts.

The chances of me ever getting to a sci-fi convention is very slim... they're usually held in the larger cities... but while I wouldn't mind meeting the actors from Stargate, I'm far more interested in meeting Gateworlders... people that I've exchanged posts with. I'm too chicken to go up to actors and ask them for their autographs anyway...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'm in a lyrical frame of mind... <shameless plug: check out my parodies in the Sam/Thor ship thread....>

Two little thunkees
      Sitting in a tree
      One named Sheppard and the other Rodney
      Fly to us, Shep… fly to us Rodney
      Come back, Shep… come back Rodney

sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

if ya don't mind me askin', where are ya at??? as for meeting people... yes, at gatecon i am looking equally forward to meeting people from here as i am to meeting the actors there (and all of them too, not just the guys from stargate )

Comment

Just found a double thunk of a different kind ... thought i might like to share

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

but of course! can't leave out our SG1 guys from the thunking

and triple thunk of the shep/SG1 variety

Comment

wonder if i can find some more ....

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

my god thats a nice pic
                sigpic

Comment

methinks this thread needs a BUMP!!! it also needs more pics!!! i'd post more but i've barely got enough bandwidth to keep shep on every post!!!

Comment

Ugh, I am waaayyy behind! My home 'puter died last Friday and I have so much catching up to do!

Do I thunk for JF or for the character of Sheppard? I prefer Sheppard as I enjoy the character. JF has a life of his own. Working on SGA is his job and fans need to keep that perspective. Besides, he is probably nothing like Sheppard IRL.

As for "Sanctuary" - odd show. Even Beckett had misgivings about Chaya in the beginning (along with Rodney) but no one would listen to him either. And why would Shep be allowed to haul her all over the place, looking at sensitive equipment and info when they really didn't know her? She did lie to them which is a big "red flag", and if she is such a warm, caring, wonderful protector of her people, why does she deny them the opportunity for advancement? They aren't learning anything, they aren't improving their life, they are totally stagnant. If she really loved her people, why doesn't she want them to expand their knowledge? Or does she have "control" issues? She said she went to Atlantis for John but it seemed wrong for some reason - did she want to own him too? I just got the feeling Chaya wasn't as sweet and nice as she made herself out to be - she seemed somewhat of a user, or an "I want it, so I get it" type.

Anyway - Shep looked mighty fine in the episode.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Did someone ask for more pics?

Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

mmm and a tripple thunk warning hsould have been mentioned for the last one
                        sigpic

Comment

Those are lovely (absolutly droolworthy) pictures. They were so wonderful, I had trouble getting out of the sanbox to say thank you! I'm gonna fall back in now. Wow! Triple thunk!

(ps: everytime I see your jaffacake sig, I giggle! Looks yummy!)
                          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                            Those are lovely (absolutly droolworthy) pictures. They were so wonderful, I had trouble getting out of the sanbox to say thank you! I'm gonna fall back in now. Wow! Triple thunk!

(ps: everytime I see your jaffacake sig, I giggle! Looks yummy!)
                            Maybe we should install a ladder? Or place a certain someone at the top to reach out his hand and help us out?

Anyway, my sig is reality-inspired. They actually sell cookies with this name around here! I felt inclined to add the tattoo. Unfortunately they're not only yummy, but addictive (like certain other things around here...)
                            Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!

Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

ohhh and a double thunk now... yummy..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X