X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see, that's what i said!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
      niiice but why is SHEP the only one wearing long sleeves though it is a nice arm thunk in the ford department (one thing i noticed when watching )
      All the better to attract the Ancient chick with, my dear...

Who can resist a man in uniform?
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Bah! I know!! He has to lose the jacket at least ONCE in season 2.

Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
        Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

yes!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here's another one for you thunkers...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Here's another one for you thunkers...
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...niganGift2.jpg
              Mmmm. Thunk you!
              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

yummy... aw gods the dreaded pg 2 slip.... not good
                sigpic

Comment

i love pensive (WHY does that word not look right at all???) shep very cute

Comment

Pensive is right. You know what word looks wrong after changing fonts about a dozen times? 'Seriously'.

Ack, need new Shep.

It may sound silly, but here's another question. Do you differentiate between the actor and the character? Who do you actually thunk after?

Me personally thunk after the character as personality factors into my ... attraction (yes that word doesn't sound obsessive). I admire JF and think he's cute but thunk after Sheppard.

It just seems weird to lust after a stranger, it's rather ... please don't take any offense... stalkerish. Though my sister says it's equally weird to lust after a person who doesn't exist.

Did that make sense?

Comment

yes... makes perfect sense...

i don't thunk the actors... only the characters, otherwise it's kinda stalker and WAY fangirl.... two things which i find quite distastful honestly

imean saying, for example, that JF is cute perfectly acceptable.. it's a compliment!! but discussing some... *other* things and referring to the actors is not something i will do... characters are free game as they're not real... actors are real and it doesn't seem right to me

so i thunk the characters shep, davis, and so on

Comment

Makes sense to me too...

The character is what we grow to love and respect... however, from time to time, someone here chucks in a pre-Atlantis photo... and panders to my shallow side... *falls to pieces*

Oh dear... Joe Flanigan is too good looking for words...
                        sigpic

Comment

yes... makes perfect sense...

i don't thunk the actors... only the characters, otherwise it's kinda stalker and WAY fangirl.... two things which i find quite distastful honestly

imean saying, for example, that JF is cute perfectly acceptable.. it's a compliment!! but discussing some... *other* things and referring to the actors is not something i will do... characters are free game as they're not real... actors are real and it doesn't seem right to me

so i thunk the characters shep, davis, and so on

So agree.

I mean JF is married with kids. It would seem quite...disrespectful...to him and his family.

So Shep all the way for me

Though I'm sure if any of us saw him in real life the thunk factor would still be off the scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            I am not entirely convinced that Chaya was just feeling the Ancient gene vibe...
                            I mean, what deprived woman in her right mind would pass the opportunity to go to Atlantis with this charming, attractive male specimen who is pulling out all the stops...
                            Well I know I wouldn’t pass up that opportunity.

(she prob'ly saw him comin from a mile away, thought "DAMN!" and gave him some love potion numer 9 of the ancient variety
                            Hehe. I like that explanation.

I thought the episode was so-so in that is was kind of bland and didn’t offer much except a lot of yummy Shep to gaze at. He was kind of out of character to me. I mean Shep likes to flirt (and boy is he cute when he turns on the charm) and all but this was a little too much flirting (for no real reason that could have added to the depth of the story) followed by making out with some alien woman he’s just met followed by some glow time. He’s not that shallow and easy. So I‘ll just go with her putting the whammy on poor ol’ unsuspecting Shep.

I don’t want the writers to go down the shallow road with Sheppard. So far his brain has done most of the thinking. Let’s keep it that way.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                              Hehe. I like that explanation.
                              why thank you

I don’t want the writers to go down the shallow road with Sheppard. So far his brain has done most of the thinking. Let’s keep it that way.
                              couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

I thunk the character but of course a lot of that has to do with how attractive the actor is. The fact that I now make the effort to watch things that JF has been in apart from SGA confirms that. However if Sheppard wasn't an appealing character ( which has a lot to do with JF's acting) the effect of JF's good looks would wear of pretty quickly.

The fangirly stuff is directed at Sheppard because he's fictional and therefore it's not inappropriate. I've never really felt a big desire to meet any of the actors that play characters I've thunked over because although seeing them in the flesh would be very nice, I wouldn't feel comfortable being remotely fangirly around them. I doubt I'd even ask for an autograph because at the end of the day they're a real person who deserve their privacy and they are a complete stranger. Any attachment you feel as a fan, is based purely on the fantasy in your head related to the character/characters you've seen them play. To let that merge with how you see them as an actual person is to start down the slippery slope to psycho stalker fan world. I get very uncomfortable when I see people interviewed on TV and you get fans asking personal questions or declaring their undying love.
                                ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
                                FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Working...
                                X