This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    I'd be curious to know Torri's reaction to all of this. Unfortunately she's far too professional and gracious to let slip any REAL information.
    No, she wouldn't let anything slip.

You know what? The thing that annoys me the most about this is that when I went to the con at Burbank, all these people who'd never watched Atlantis before and met her there, heard her talk, were all "OMG! I love her! I'm going to watch Atlantis now!" She just has something about her that makes the fans love her. TPTB are dumb as dog**** doing this. They just have no idea. They're doing what they want instead of what the fans want, and that's going to come back and bite them on the butt in a big way. And they'll deserve it.

Comment

This has got to be the stupidest thing TPTB have ever done. I can't even imagine what they could have been thinking. Somebody wake me up from this nightmare!
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'm actually beginning to realise that all of this ISN'T SCI FI'S FAULT...

IT'S THE BOYS AT THE BRIDGE (WRIGHT, COOPER, MALLOZZI, MULLIE, BINDER AND ESPECIALLY GERO). IT'S THEIR FAULT
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Speechless...

*spits feathers*

Comment

... she wasn't wrong about the internet being on fire though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              If they kill Atlantis that will leave them more time to concentrate on SG-1 movies and the third series.
              good point.,.....i really don't understand what there are doing to the show

but theses are the people that also killed SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                You know what? The thing that annoys me the most about this is that when I went to the con at Burbank, all these people who'd never watched Atlantis before and met her there, heard her talk, were all "OMG! I love her! I'm going to watch Atlantis now!" She just has something about her that makes the fans love her. TPTB are dumb as dog**** doing this. They just have no idea. They're doing what they want instead of what the fans want, and that's going to come back and bite them on the butt in a big way. And they'll deserve it.
                I see Torri as having some of the same vivacity and joie de vivre that makes Amanda so popular with the fans. Outgoing, enthusiastic and very fan friendly.

Comment

Hmmm ... well - first off, i think we need more info than one flippant comment before everyone's head explodes ... it could be Torri's personal reasons.

BUT, if it is TPTB, then i'm scratching my head rather.

1. Carter coming over - is fine. For one or two episodes a season. Not 14. Whilst it may finally bring some further, final development for the Carter character (letting her lead something properly at last), the Carter character should not be developed in Atlantis. She's been an integral part of the SG-1 universe, and that's where she belongs.

Spoiler:
                  The loss of Beckett and the introduction of the newbie... Just why? What happened in a season and a half that cause him to become despensible when after the first season he got promoted. His departure annoys me the most, because he's by far my favourite character.

3. The Ford --> Ronan switch ... didn't bother me much, because although they handled Ford's departure badly, the introduction of Ronon was good, and I never get bored when he's on screen.

4. Today's news. Well ... I have to be honest, the writing has never caused me to particular enjoy Weir or Teyla. They just never did anything, and so if you have to change one cast member, i'd lose one of those two (probably Teyla first ... sorry to those fans). That said, you just can't have this change along with all the others - it's just stupid - get better writers rather than when every time the ones you have run out of idea's for a character, they drop that one and create another one. Just stop it! TPTB at the moment seem to have favourites - the people they enjoy writing for (think Rodney, think Vala). And they always get something in an episode they're in, and are usually at front and centre. Whereas the people like Teyla, Weir Teal'c, Beckett, even Sam), get nothing nowadays. Except for the odd witty line, or well placed punch ... it's not good enough. Part of the reason i got into the show was because even though RDA was obviously the main man, it was still an ensemble show. Everyone got something good. Nowadays, only the writer's fave's get stuff, but they explain this away by saying ''Ooh, but it's what the fans want".

Well ... I'm a fan. And it isn't what I want.
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                    I thought it was the actor's fault for not giving TPTB enough inspiration to write for their character. /sarcasm
                    Seriously, I can't deny that I've felt some of the actors manage to do more with the parts they are given than others, but making all these changes all at once is just ridiculous. TPTB cast these actors in the first place, and they've each built up a significant fan base. Work with what you have! All this casting away things that don't suit you and grabbing for new toys is looking very immature!
                    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      Well, I haven't met hr but I started watching the show for her. I had watched her SG1 eps and thought that she was indeed a great actress. Bt then dark_faith told me how sweet she is since she had met her, how she's so wonderful, such a talented actress... So I started watching and god how she was right! I fell for her since Rising and even though sometimes I didn't understand her decision, I really really can't imagine the show without her.

Comment

Originally posted by leelakin View Post
                        My thoughts exactly! Hell, it's like the indirect cancellation of SGA.

Could we also start a campaign "NEW TPTB PLEASE"? *lol*
                        you got my vote for sure.... i've seen to many shows die this way
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                          parisindy...do whatever you like to it...as long as we get the word out that's all that matters!!
                          thank you ((hugs))
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

She takes what little screentime that she has and turns it into something brilliant and amazing. That's what's made her so popular. The fact that she's an incredible actress and a wonderful person. It just radiates onto the screen and people are just drawn to it.
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Vanilla View Post
                              ... she wasn't wrong about the internet being on fire though!!!
                              OMG, how could I forget about that ! You're D*** right the Internet is on fire ( even if I don't believe it's for this particular reason anyway ). Nevertheless, it's unfair to Torri as it is for Paul.

Comment

Gosh. Was that a SHARK that just jumped past me there?

I'm off to watch some well written TV, written by, you know, people that can write.

Mebbe Torri's off to do some work by some people that can write. You know? Maybe it's good for her. I hope so. Give her some decent lines and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X