• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    Spoiler:
    two are the wraith JM posted in his blog -

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...h/dsc08636.jpg

the one that says "search this ship" does sound like kenny, but without his beard and kenny's hair isn't that ratty.
    Yeah, I remember those pics. I thought they just happened to be filming on the same day, not also the same ep. Huh. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thankfully less than 24 hours for me. I'm really excited now!

mfw

Comment

For what's worth I had no problem with the way Todd reacted in both "First Contact"and' "The Lost Tribe". Especially in "The Lost Tribe". Todd did what he had to do out of necessity he needed to have the Attreo device distroyed.
      Why would he believe Sheppard?Yes, they formed a sort of friendship albeit an uneasy one. Todd thought he was being deceived so he took control of the Daedalus and threaten to fed on Wosley. Do I have a problem with that no because he was using a tactic that he learned from Koya (sp) from Common Ground. Todd used human behavior towards humans. When Todd programed the Daedalus to crash into the Attero device he used what ever means to his disposal to destroy the device. Some posters said they didn't like Todd in this episode because he used a bit of subterfuge.

Maybe he didn't believe the Atlantis team about the Attero Device. Do you remember in "The Queen", when Teyla order the destruction of that hive ship? Didn't Todd say to Teyla "You want to kill Wraith" maybe not exact words. There is this uneasy alliance between Todd, Sheppard and Wosley.

Todd may have thought this is how the humans will finely dispose of the Wraith. Todd has his doubts about the retro virus. So, this leads to the question Will Todd trust the humans with this retro virus? Is there a wider gap of distrust between Todd and the Atlantis team because of what has happened?

LS

Comment

MGM Trailer:

Spoiler:
        The Wraith in the woods is Penny Wraith, I'm sure. Penny also played the other Wraith with Todd and Kenny in the 2-parter; he was the one who got killed in engineering. I'm sure it was Penny...and I'm sure the one in the woods is, too. If not, I'll be very surprised.

Tyler said he played 4 Wraith, but the episodes he's in only account for 3, unless Kenny gets killed. The Tyler Wraith in this trailer does look like it has Kenny's tattoo - but we see him in the backlot pics with a chin tattoo. So, maybe Tyler plays two different Wraith in Outsiders, Kenny, and the one with the chin tat. If that's the case, maybe he's working against Todd's orders (or, obeying them)...which might explain what Tyler said about Kenny's opinions of Todd working with the humans. This will be interesting to see...

I know I'm making wild speculations here, but it may allow for Kenny to survive Outsiders, and to be a part of the other episodes with Todd. Time will tell...

das
        sigpic

Comment

To lighten the mood a bit...

I posted this in another thread - an attempt to explain names to Todd....

Todd (to Woolsey): "I trust there are no hard feelings, Mr. Woolsey."

Woolsey: "Look...why don't you call me Richard."

Todd (confused): "Richard?"

Woolsey: "Yes. That is my first name, and after our little...misunderstanding...I thought it best that we drop the formalities..."

Sheppard (with a smirk): "Or you could just call him 'Dick'."

Todd (confused, again): "'Dick?' Which numbered name is this? Third, fourth? I've lost count..."

Sheppard: "It's what we call a nickname...it's short for 'Richard'."

Todd: "I am confused. A 'nickname'?"

Sheppard: "Yeah, it's like...instead of calling you 'Wraith', we called you...oh, I dunno...'Todd'."

Todd: "That makes no sense. 'Todd'. What does it mean?"

Sheppard: "I don't know - I guess it means...uh, you're tall and green."

Woolsey: "Actually, it means 'fox', or ...'cunning', from the Middle English 'todde'."

Todd and Sheppard:

Todd (points to Woolsey): "And you are a 'Dick' - what does that mean?"

Woolsey (indignant): "Well, if you must know, it means "ruler".

Sheppard: "Or, it's another name for..." (whispers in Todd's ear)

Todd (hikes a brow): "Indeeeed."

Woolsey: "That is quite enough, Col. Sheppard."

Todd: "And 'John', what does this name mean?"

Sheppard: "It means 'God Is Gracious'..."

Woolsey (piping up): "It's also another name for 'toilet'." (smiles smuggly)

Todd (frowning, looking at Woolsey): "So, you are named after the male reproductive organ, and..." (turns to Sheppard) "...you are named after a toilet?"

Sheppard (with a smirk): "Yeah, that's about it."

Todd: "Humans are weird."

Spoiler:
          (The 'humans are weird' is a nod to Ronon's 'your planet's weird' line in Outcast.)

das
          Last edited by dasNdanger; 17 January 2009, 06:40 AM. Reason: spelling correction
          sigpic

Comment

:lo: - rolfmao! - that is hillarious, das! - thanks for posting

sigpic

Comment

Sort of random thoughts:

Just watched "The Seer" again and I noticed two things we'd previously discussed here. First - the hand flexing that Todd does at the end of "The Queen". He does it in TS when he's in the lab with McKay and he refuses Todd's request to lose his shackles. Definitely a sign of Wraith aggitation and frustration. I think it also must relate to hunger. I think as much as he wanted to be free of those bonds he also wanted to take a little suck off of McKay, too.
              Second, after the hives blow each other up and Sheppard goes to Todd's cell, we see Todd sitting with hands resting in his lap, fingers steepled, head bowed. We had seen Steve in a similar form of meditation in his cell and when they had come upon Todd in his cell before he was either standing or simply sitting with his hands on his knees. I don't know - maybe it's the revelation that Todd lost his Queen as well as his hive that makes me feel his posture was a little more "reverent". And even though it wasn't revealed or maybe even thought of by the writers at the time, Chris seemed to think Todd deserved to mourn his loss a little. And he was definitely angry with Sheppard. Angry but resigned.
              Sorry if this was already mentioned, it's just stuff I'm picking up on when I go back and watch these eps.

Another thing that popped into my head this morning...the tattoos. For a race that doesn't seem to entirely value individuality more rather a "hive" mind, the tattoos seem to be just an emblem of just that. I always imagined they got their tattoos when they crossed over from adolescence to adulthood or full Wraith-hood, when they stopped eating food and started feeding off people. You know, that right of passage that many cultures mark with tattooing and scarification. I just wonder if their tattoos are a reference to their "tribe" or their Queen mother. Or maybe it's their "name"? Like when Sheppard kept asking Steve and Bob what their names were, they just remained silent. They were probably thinking, "You idiot! Read my f'ing face!" Then again, maybe it's just cosmetic and another example of their vanity. Just wondered what ya'll thought.

*yawn* g'night!

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post

Spoiler:

Woolsey: "Yes. That is my first name, and after our little...misunderstanding...I thought it best that we drop the formalities..."

Todd (confused, again): "'Dick?' Which numbered name is this? Third, fourth? I've lost count..."

Sheppard: "Yeah, it's like...instead of calling you 'Wraith', we called you...oh, I dunno...'Todd'."

Woolsey: "Actually, it means 'fox', or ...'cunning', from the Middle English 'todde'."

Todd and Sheppard:

Todd (frowning, looking at Woolsey): "So, you are named after the male reproductive organ, and..." (turns to Sheppard) "...you are named after a toilet?"

Sheppard (with an apologetic smirk): "Yeah, that's about it."

das
                *snort* lmao! Your Woolsey "impression" is uncanny!

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                  Sort of random thoughts:

Just watched "The Seer" again and I noticed two things we'd previously discussed here. First - the hand flexing that Todd does at the end of "The Queen". He does it in TS when he's in the lab with McKay and he refuses Todd's request to lose his shackles. Definitely a sign of Wraith aggitation and frustration. I think it also must relate to hunger. I think as much as he wanted to be free of those bonds he also wanted to take a little suck off of McKay, too.
                  Ah, yes. I wonder if it could also be a sign of restlessness...which goes along with the idea that it's agitation and frustration. I'm thinking that Wraith may use their hands to express their feelings much like a dog or cat uses its tail. Especially a cat - if they are happy, their tail stands straight up - VERY happy and their tail quivers. If they are aggitated, however, they twitch or wag their tail, and if they are unhappy, their tail droops.

Perhaps Wraith show their emotions in a similar way through their hands. Flexing, with fingers remaining spread, may be a sign of hunger, or a desire to feed. Flexing open and closed may be a sign of agitation, or frustration.

Let's see what others have to say.

Second, after the hives blow each other up and Sheppard goes to Todd's cell, we see Todd sitting with hands resting in his lap, fingers steepled, head bowed. We had seen Steve in a similar form of meditation in his cell and when they had come upon Todd in his cell before he was either standing or simply sitting with his hands on his knees. I don't know - maybe it's the revelation that Todd lost his Queen as well as his hive that makes me feel his posture was a little more "reverent". And even though it wasn't revealed or maybe even thought of by the writers at the time, Chris seemed to think Todd deserved to mourn his loss a little. And he was definitely angry with Sheppard. Angry but resigned.
                  Sorry if this was already mentioned, it's just stuff I'm picking up on when I go back and watch these eps.
                  Ah - good catch! I just went back and had a look for myself, and it was very much like Steve how sat, in a meditative manner, with hands together, fingertips touching. Perhaps this is the way Wraith find inner calm in stressful situations - Steve, because he was a captive, and Todd, both because he as a captive, and because he had just suffered great loss. A sign of meditation, or deep thought...plotting a next move, perhaps.

Another thing that popped into my head this morning...the tattoos. For a race that doesn't seem to entirely value individuality more rather a "hive" mind, the tattoos seem to be just an emblem of just that. I always imagined they got their tattoos when they crossed over from adolescence to adulthood or full Wraith-hood, when they stopped eating food and started feeding off people. You know, that right of passage that many cultures mark with tattooing and scarification. I just wonder if their tattoos are a reference to their "tribe" or their Queen mother. Or maybe it's their "name"? Like when Sheppard kept asking Steve and Bob what their names were, they just remained silent. They were probably thinking, "You idiot! Read my f'ing face!" Then again, maybe it's just cosmetic and another example of their vanity. Just wondered what ya'll thought.

*yawn* g'night!

mfw
                  Poor Steve, he had no tattoos. I do think they are a sign of accomplishment - and either a name, or some other sort of designation. Perhaps they must earn their Wraith names...Todd has earned one, and Kenny (he is second in command, afterall). Rhys had one, and he was powerful. The Primary's commander had one, the Uber Wraith in Sateda had one...most of those who we have seen in some sort of position among Wraith have had one. (Did the Primary have one? I don't think so...hmmmm.)

I would like to think that the tats are given for great accomplishment, a sign that this Wraith has earned a designation. It may not be an actual name, but - perhaps - a telling of his accomplishment, like a badge of honor.

Or...maybe they just think they look purty.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                    *snort* lmao! Your Woolsey "impression" is uncanny!

Woolsey, like McKay, is very easy to write. Todd isn't as easy, and Sheppard is sometimes hard, because he's so snarky. Todd's last line in that is actually adapted from Ronon's 'your planet is weird' (which I've had Todd say in the past, too). It just seems to fit the situation, though not really Todd.

I think I should go to bed, now...I'm starting to yawn...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Todd and Sheppard:

das
                      Das: you certainly have a whimsical sense of humour when it come to Todd, Sheppard and Woolsey.

LS

Comment

I've always thought of his flexing fingers as something he does when he's angry but can't show it. I'm sure it has a calming effect on him and I love it when he does it. I hadn't noticed his stance though after his ship was destroyed though, just another excuse for me to watch it yet again I also loved your "name" skit...it had me in stitches Well done! And....thanks for the link to Sanctuary, I'd been wanting to see something but being in Aus we haven't had anything on TV yet. I have developed an admiration of Chris (to say the least) that came from falling for Todd.
                        sigpic
                        Cass Todd -

Comment

Looks like Penny's next Wraith is totally yum...

Todd in BAMSR - tattoo + longer hair, but somewhat the same hairdo.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
                            I've always thought of his flexing fingers as something he does when he's angry but can't show it. I'm sure it has a calming effect on him and I love it when he does it. I hadn't noticed his stance though after his ship was destroyed though, just another excuse for me to watch it yet again I also loved your "name" skit...it had me in stitches Well done! And....thanks for the link to Sanctuary, I'd been wanting to see something but being in Aus we haven't had anything on TV yet. I have developed an admiration of Chris (to say the least) that came from falling for Todd.
                            I, too, have great admiration for Chris, especially after seeing Sanctuary. When he impressed me there - and gave me chills - I knew it had nothing to do with long flowing hair and green skin, but just because of the actor himself - and his abilitities - even though he was stripped down to his bare essentials.

As far as Todd's hand flexing - another Wraith who does this is the Uber Wraith in Sateda...when he comes down from his throne to face Ronon. In this case, it wasn't agitation, but what I would consider excitement...anticipation for the entertainment Ronon was to provide.

When I think of Todd in The Queen (also FC/TLT spoilers),
                            Spoiler:
                            I do think he was agitated, unless - of course - he likes aggressive women, and she had just turned him on. But I think it was a sign that his patience was wearing thin, and this was made more evident in First Contact when he was obviously already annoyed when he stepped foot on the Daedalus, and this could have added to his reaction when he thought he had been betrayed.

However, I do wonder what he was feeling when he was tormenting Woolsey. My gut feeling is that he was just tormenting him because he could, and that the threat was a bit empty. However, there are two times when I suspect that Todd was very tempted to give into his nature and feed...when Woolsey said that the time shouldn't count toward the minute, and when he had his hand on Woolsey's chest, listening to the Lanteans explanation. It reminded me of how my cat will lick my arm all innocent-like, right before taking a bite. LOL. Todd seemed to 'lick' Woolsey with his finger, as if contemplating whether or not he should take that 'bite'. Like I said, I believe it was all bluff, but at the same time...maybe it wasn't. Maybe Todd was fully prepared to feed on Woolsey, and maybe he even was waiting for Sheppard to give him a good excuse to do it. Imagine how we feel when we see something good to eat - our mouth waters, our tummy growls, our hunger increases. Even though he may have been bluffing, I think physically, Todd's body was preparing to feed...(Too bad he didn't bring some misfortunate Genii soldier along, just for an emergency snack).

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Todd and Sheppard:

das
                              LMAO! The system doesn't allow me to green you. So mental green, as can't give the other.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                Looks like Penny's next Wraith is totally yum...

Todd in BAMSR - tattoo + longer hair, but somewhat the same hairdo.
                                Penny's coming back? When?! Where!? Are there pics? Ohhh, please share, Spikey!

EDIT: Ooops, missed Das' post about the MGM trailer.
                                Spoiler:
                                So you think that's a Penny Wraith in the woods? I thought the Wraith that was shot by Ronon in TLT was a Penny Wraith, too, but when I checked the credits it said "Kenny Wraith - Tyler McClendon" and "Male Wraith - James Chutter". Usually only the "faced" males are credited. (I've never seen a masked soldier credited. Has anyone else?) Either way, I hope that is Kenny (even if it means trouble for Todd). And I hope that's a Penny Wraith in the woods (ha, Kenny & Penny - isn't there a Brit comedy show named that?).
                                And Dave Wraith's "I'm going to enjoy this..." to Carson doesn't bode well to me. For Dave not Carson. Can a Wraith feed off a clone? Safely? Especially a Michael clone. Uh-oh.

mfw
                                Last edited by MyFavoriteWraith; 17 October 2008, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X