Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tubbs was my nickname in elementary school. It's kind of a joke amongst some of my friends. My real name would have been fine too. Tubbs just makes me laugh.
    Oh, okay. I expect Aaron to show up now as Crockett...

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Ah, very interesting. There is one thing I REALLY would like to know -
      Spoiler:
      why did 'Rhys' jump back after the first feeding/gift session with Ronon (in the old shack)? Was that a director's choice just to have your character on the far side of the scene, or did it signify the affect that the 'process' had on the Wraith?

das
      Spoiler:
      Good question. Well, the "procedure" is taxing to both of them. At first he's feeding on him, but then giving life back. So, on the day I told Ken how I wanted to start that scene. Since I was giving life back to him it only makes sense to be exhausted - as though it took all my strength to pry myself off of Ronon, the heavy breathing, etc. Ken agreed, so we tried one and it worked. They were very supportive when it came to trying new and interesting stuff.

Comment

Hey kids! Wanna watch Dolphin-chick try to do a multi-quote tag? Here we go!

dolfynnchick - you do know that SGA will be filming in Vegas shortly, right? Not sure where - don't know if you can ask Mallozzi...

das
        Yeah, I'm not going to ask and I'm not going to go out of my way looking for them as I don't want to be stalker-ish. For all I know they'll be filming near Nellis Air Force Base. If they happen to wander anywhere near my neck of the woods, I'm not responsible for my actions (I'm shy by nature so I'll probably just run away and hide).

Hey guys/gals,

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.

American accent, eh?

Cheers,
        Tyler
        You are a much braver person than I. Don't let Das scare you away, she's harmless. Mostly harmless anyway... So which episodes can we look forward to seeing you in?

Comment

Pleased to meet you Tubbs

And Welcome to the WDC
          sigpic

Comment

Bit random...do the teeth get uncomfortable after a while?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
              Hey kids! Wanna watch Dolphin-chick try to do a multi-quote tag? Here we go!

Yeah, I'm not going to ask and I'm not going to go out of my way looking for them as I don't want to be stalker-ish. For all I know they'll be filming near Nellis Air Force Base. If they happen to wander anywhere near my neck of the woods, I'm not responsible for my actions (I'm shy by nature so I'll probably just run away and hide).

You are a much braver person than I. Don't let Das scare you away, she's harmless. Mostly harmless anyway... So which episodes can we look forward to seeing you in?
              Spoiler:
              LOL.
              I think I have to get permission to release that information.

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                Bit random...do the teeth get uncomfortable after a while?
                Spoiler:
                The can, but the prosthetics team is so on top of things that you can take them out anytime. Same with the contacts, fingernails, etc.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  The can, but the prosthetics team is so on top of things that you can take them out anytime. Same with the contacts, fingernails, etc.
                  I heard they used to put the teeth in first so that they could sort of build up lips/mouth/cheeks around them. Is this still done?

About the nails....any idea what they're actually for? There's been a lot of speculation throughout this thread as towards purpose
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Good question. Well, the "procedure" is taxing to both of them. At first he's feeding on him, but then giving life back. So, on the day I told Ken how I wanted to start that scene. Since I was giving life back to him it only makes sense to be exhausted - as though it took all my strength to pry myself off of Ronon, the heavy breathing, etc. Ken agreed, so we tried one and it worked. They were very supportive when it came to trying new and interesting stuff.
                    Thanks very much for that. I can't remember what I said before regarding my thoughts on that scene, but I think it was something similar. I like your interpretation of it, and it did work well, especially since we did notice it. Sometimes it's hard as the viewer to understand everything, since we sometimes have our own preconceived ideas. So always nice to get a bit of clarification, especially when we're thinking along the right lines. Thank you, again!

There were a couple scenes where I actually got chills...one was the 'Huh. Did I?' comment - very well done. 'No mercy' was good, too...very snakelike. He was proud of himself, wasn't he? I liked how he gave Ronon the sword, and then basically turned his back to him, confident of Ronon's loyalty. And I absolutely loved the 'Welcome back' line...cold son-of-a-gun, that 'Rhys'.

And yeah, I have a tendency to overanalyze Wraith scenes.

But the one that just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up was after the last session, when Ronon has finally accepted the 'gift', and he looks at 'Rhys', and 'Rhys' just gives him this look (the one in my sig) - THAT was very subtle, yet extremely chilling. It was a sort of, 'it was good for me, was it good for you?' moment, where Ronon finally gets it, and the Wraith is like, 'see, I told ya so...'

At least, that's how it came across to me.

Shutting up now...

Thanks for sharing with us!

das
                    Last edited by dasNdanger; 06 August 2008, 08:45 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your answers, Tyler. It's nice that you have some freedom in the way you play your characters.

I have yet another question for you: How uncomfortable is the wraith makeup? Do you forget it after a while, or does it itch all day?
                      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much for that. I can't remember what I said before regarding my thoughts on that scene, but I think it was something similar. I like your interpretation of it, and it did work well, especially since we did notice it. Sometimes it's hard as the viewer to understand everything, since we sometimes have our own preconceived ideas. So always nice to get a bit of clarification, especially when we're thinking along the right lines. Thank you, again!

There were a couple scenes where I actually got chills...one was the 'Huh. Did I?' comment - very well done. 'No mercy' was good, too...very snakelike. He was proud of himself, wasn't he? I liked how he gave Ronon the sword, and then basically turned his back on him, confident of Ronon's loyalty. And I absolutely loved the 'Welcome back' line...cold son-of-a-gun, that 'Rhys'.

And yeah, I have a tendency to overanalyze Wraith scenes.

But the one that just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up was after the last session, when Ronon has finally accepted the 'gift', and he looks at 'Rhys', and 'Rhys' just gives him this look (the one in my sig) - THAT was very subtle, yet extremely chilling. It was a sort of, 'it was good for me, was it good for you?' moment, where Ronon finally gets it, and the Wraith is like, 'see, I told ya so...'

At least, that's how it came across to me.

Shutting up now...

Thanks for sharing with us!

das
                        Spoiler:
                        Cool. Well, thanks for the kudos.
                        It's nice to know that someone out there is paying attention to the details. In future episodes, it will keep me accountable for my acting choices. So, kudos to you guys for having a hand in that.
                        I have way to many lines to memorize, so I must sign off.

Keep in touch,
                        -Tyler

Comment

good luck with memorizing them! -

so that you can send more pleasant shudders down our spines

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for coming and talking with us, it was most kind
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                              Thanks for your answers, Tyler. It's nice that you have some freedom in the way you play your characters.

I have yet another question for you: How uncomfortable is the wraith makeup? Do you forget it after a while, or does it itch all day?
                              Spoiler:
                              Picture a bead of sweat running down your face without being able to itch it.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Picture a bead of sweat running down your face without being able to itch it.
                                Eek. You should get a medal for getting through this to entertain us SGA and wraith fans.
                                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X