X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*nods* see, I didn't finish writing my post and Das pounced
    sigpic

Comment

Well, actors tend to have spare time once in a blue moon.

Muffin? Let's see I think it was a cranberry, blueberry something or other. That was on Outsiders. I'm not giving anything away - Joe wrote it on his blog.

Comment

*gets all bouncy*

a very warm welcome to the WDC, tubbs

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
          The first point I can understand actually. Individual gains in intelligence and such for the good of the hive may make a huge difference, but individual losses may not. The loss of an entire Hive ship on the other hand....well. I suppose it all depends on where you put your worth.

I have wondered if the second point was more out of just a general lack of...background for the Wraith in terms of culture.

And....if what tubbs says is true, then my respect for him just went up hundred-fold for this

....however, also if it is true, you must have been a very brave ah...Wraith to set foot in this thread indeed!
          Ugh. Yeah. I was going to go back and take out all my naughty comments about 'Rhys' (a.k.a. Tyler Wraith)...but then couldn't remember where they were. I know I said something over on Mallozzi's blog about being a willing worshipper , and in a couple other threads here. NOT sure what I said in this one, though...I hope it doesn't embarrass me...

Ugh. Just remembered something I said when we saw those backlot pics.

Well...what can I say...if that is you Tyler, you make one fine figure of a Wraith! Hope to see more of you...I mean...more appearances of you as a Wraith, not 'more of you' as in anything untowards...

Shutting up now...

Oh, and here...just for funsies...

Spoiler:

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
            Well, actors tend to have spare time once in a blue moon.

Muffin? Let's see I think it was a cranberry, blueberry something or other. That was on Outsiders. I'm not giving anything away - Joe wrote it on his blog.
            Oh, crap...you read that, too?

das
            sigpic

Comment

We (or...I ) scared him away... And right when I was going to ask a serious question, too...

I really want to know if they tell the actors what those finger armor thingys are for. I was also a bit curious about his take on the feeding/gift of life process...and his approach to it. Oh well, maybe another time.

das
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                Ugh. Yeah. I was going to go back and take out all my naughty comments about 'Rhys' (a.k.a. Tyler Wraith)...but then couldn't remember where they were. I know I said something over on Mallozzi's blog about being a willing worshipper , and in a couple other threads here. NOT sure what I said in this one, though...I hope it doesn't embarrass me...

Ugh. Just remembered something I said when we saw those backlot pics.

Well...what can I say...if that is you Tyler, you make one fine figure of a Wraith! Hope to see more of you...I mean...more appearances of you as a Wraith, not 'more of you' as in anything untowards...

Shutting up now...

Oh, and here...just for funsies...

Spoiler:

das
                Hee, I'm trying to remember if the left one is him, the one I put forward to be named Dave....

I think there are many who would be willing worshippers, given the chance
                sigpic

Comment

If I was offended by anything anyone had written, I wouldn't have dropped a line. Censorship kills inspiration.

Comment

Spoilers for the Siege and Allies:
                    Spoiler:
                    But didn't the last Wraith hive ship retreat after the other two were disposed of during The Siege trilogy? I was pretty sure it happened in another early one as well, but can't remember at the moment. The Allies thing...was that a trick? I thought they were just getting McKay to do some repairs, capture him, and they got the information to modify the hyperdrives themselves via the virus/worm thing in the Atlantis computers. Was the retreat to show/prove they needed the technology to the people in Atlantis or something? I was under the impression it was genuine.
                    I honestly don't remember in "The Siege". Now that I think of it, I believe only the cruisers retreated (but yeah, they did), while the darts hurled themselves onto Atlantis in an attempt to destroy it.

In "Allies", the "friendly" hive attacked an "enemy" hive with the help of the Daedalus, but it didn't turn well and they had to flee. After that, Rodney and Ronon went on the "friendly" hive to make repairs. The wraith scientist explained that they used to have keepers who knew everything about hive ships, but now, they needed Rodney's help to reroute circuits and such. In my mind, it was a trick and the rerouting was only meant to have Rodney adapt their hyperdrives into an evolved version -- without him understanding what was going on.

On the other hand, it's true Todd wanted to leave in "Spoils of War". But it's Todd, who knows when to break the rules.

Just checked out Broken Ties and all of your feedback on the ep. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your comments (good or bad). The support has been pretty cool.
                    Hi Tyler!! While you're here, I have a question for you: To what extend do you actors get hints about your characters in the script? For example, does the script say "at this point, the character smiles", or "at this point, the character feels this and that" or "at this point, the character remembers this and that"? Does the script include elements that will never be shown on screen, or later?

For example, about the "Broken Ties" wraith:
                    Spoiler:

Did he understand that Tyre was intending to blow himself up with the facility? If yes, why did he let the others go, is it because he was so self-confident that he couldn't imagine Tyre refusing his Gift?

Though we have seen Wraith ships leave a battle, individual Wraith do not retreat. They advance, and keep on advancing...almost a foolish thing, if you ask me. We see it in both The Siege and Sateda, it's as if they have no concept of 'retreat and regroup'. They just keep on coming, often engaging in suicide missions like kamikazis. Bob probably knew his mission was a suicide mission, but he certainly did not shy away from it. And even when outnumbered, an individual Wraith will attack...not sure if that's their nature, or just bad writing.
                    Hmm, it can be explained logically. First, they don't value individual life a lot (cf. the 2nd point). Second, they are probably so used to their own superiority against humans that they don't feel the need for tactics.

Of course, the Lanteans have no mercy for their enemies, either...
                    Except when they show more mercy to Kolya than Todd.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

Hee, I'm trying to remember if the left one is him, the one I put forward to be named Dave....

I think there are many who would be willing worshippers, given the chance
                      Tyler is the giggly one. We haven't given him a name yet for that epi. 'Dave' (Aaron) is the one that had to unzip...

If I was offended by anything anyone had written, I wouldn't have dropped a line. Censorship kills inspiration.
                      Very kind of you. We sometimes get a bit...gushy. But we also enjoy the deeper discussions. Are you allowed to tell us how many episodes you will be in in S5?

And I know I said it somewhere - I totally enjoyed your portrayal. On Sunday I re-watched Broken Ties with a friend who's a longtime SG1/SGA fan, and she's absolutely petrified of the Wraith - she screamed (literally) everytime the Wraith appeared on the screen. It was really kinda funny...since the Wraith have an opposite affect on me.

We made quite the pair.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry if my replies aren't very fast. I'm just figuring out your forum. I have some answers. . .

Comment

Sorry if my replies aren't very fast. I'm just figuring out your forum. I have some answers. . .
                          "We are a patient race..."

I'm curious - why 'tubbs', and not your real name (like Bam Bam and others have done)?

das
                          sigpic

Comment

okay, got it

Spoiler:
                            Yes, sometimes things are written into the script. For example, ". . . the Wraith casts an evil smile in Tyres direction." But if the actor has a more interesting choice for that moment, they can do what they want. It's up to the director to accept or refuse the actor's choice.

Regarding Tyre: "Rhys" didn't really have a choice either way. He was dying. Fast. So, though Rhys was clever enough to know what Tyre was up to, his only choice was a last ditch effort to bring him back.

Comment

"We are a patient race..."

I'm curious - why 'tubbs', and not your real name (like Bam Bam and others have done)?

das
                              Spoiler:
                              Tubbs was my nickname in elementary school. It's kind of a joke amongst some of my friends. My real name would have been fine too. Tubbs just makes me laugh.

Comment

okay, got it

Spoiler:
                                Yes, sometimes things are written into the script. For example, ". . . the Wraith casts an evil smile in Tyres direction." But if the actor has a more interesting choice for that moment, they can do what they want. It's up to the director to accept or refuse the actor's choice.

Regarding Tyre: "Rhys" didn't really have a choice either way. He was dying. Fast. So, though Rhys was clever enough to know what Tyre was up to, his only choice was a last ditch effort to bring him back.
                                Ah, very interesting. There is one thing I REALLY would like to know -
                                Spoiler:
                                why did 'Rhys' jump back after the first feeding/gift session with Ronon (in the old shack)? Was that a director's choice just to have your character on the far side of the scene, or did it signify the affect that the 'process' had on the Wraith?

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X