• Show
Clear All

A Steve Icon can be found here!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
      WOW, gone 3 days and look ant all the excitement iv missed
      (well that me i guess, a day late and a dollar short)

Tyler- brave, brave man to come in here, but thanks for the insight. Its nice to know that some much thought went into Rhys. We have the tendency to pick up all the small details and obsess over them.

Welcome to all new members!!

Wraithie- Happy b-day

SH- thats for the reply from JM.
      Yup! Missed a bunch! I took one evening out and missed Mr. McClendon!

And Thankies for the B-Day wishes!
      Wraithie
      sigpic

Comment

I think that the Wraith are just trying to get buy, they can't help their instincts or that they have to feed on people. I also can't help but think that they are cool. I just think that there are too many of them right now. It's kind of like rabbits, you have to have a hunting season or they'll end up killing a lot of things including themselves in the end! Still I would defend a Wraith in a court of law!

About the breeding, I think that the queen just clones the drones. I think that the male and other queen Wraith are born just like any other human. There are some clues to this throughout the seasons, mostly three and four. Also, what about color? I have always wondered if there were different colors of Wraith, like with humans. We saw an almost Caucasian colored Wraith in Allies, according to the commentary though, it was a mistake, still, I think it might be nice to show diversity. And one more thing, does the color of the hair change with age?
        Last edited by Meganone06; 09 August 2008, 01:00 PM. Reason: Just adding on.

CLICK MY DRAGONS AND HELP THEM GROW UP! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!)
        Or click here: http://dragcave.net/user/Meganone06
        These are my friend and neighbors babies, she is new so please be nice to her!

This is her scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/SmokeyRose

Comment

welcome to WDC, meganone06

those are good questions - will think about them

sigpic

Comment

I was away for about a week and...WOW! Did I miss the best discussions and above all... THE VISIT.

Originally posted by tubbs View Post
            Spoiler:
            Cool. Well, thanks for the kudos.
            It's nice to know that someone out there is paying attention to the details. In future episodes, it will keep me accountable for my acting choices. So, kudos to you guys for having a hand in that.
            I have way to many lines to memorize, so I must sign off.

Keep in touch,
            -Tyler
            THANK YOU FOR COMING HERE! Almost like having a real live Wraith.

I always say that it is difficult to enter another's mind and personality and become that other--that's what makes an actor and how their talent and greatness is measured: but, entering the mind and personality of someone how is not even human, but quite complex and intelligent, like a Wraith, must be doubly difficult.

Rhys was fascinating, and presented himself in a way no other Wraith did. He had just the right amount of coldness; and yet, he was oddly... hum... paternal. It was very odd. And very well done.

Welcome, and I hope you return.

Also, I suppose you'll miss this post. Sigh...

Now, the fact that you have 'lines to memorize', does this give us hope that you are returning to SGA; as a Wraith?

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
            Hi Everyone!

Welcome to all the new WDC members -- I've been busy with real life and have just been lurking. But it's always wonderful to see new members join us.

Did I see that we had a real live Wraith actor visit our little thread? Excellent!

For those that don't visit Joe Mallozzi's blog, I thought I would pass along some information from today's entry. He had a guest blogger today: Alan MuCullough one of the writer/producers of SGA, who kindly answered some of das's questions. das hasn't been by here yet tonight to share this with everyone. I don't want to steal her thunder, but I think there is some stuff here worth discussing. There are no spoilers, so I'll just post them openly:

I'm almost afraid to start the whole Wraith reproduction thing again. Get your cold showers running gang. It looks like they still haven't decided exactly what's involved in the whole, um, process, but there is definitely male genetic material involved. At least there will be if Alan M. is writing it. So for the moment they are leaving it up to our over-active imaginations. We always knew that there was a difference between the cloning and regular reproduction, but we still don't know if there are differences between how the commanders and drones come to be.

And on the positive side: the Wraith in general are here to stay and TPTB dorealize they are an asset to the show!

YES! I like these answers!!!!

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            I'm just that bit cynical when it comes to what they do with Wraith. I'm genuinely expecting to see some male hooked up to a chair like the one in Spoils. McKay will then see it and say something like "Well, they are descended from insects." As we all know, look in any beehive, ant or termite nest and there are the Queens secreting genetic material into pods.
            Yeah, probably... They've been very 'proper' in that department. But, I don't think the public at large is ready for a Wraith love affair.

Tyler- brave, brave man to come in here, but thanks for the insight. Its nice to know that some much thought went into Rhys. We have the tendency to pick up all the small details and obsess over them.

Welcome to all new members!!

Wraithie- Happy b-day

SH- thats for the reply from JM.
            You and me, both. Missed the best part. What a bummer!

And WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!!!
            HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

I've been lurking...but kinda busy and haven't been able to post...so trying to catch up...

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              Erf for your last sentence. Human-feeding wraith as soldiers is not a good idea, because they have to feed even during times of peace. On a personal note, I find wraith a perfect solution against overpopulation, but well...
              I've thought of that - but then...who do you feed to them? It would be easy to say 'the criminals' - but we saw how that worked in Condemned - eventually, truly innocent people will become Wraith food. It is really such a hard call, and that's why I can only logically justify it (in real life terms) in a situation where death at the hands of another is 'acceptable' - in acts of war, or self-defense.

That's why I prefer to focus on the Wraith as purely fictional characters where real life rules don't apply. Then, they are free to feed on anyone...and hopefully, they'll start with the Genii.

Seriously, even if the wraith could find another way of subsistence, and of course especially if they don't, most humans would never accept them. We are not even able to accept each other because of futile matter such as skin colour or a difference in religion!
              This is very true, and EXACTLY why I want them to find an alternative food source - to show that humans still won't accept them, no matter what they eat. It could make for some very deep and interesting storylines.

Just called in to catch up on the conversations. Season 5 starts the week after next in the UK so it won't be too long before I can join in the discussions again. Am really looking forward to seeing Broken Ties.
              Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. And looking forward to you rejoining the discussions!

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
              Yes Das...I can see it.

Todd and Sheppard in the Atlantis cafeteria.
              Sheppard : Here you should try this.
              Todd (sniffs on the thing Sheppard handed him) : What is this?
              Sheppard : It's called turkey sandwich.
              Todd (looks at the sandwich,to Sheppard and back on the sandwich)
              Sheppard : Try it. It's tasty.
              Todd (takes a bite,shows dislike) : You REALLY eat this?
              Sheppard : Oh crap. You gotta be kidding. Those are delicious!
              Todd : Whatever...
              Hee! Exactly! I'd love to see Todd - if they find an alt. food - become addicted to weird stuff...like...liver and jellybeans, or something. Just really weird concoctions that would turn our stomachs, but that Todd finds irresistible.

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
              @das: I can definitely see the elite forces side of the Wraith...just braid and cover their hair or they might as well be glowing in the dark! (I heartily and with great ferver volunteer for that job!). As for the Wraith wrestlers, I can see the build up for those matches....
              Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
              ...and the fight still continues... "Un-be-lievable!"
              You two - TOO funny!!! Thanks for that!

Can Wraith blush? I don't know about their faces, but their hair turns pink every now and then...

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
              ...Did I see that we had a real live Wraith actor visit our little thread? Excellent!

For those that don't visit Joe Mallozzi's blog, I thought I would pass along some information from today's entry. He had a guest blogger today: Alan MuCullough one of the writer/producers of SGA, who kindly answered some of das's questions. das hasn't been by here yet tonight to share this with everyone. I don't want to steal her thunder, but I think there is some stuff here worth discussing. There are no spoilers, so I'll just post them openly:

I'm almost afraid to start the whole Wraith reproduction thing again. Get your cold showers running gang. It looks like they still haven't decided exactly what's involved in the whole, um, process, but there is definitely male genetic material involved. At least there will be if Alan M. is writing it. So for the moment they are leaving it up to our over-active imaginations. We always knew that there was a difference between the cloning and regular reproduction, but we still don't know if there are differences between how the commanders and drones come to be.

And on the positive side: the Wraith in general are here to stay and TPTB dorealize they are an asset to the show!
              I love Alan for reassuring us like that.

Thanks, SH, for posting that, too. I've just been a bit busy, lately...even now I'm doing like - ten things at once. Ugh.

If I knew Alan would answer all my questions, I would have asked a couple more intelligent ones... heh.

I'm not worried about Wraith reproduction, it'll be interesting, no matter what. And, as long as they have those 'prongs' that DeLuise spoke about, I'm sure that - even if they don't use them in the human way amongst themselves - you gals can still teach 'em a thing or two once you catch one.

Speaking of which - it WAS really brave for Tyler to visit the thread, eh?

I'm still wondering how Iratus bugs, which lay eggs, evolved Wraith Queens who secrete genetic material into pods. They didn't get this from their human ancestry. Logic suggests that any males involved leave their contributions in the pods as well. The method would have to be the same as the Queens' because it has to be suitable for family viewing if TPTB ever want to give details.
              Okay - now you've just put some very disturbing images in my head...like...a Wraith, all alone with a naughty magazine and a pod. Personally, I'd prefer to imagine them experimenting with tissue samples and stuff...like a bunch of Dr. Frankensteins.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              I hardly doubt they're gonna show us how they do it...

So even the human version of it could be correct. It is, after all, a good way of getting genetic material from males with the females.
              I betcha any guys reading this thread are looking at their handsome faces in the mirror, wondering why they can't get a date, while dudes with greasy green skin, no eyebrows and extra nostrils on their face have a bunch of gals fantasizing about their mating rituals. Must be very frustrating for the guys (hmmmm...maybe that's why Sheppard hates them so much...)

I'm just that bit cynical when it comes to what they do with Wraith. I'm genuinely expecting to see some male hooked up to a chair like the one in Spoils. McKay will then see it and say something like "Well, they are descended from insects." As we all know, look in any beehive, ant or termite nest and there are the Queens secreting genetic material into pods.
              I wouldn't mind something like that. But then again...I'm not into ships.

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
              I was away for about a week and...WOW! Did I miss the best discussions and above all... THE VISIT.

THANK YOU FOR COMING HERE! Almost like having a real live Wraith.

I always say that it is difficult to enter another's mind and personality and become that other--that's what makes an actor and how their talent and greatness is measured: but, entering the mind and personality of someone how is not even human, but quite complex and intelligent, like a Wraith, must be doubly difficult.

Rhys was fascinating, and presented himself in a way no other Wraith did. He had just the right amount of coldness; and yet, he was oddly... hum... paternal. It was very odd. And very well done.

Welcome, and I hope you return.

Also, I suppose you'll miss this post. Sigh...

Now, the fact that you have 'lines to memorize', does this give us hope that you are returning to SGA; as a Wraith?

Yeah, probably... They've been very 'proper' in that department. But, I don't think the public at large is ready for a Wraith love affair.
              Yes, it was great for Tyler to stop by!! And...well...it does seem he's going to be in another yet-to-be filmed episode - lol - maybe he WILL invade earth and become a showgirl in Vegas, JUST like my dream! LOLOL!

T64, interesting that you described Rhys as 'paternal'. There is something there that I just can't put my finger on, and perhaps that's it...there is a different sort of relationship between this Wraith and 'his' humans. I had described it as 'casual', or familiar...but now I'm wondering if it was something else. Whatever it was, I liked it. Though I love the elegant superiority of Steve, and the sleaziness of 'Eddie', and the cool arrogance of 'Erik', most of the earlier Wraith were 'distant' from their human tormentors (). With Todd and Micheal we see those barriers drop a little, but they had 'reason' to be a bit more personable with the humans. When we are introduced to Rhys, he already has one human groveling to be taken back by him, and another being persuaded to join him - Tyre, the loyal son, being replaced by the prodigal. Yes, in this regard, Rhys becomes the father figure.

Originally posted by Meganone06 View Post
              I think that the Wraith are just trying to get buy, they can't help their instincts or that they have to feed on people. I also can't help but think that they are cool. I just think that there are too many of them right now. It's kind of like rabbits, you have to have a hunting season or they'll end up killing a lot of things including themselves in the end! Still I would defend a Wraith in a court of law!
              Couldn't agree with you more! Can I join the legal team?!

About the breeding, I think that the queen just clones the drones. I think that the male and other queen Wraith are born just like any other human. There are some clues to this throughout the seasons, mostly three and four. Also, what about color? I have always wondered if there were different colors of Wraith, like with humans. We saw an almost Caucasian colored Wraith in Allies, according to the commentary though, it was a mistake, still, I think it might be nice to show diversity. And one more thing, does the color of the hair change with age?
              Alan M. explained that the Queen secretes genetic material (this is their natural way of reproducing, the same way it would occur on hive ships). But in the case of the cloning facility, after she produced a few drones naturally, the Wraith scientists then cloned those originals to make more warriors, faster. The question is - is this how faced Wraith are created, too? For instance, could Todd be 'an original', while the Heyerdahl Wraith from No Man's Land/Misbegotten was a clone? This is what they still need to establish.

And I don't want TOO much diversity in the Wraith, I kinda like 'em slippery and green and crowned with long white locks. I'm still not so sure about those bald suckers...they just aren't as pretty...

das
              sigpic

Comment

Night on Atlantis.

Todd, newly adapted to eating 'human' food, has taken on the task of selecting foods for his hive. He is standing in the middle of the Atlantis pantry, surrounded by rows and rows of foodstuff. He has in one hand, his feeding hand, a pickle
                and in the other a chocolate covered Haagen Dasz chocolate icecream bar.

He takes a bite of the pickle and chews slowly, making a face. He then takes a bite of the icecream bar and purrs.

Sheppard comes in.

"Ah, Sheppard," Todd murmurs. He takes another bite of the pickle and then the icecream.

Sheppard looks on. "Are you pregnant?"

Todd looks at him with narrowed eyes. "What does THAT mean?" He throws the half eaten pickle back in the jar.

"Don't do that!" Sheppard exclaims. "We might want to eat from that."

"What is pregnant?"

"Well... Don't take this the wrong way... But, among humans, when a woman eats pickles and icecream, she's probably pregnant."

"Are you calling me a girlie Wraith?" Todd looks feral. He's flexing the fingers of his feeding hand.

"I was only joking..."

"Human humor. Bah!" He takes a step closer to Sheppard. "What is pregnant?"

"It means when you are... uh... you know... about to give birth..."

Todd tilts his head displaying incomprehension.

"It means when you are about to... well... reproduce little Wraiths."

Todd looks indignantly at Sheppard. "What is it with you humans? Every conversation appears to end in a discussion about this reproduction."

"Well... it's kind of fun..." Sheppard makes a face. "Most of us think it's fun. Someone like Rodney, well..." He looks at Todd. "Why do you say that?"

"Doctor Keller asked me how Wraiths reproduce."

"Oh!" Sheppards eyebrows go up. "She did?"

"Yes. She was all smiles. Her voice was different. I think she was having what you call fun."

Sheppard's eyebrows go up. "Doctor Keller?"

Todd gives a little purr. "She's a sweet little tidbit--"

"Don't even think of it!"

"Hm..." Todd looks at the shelf in front of him and picks a small jar. He unscrews it and sniffs. "What is this?"

Sheppard reads the label. "Caviar. But, tell me, what did you tell Doctor Keller?"

"You too?"

"You too what?"

"You like me 'that way' also?"

Sheppard takes a big step back. "If I didn't know that you have no idea what you just said, I would just blast you!"

Todd hisses back at Sheppard. "What did I say that I have no idea?"

"If I told you, you would feed on me; I think..." Sheppard peers at Todd. "What with this 'like you that way' and Doctor Keller?"

"Doctor Keller told me that she wanted to know how Wraiths reproduced because she liked me.. that way."

"Get out of here! Doctor Keller?" Sheppard looks sideways at Todd. "You realize what she told you?"

"No. She was acting very odd. She wanted to give me a full physical, as she called it. She told me to undress and put on this kind of gown that closes in the back--"

"It means nothing," Sheppard interupts, urgently. "If only Rodney knew..."

"She thinks I have nice hair."

"I bet she does."

"I threatened to feed on her if she asks me again to strip, and she told me she would not mind me nibbling on her." Todd dips his finger in the caviar and takes a bit. He tastes it. "mmmmm. I like this."

"Why doesn't that surprise me."

Todd takes another jar, this one of honey. He puts the caviar in the honey, mixes it with his finger then tastes it. "Oh... Oooooh... Now, this, this my hive can live on."

"Oh great! Caviar! Do you realize what that would cost, to feed the Wraiths with caviar?"

"To use your own words--where idoes the part where I care come in?"

"When I have to tell Earth that they need to ship ten thousands tons of caviar--" Sheppard points at the small jar with the black caviar. "You know that's fish eggs."

Todd looks at the small black beads more carefully. "Fish eggs?"

"Yeah, big fish, no scales, looks a bit like wraiths. Very ancient." Sheppard has an idea. "Actually, I think they might be a branch of the Wraiths, the Ancients played with."

Todd makes a face. "Really?"

"Yes. And these are produced by the sturgeon queen when she mates with the male sturgeon and... ahem... reproduces. As for the honey--"

Todd looks at him suspiciously and with obvious digust on his face.

"--as for the honey, that's made by bees to be fed to their offsprings."

Todd looks horrifed at the jar of honey and caviar. He tosses it on the floor, where it breaks and spreads out in a gooey mess. He storms out of the pantry, muttering.

"Where are you going?" Sheppard calls after him.

"To strip for Doctor Keller. I think I might do better with that."
                HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

that is great traveler! . just great!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Okay - now you've just put some very disturbing images in my head...like...a Wraith, all alone with a naughty magazine and a pod.
                    I dread to think what the Wraith version of a naughty magazine would be like. Maybe we'd better tiptoe away from that one without looking back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Steve icons!

http://ga-unicorn.livejournal.com/11499.html#cutid1

Comment

Hello and welcome to Meganone06, Replicator Fifth, Famrir and Mariellelita

Spoiler:
                        Night on Atlantis.

Todd, newly adapted to eating 'human' food, has taken on the task of selecting foods for his hive. He is standing in the middle of the Atlantis pantry, surrounded by rows and rows of foodstuff. He has in one hand, his feeding hand, a pickle
                        and in the other a chocolate covered Haagen Dasz chocolate icecream bar.

He takes a bite of the pickle and chews slowly, making a face. He then takes a bite of the icecream bar and purrs.

Sheppard comes in.

"Ah, Sheppard," Todd murmurs. He takes another bite of the pickle and then the icecream.

Sheppard looks on. "Are you pregnant?"

Todd looks at him with narrowed eyes. "What does THAT mean?" He throws the half eaten pickle back in the jar.

"Don't do that!" Sheppard exclaims. "We might want to eat from that."

"What is pregnant?"

"Well... Don't take this the wrong way... But, among humans, when a woman eats pickles and icecream, she's probably pregnant."

"Are you calling me a girlie Wraith?" Todd looks feral. He's flexing the fingers of his feeding hand.

"I was only joking..."

"Human humor. Bah!" He takes a step closer to Sheppard. "What is pregnant?"

"It means when you are... uh... you know... about to give birth..."

Todd tilts his head displaying incomprehension.

"It means when you are about to... well... reproduce little Wraiths."

Todd looks indignantly at Sheppard. "What is it with you humans? Every conversation appears to end in a discussion about this reproduction."

"Well... it's kind of fun..." Sheppard makes a face. "Most of us think it's fun. Someone like Rodney, well..." He looks at Todd. "Why do you say that?"

"Doctor Keller asked me how Wraiths reproduce."

"Oh!" Sheppards eyebrows go up. "She did?"

"Yes. She was all smiles. Her voice was different. I think she was having what you call fun."

Sheppard's eyebrows go up. "Doctor Keller?"

Todd gives a little purr. "She's a sweet little tidbit--"

"Don't even think of it!"

"Hm..." Todd looks at the shelf in front of him and picks a small jar. He unscrews it and sniffs. "What is this?"

Sheppard reads the label. "Caviar. But, tell me, what did you tell Doctor Keller?"

"You too?"

"You too what?"

"You like me 'that way' also?"

Sheppard takes a big step back. "If I didn't know that you have no idea what you just said, I would just blast you!"

Todd hisses back at Sheppard. "What did I say that I have no idea?"

"If I told you, you would feed on me; I think..." Sheppard peers at Todd. "What with this 'like you that way' and Doctor Keller?"

"Doctor Keller told me that she wanted to know how Wraiths reproduced because she liked me.. that way."

"Get out of here! Doctor Keller?" Sheppard looks sideways at Todd. "You realize what she told you?"

"No. She was acting very odd. She wanted to give me a full physical, as she called it. She told me to undress and put on this kind of gown that closes in the back--"

"It means nothing," Sheppard interupts, urgently. "If only Rodney knew..."

"She thinks I have nice hair."

"I bet she does."

"I threatened to feed on her if she asks me again to strip, and she told me she would not mind me nibbling on her." Todd dips his finger in the caviar and takes a bit. He tastes it. "mmmmm. I like this."

"Why doesn't that surprise me."

Todd takes another jar, this one of honey. He puts the caviar in the honey, mixes it with his finger then tastes it. "Oh... Oooooh... Now, this, this my hive can live on."

"Oh great! Caviar! Do you realize what that would cost, to feed the Wraiths with caviar?"

"To use your own words--where idoes the part where I care come in?"

"When I have to tell Earth that they need to ship ten thousands tons of caviar--" Sheppard points at the small jar with the black caviar. "You know that's fish eggs."

Todd looks at the small black beads more carefully. "Fish eggs?"

"Yeah, big fish, no scales, looks a bit like wraiths. Very ancient." Sheppard has an idea. "Actually, I think they might be a branch of the Wraiths, the Ancients played with."

Todd makes a face. "Really?"

"Yes. And these are produced by the sturgeon queen when she mates with the male sturgeon and... ahem... reproduces. As for the honey--"

Todd looks at him suspiciously and with obvious digust on his face.

"--as for the honey, that's made by bees to be fed to their offsprings."

Todd looks horrifed at the jar of honey and caviar. He tosses it on the floor, where it breaks and spreads out in a gooey mess. He storms out of the pantry, muttering.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
                        The image of Todd stipping is sooooooo.........ughhhhhhh!

A Friday - actually Saturday for me - without an episode of Stargate Atlantis! Very bad experience and for what? Because the TV networks have decided that the people will be more fond of watching the openings of the Olympic games than their favourite show?! Perhaps some the managers of these TV companies think we are idiots or may be just regular morons?
                        How they expect me to watch the opening of the Games in a country like China? I still can't forget when I wasted my money and free holiday time three years ago and signed up for the excurssion in Beijing and Xian. Have you ever eaten soup Long Fu Fung? No? Well this is something like a delicatessen in China - and it means soup from dragon, tiger and phoenix. But as we all know there are no such creatures anymore - may be the Ancient Chineeses have cooked them all? - that's why the soup is made from meat of a snake, chiken and cat! Yes cats! And when I was there I saw dogs in the market - yes, they eat dogs and that is not a joke. No one from the Chineeses seemed worried that they eat intelligent creatures like cats and dogs and that the dogs are severly tortured before being cooked! This is a country of barbarians and monsters that called themselves humans. Sorry for the off topic but I am sooo frustrated with all that stuff so I had to express my upset!
                        Last edited by female Wraith; 10 August 2008, 02:06 AM.
                        LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                        Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
                        http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
                        My fan fiction

Comment

*Dyes her hair blond*

*Puts on a doctor's coat that says "Dr. Keller 2"*

*Eyes Todd walking into the infirmary*

*Points finger at name tag*

Todd:

Me: Hiiii.

Comment

You know, you *could* have put that thing in spoiler tags, if you felt the need to quote it all...

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              I've thought of that - but then...who do you feed to them? It would be easy to say 'the criminals' - but we saw how that worked in Condemned - eventually, truly innocent people will become Wraith food. It is really such a hard call, and that's why I can only logically justify it (in real life terms) in a situation where death at the hands of another is 'acceptable' - in acts of war, or self-defense.
                              That's why I prefer to focus on the Wraith as purely fictional characters where real life rules don't apply. Then, they are free to feed on anyone...and hopefully, they'll start with the Genii.
                              Actually, I find it to be an interesting moral question if you keep the real life rules: Whatever your choice, you must sacrifice a life... Who (and how) do you choose?

Then there's a matter of balance. A single wraith on Earth wouldn't make much of a difference, while a full armada of hives might cull Earth to extinction. I'm sure you could feed a single wraith just with volunteers with suicidal tendencies and wraith addicts like us.

This is very true, and EXACTLY why I want them to find an alternative food source - to show that humans still won't accept them, no matter what they eat. It could make for some very deep and interesting storylines.
                              I agree, it would be very interesting to see. There's also the problem of blaming someone for other people's misdeeds. Ronon hated Ellia although she obviously had nothing to do with the destruction of Sateda or his years as a runner.

Hee! Exactly! I'd love to see Todd - if they find an alt. food - become addicted to weird stuff...like...liver and jellybeans, or something. Just really weird concoctions that would turn our stomachs, but that Todd finds irresistible.
                              If it happens, I hope that TPTB won't forget the "disgusting" way Shawn ate in "Condemned".

Okay - now you've just put some very disturbing images in my head...like...a Wraith, all alone with a naughty magazine and a pod. Personally, I'd prefer to imagine them experimenting with tissue samples and stuff...like a bunch of Dr. Frankensteins.
                              As for me, I imagine them mating in a violent way that leads to the death of the make. There are very disturbing things among insects when you look at it!

Alan M. explained that the Queen secretes genetic material (this is their natural way of reproducing, the same way it would occur on hive ships). But in the case of the cloning facility, after she produced a few drones naturally, the Wraith scientists then cloned those originals to make more warriors, faster. The question is - is this how faced Wraith are created, too? For instance, could Todd be 'an original', while the Heyerdahl Wraith from No Man's Land/Misbegotten was a clone? This is what they still need to establish.
                              We know that the cloning facility had not been used in millenniums (probably since the war with the Ancients), so I highly doubt that wraith are clones as a general rule. Some cloned wraith might be still alive since the war, but most wraith are probably just normal wraith.

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                              Night on Atlantis.
                              Todd, newly adapted to eating 'human' food, has taken on the task of selecting foods for his hive. He is standing in the middle of the Atlantis pantry, surrounded by rows and rows of foodstuff. He has in one hand, his feeding hand, a pickle and in the other a chocolate covered Haagen Dasz chocolate icecream bar.
                              [snip for length]
                              Bwahaha! Poor Todd, humans are so weird (and mean)!

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
                              A Friday - actually Saturday for me - without an episode of Stargate Atlantis! Very bad experience and for what? Because the TV networks have decided that the people will be more fond of watching the openings of the Olympic games than their favourite show?! Perhaps some the managers of these TV companies think we are idiots or may be just regular morons?
                              Actually, as much as I despise sport on TV, I support their decision to skip a week if it means a better chance to get a season 6 next year.
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

T64- OMG you'v out done yourself. That was way too funny. I almost choked on my coffee.

Lauradove- im with in that if skipping a week means we have a better chance of a S6 Im all for it.

Meganone06- welcome!

The games: Personally i dont care to watch, just give me the tally at the end.
                                Last edited by masterling; 10 August 2008, 06:57 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X