• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post
    Topless Todd under tags!!

Spoiler:

Made you look!!!

His finished size is roughly that of a 2 month old infant, which is great because now I can buy him ridiculous clothes instead of making them myself. I still have to make the wraith coat myself though (they should really sell those at Walmart ). In fact the pants he's wearing are baby pants.

Also:

What do you think, should I get some blue fabric glue to add some dimension to his wraithy bling?

Toddie the Todd plushie is finished! Now all he needs are some clothes!
    He is totally and perfectly adorable! And... wow! It actually looks like him. No idea how you got that done!

I really wish I had one of these. Me and everyone else on the WDC...
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Awmygoshhe'ssocute!!!!
      "Wøøf!"

Comment

I just watched "The Seed" and I am wondering.

Spoiler:
        Do the Wraith use humans as host to build their hiveships and, If they do what happens to the person. Do they become integrated into the ship it's self? This episode leads to a lot of speculation on how their ships are built. It seems when the PTB write stories where it concerns the Wraith they create a lot more questions that don't get answered.
        anyways it was a good episode.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
          @Laura Dove: It isn't merely finger jewelry. It's a Wraith feeding tool, as well as being somewhat ornamental. It's tip is a small blade that is often used for tearing/cutting the webbing their food is cocooned in for keeping. They can also aid in gripping their intended meal. There doesn't seem to be any rule for which hand the implement is worn. Some wear them only on their feeding hand, while others wear them on either/both hands.

Some of the implements are very simple in appearance while others can be quite ornate and appear to be in multiple parts covering the back of the hand and the wrist. They do not appear to have anything to do with rank.

Wraithie
          Thank you for the info. For some reason that 'jewelry' has always gotten my attention.

In CG, Todd did not have the 'jewelry' but he still left cuts in Shep's skin.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          Thanks for the details Wraithie. It explains why faceless warriors tend to wear many: They are most likely to handle lower tasks such as getting rid of dead bodies from the feeding storage, or bringing humans to their superiors. I still wonder why Sheppard allowed Todd to keep his in Atlantis, though. I mean, even if it's only a little blade, it's still sharper than his bare nails or it wouldn't be needed. When you make prisoners, you usually take away anything that could be used as a weapon, as little as it is.
          I guess they didn't consider him just ANY Wraith prisoner. I noticed that implement quite obvious when they were sitting around the table and discussing their plans of attacking the replicator planet. I was also struck by the fact--on purpose or may be just the way CH chose to do it--that Todd kept his hands visible, on top of the table at all times.

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
          Todd for wraith president!
          Todd for President. Period.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Laura Dove - I just asked JM about the finger jewelry - not that he'll answer. I hope he does - just for a little clarification...

das
          I'm glad you asked. And I hope he does also. They've spent considerable time on that detail, so I am sure they've had some good explanation for them.
          HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Laura Dove - I just asked JM about the finger jewelry - not that he'll answer. I hope he does - just for a little clarification...das
            Let's hope Joe boy can answer some of our Wraith questions as I said in my previous post when TPTB create stories about the Wraith they leave more questions.

LS

Hellboy OT:
            Spoiler:
            I'm still loving Prince Nuada! Saw the movie again last night, and I like him even more now. Before I made a sig banner for Todd, based on Marvel comics summer 'event', called Secret Invasion (where shape-shifting aliens are taking the form of heroes, so you don't know who to trust). I decided to make one for lovely Prince Nuada...the fanboys on the comic book forum seem to approve...

das
            It's strange that the fanboys on the comic book forum fear the images of the Wraith but find the lovely Prince Nuada more acceptable. Mmmmm.... makes me wonder

LS

Comment

[ATTACH]6288[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 30 July 2008, 07:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

wow, creepy

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see my goals are being achieved.
                  sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH]6288[/ATTACH]
                    Hi Wraithie, I see you are on a roll with your Wraith wallies and calanders. Good work. The last one I think they look more like ghosts. O oooooo! a haunting we will go.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                      Hi Wraithie, I see you are on a roll with your Wraith wallies and calanders. Good work. The last one I think they look more like ghosts. O oooooo! a haunting we will go.

LS
                      Kinda what I was looking for. I have other pics I played with that didn't quite fit. I'm considering a Warhol-esque type wallie calendar. Also maybe something for October 2009. Not sure if I did one of those yet. I need to look.

Wraithie
                      sigpic

Comment

Wraithie, your wallpapers and calendars are nice! And I agree, the last one is deliciously creepy.

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                        In CG, Todd did not have the 'jewelry' but he still left cuts in Shep's skin.
                        As wraith feedings always leave five marks plus the central one, regardless how many blue jewelry they wear, I assume it is their nails that dig into the skin to hold their prey.

I guess they didn't consider him just ANY Wraith prisoner. I noticed that implement quite obvious when they were sitting around the table and discussing their plans of attacking the replicator planet. I was also struck by the fact--on purpose or may be just the way CH chose to do it--that Todd kept his hands visible, on top of the table at all times.
                        His condition as a prisoner evolved a lot between "The Seer", "Miller's Crossing" and "Be All My Sins Remeber'd":

- In "The Seer", he is always handcuffed when not in his holding cell, even in the lab with McKay.

- In "Miller's Crossing", he is allowed for the first time to use a computer by himself instead of just having to watch helplessly at McKay's work.

- In "BAMSR", he is handcuffed in the jumper before the negotiation with the hives, and he has his hands free after that. Maybe they took the stunning as a "revenge" for the poor way they had treated him all along?

Todd for President. Period.

Laura Dove - I just asked JM about the finger jewelry - not that he'll answer. I hope he does - just for a little clarification...
                        I'm glad you asked. And I hope he does also. They've spent considerable time on that detail, so I am sure they've had some good explanation for them.
                        Thank you das. Now we'll wait and hope...
                        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                        sigpic

Comment

@ LS - I think the fanboys like Nuada better because he's a character from a comic book movie. That makes him acceptable (even though he was created for the movie, and never existed in Hellboy comics, as far as I understand it).

Nerdoms/Geekdoms are funny things. Geeks who like sci fi have issues with Geeks who like Superman; Geeks who like Superman have issues with Geeks who like Wolverine...and so on and so forth.

I asked JM about hive ships and hosts, and all of that stuff. He said he could not answer those questions at present, but to stay tuned, which makes me think there will be more information on this in upcoming episodes.

And I'm so in love with plushy Todd, I gotta figure out how to make me one! But, alas...I'm no good at stuff involving yarn, or thread.

das

EDIT: Bam Bam just said in his thread that he had a chance to work on Hellboy II, but had to turn it down because of SGA. Talk about a bummer...
                          Last edited by dasNdanger; 23 July 2008, 05:06 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                            But still, you don't let a prisoner with a weapon that could slit a throat in no time, if nothing else. Even if this prisoner is guarded by several armed to the teeth trigger-happy marines, even if he's kept in a cell with a force field. He was able to take down 4 Genii at a time, after all, and he hadn't nearly fed enough to be in a real good shape at that time.
                            and
                            Granted, but still. A replicator is a weapon by itself too, but would you leave him a knife? Would you even let him carry a fork around? Normally you'd even remove keys or belts from your prisoners. ESPECIALLY if they are dangerous by themselves.
                            I can't help wondering if the Atlanteans recognize it for the potential weapon that it is and realize that it CAN be taken off. And, I would think that Todd would be perfectly capable of bluffing them into letting him keep it. I can see it now:

Sheppard: O.K. hand over all your weapons. And what about that little blue thing on your hand? Is that a knife or something? Better give me that, too.

Todd: *sigh* <divesting himself of his stunner, etc> I regret that I cannot comply. You know that we Wraith carry the DNA of the insect you call the "Iratus Bug"; this "little blue thing" is a remant of the chitenous exoskeleton of that ancestor.

Sheppard (a little baffled): So you're telling me you can't take it off.

Todd nods.

Sheppard: Whatever.

The finger jewelry (armor, knife) topic has come up a couple of times before and I thought we had gotten some sort of acknowledgement that it is a small knife - a sort of Wraith utility blade. But I may be imagining things.

I too wish it would be officially explained. Even if they have to tweak things a bit to make sense, it'd be certainly better than the impression that these things are just here because they look cool.

Anyway, I doubt it is part of their body, or there wouldn't be so many variations, including with respect to an individual wraith. My favourite hypothesis so far is that the things basically help interfacing with the wraith technology, plus, when they have blades, are used to open the cocoons easily.
                            That is an interesting possibility. My personal belief is that the costume department came up with the idea because it really does look cool, and then created the reason for it later. But it would be really nice to have an official explanation.

JM is having a bunch of behind the scenes people from SGA do guest appearances on his blog. I'll look to see if any of them are in costumes or props. They might be able to tell us.

*editorial addition: Stargate Atlantis Production Designer James Robbins will be one of JMs guest bloggers. We can ask him about it.
                            Last edited by Sparrow_hawk; 23 July 2008, 06:09 AM. Reason: addition and grammar correction, dang it!
                            Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

@Wraithie: Nice new wallies and calendars! Very creepy. Your have outdone yourself.

@das: thanks for sharing that Nuada banner.

@LS: I really LOVE the way you worked the prince in with the Wraith in your sig.

@dolfynnchick: Very nice job on the Todd plushie! I showed my daughter the picture you posted and she sqeeeeeed and said "OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH... So cute!!!!" I agree. He is absolutely adorable.

@everyone on the Todd for President bandwagon: He's got my vote. If he isn't leader of the Wraith by the end of the season or at least leader of a major faction, I'll be very surprised.
                              Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Wraithie
                                I was trying to do a side-by-side comparison of the two pics (GoggleBoy/Neo and Cody Lauden), and they do seem to share that same slim body type. Not like all a our faced Lovies aren't slim! But...his body type is more like Goggle Boy/ Neo's than not. With the hair in the way and the coat, it's too difficult to compare the shoulders. Maybe it's just me, but the chest region just seems really close to the right shape and proportions.
                                Thank you for comparing Cody L with goggle boy,- I did wonder but couldn't make my mind up.

MCH tongue in cheek comment to Wraithie -I'm impressed with your dedication to the task,

Wraithie 10 out of 10 for really creepy and absolutely great Wallie and calanders.

MCH
                                Last edited by MCH; 23 July 2008, 08:04 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Working...
                                X