• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connor Trinneer...

Learn to spell it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I think at first we thought it was a natural thing, but then it turned out to be a jewel?

Also, when feeding it scratches up the person quite a bit, so... More fun for them?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

In the show it never got explained.

but in wraithal discrimination (extra in season 1 DVD's) James says they are for slicing and dicing. So I assume they are king of weapon, feeding utensil and hand protection all in one

sigpic

Comment

Alright that explained it for me. Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
            In the show it never got explained.
            but in wraithal discrimination (extra in season 1 DVD's) James says they are for slicing and dicing. So I assume they are king of weapon, feeding utensil and hand protection all in one
            Hm. If it can be used as a weapon, I find it strange that Todd was allowed to keep his during his captivity on Atlantis, even if it doesn't make much a difference beyond his natural abilities. Also I noticed that he wears:
            - none in "Common Ground" (makes sense) and "Miller's Crossing" (why not?);
            - one on the right forefinger when he is captured in "The Seer", but then, on the left forefinger in the cell or in the labs;
            - on the left forefinger in "BAMSR", "Spoils of War" (when the traitor appears to have two, on his left hand too) and "The Kindred";
            - on the right forefinger again in "The Last Man".
            Oh well...
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

My friend put forward the suggestion a while ago to me that she thinks they could also be used to operate some of the Wraith technology/equipment/perhaps even the ship itself, since she noticed that Todd had his hands deep inside part of the ship when controlling it?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                - none in "Common Ground" (makes sense) and "Miller's Crossing" (why not?)
                it was probably forgotten/a mistake in miller's crossing because he has it in every other episode (besides CG). todd's tattoo is also on the wrong side in MC, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  Oh, woopsie. Almost forgot this one:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=52915&page=55

John and Todd could use your loving as well.
                  Gave them some love
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                    My friend put forward the suggestion a while ago to me that she thinks they could also be used to operate some of the Wraith technology/equipment/perhaps even the ship itself, since she noticed that Todd had his hands deep inside part of the ship when controlling it?
                    Interesting thought. However, Teyla can operate the ship without any. And why would lesser-ranking wraith wear more than higher-ranking ones? Maybe it works either with or without, but it's easier with? And higher-ranking wraith tend to be more gifted, therefore they need less artificial assistance?

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    it was probably forgotten/a mistake in miller's crossing because he has it in every other episode (besides CG). todd's tattoo is also on the wrong side in MC, so it wouldn't surprise me.
                    Only in one sequence, which appears to have been filmed and then mirrored (the computer behind Todd is reversed too). Don't ask me why they did this, it's quite disturbing. Other than that, I agree the lack of blue thing is probably a mistake in the costume, such is probably the fact that he wears it sometimes on the left hand, sometimes on the right one.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

Topless Todd under tags!!

Spoiler:

Made you look!!!

His finished size is roughly that of a 2 month old infant, which is great because now I can buy him ridiculous clothes instead of making them myself. I still have to make the wraith coat myself though (they should really sell those at Walmart ). In fact the pants he's wearing are baby pants.

Also:

What do you think, should I get some blue fabric glue to add some dimension to his wraithy bling?

Toddie the Todd plushie is finished! Now all he needs are some clothes!

Comment

Only in one sequence, which appears to have been filmed and then mirrored (the computer behind Todd is reversed too).
                        I know it's only one scene. I guess I should've been more specific.

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                        operating a hive ship is done by wraith dna. that's why the console comes to life when todd puts his hands in the controls and why teyla was needed to fly the ship in "spoils of war". the finger jewelry is just ornamental or a tool as the S1 dvd says.

that makes me want to watch "poisoning the well". *gets her dvd* I think steve's had the best jewelry so far.
                        Last edited by naamiaiset; 21 July 2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post

Spoiler:

Made you look!!!

His finished size is roughly that of a 2 month old infant, which is great because now I can buy him ridiculous clothes instead of making them myself. I still have to make the wraith coat myself though (they should really sell those at Walmart ). In fact the pants he's wearing are baby pants.

Also:

What do you think, should I get some blue fabric glue to add some dimension to his wraithy bling?

THAT is wonderful!! He's so adorable - and...I don't know how you did it...but it looks just like Todd!! I love it, love it, LOVE it!! Great job!! Now...dress him up in funny clothes!!

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks a lot like Todd's, too. Are wraith becoming more slovenly than they used to be? What has become Steve's class?

Spoilers/speculation for "Broken Ties":
                            Spoiler:
                            Is it me or does it look like the wraith is actually helping them?

Aww, it's just so cruel to have to wait.
                            I wondered also, if you mean the pic where Shep has his gun out. That is a strange one. Hmmmmm...
                            HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                              S5 spoilers, new wraith pictures for "broken ties".

is it friday yet?
                              These are awesome. And i can't get over the make up work they've done on Rhys' face. That is a quantum leap from the make up they had on the first Wraiths.

Rhys is quite impressive.

And as i said in my previous post--that pic with Shep in the foreground is quite interesting. What's going on there?
                              HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dolfynnchick View Post

Spoiler:

Made you look!!!

Also:

Oh Toddie the Todd is so cute. yes, he does need some clothes but, he's cute nevertheless.

LS

Comment

Working...
                                X