Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    who says neera didn't have some kind of relationship going? edward did give her that look before he left. I think das called her his girlfriend.
    Do you recall the name of the episode?

Also, there's been some talk about an episode where a Wraith actually had a drink or ate something. What is the name of that episode?

I'm watching some of the episodes again until the season starts.

Thankies and Hive Five!
    HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
      Do you recall the name of the episode?
      the hive.

Also, there's been some talk about an episode where a Wraith actually had a drink or ate something. What is the name of that episode?
      the condemned. they're both in season two.

Comment

here it is WDC!

Karhedron is the love of my life, and we plan to marry!

PS: We would have said something sooner, but we each mistakenly thought the other wanted to keep it quiet! Once that mis-communication came to light...he was just a tad slower getter here!

And yes!...I cheated. I knew I could come back and add more! *raspberry*

Uh, folks...Kar's sweating bullets wondering when someone is going to read this page!
        Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 31 May 2008, 04:54 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys. Although I think you already know it..

I LOVE WRAITHIE

Not the GW-Acc Wraithie. That lovely woman behind the screen. She is the other half of my soul. She made me live again. And I love her. I love her more than my life. And she is the woman I will marry.

And she is yet faster than me...damn

Edit : She is cheating! She is soooooo cheating! I wrote much more
          Edit2 : She added most of that later...I want a Mod! Lock her edit-button....
          Edit3 : Yes I am sweating honey...but it is just hot in here and I can't open that window..or the insects will feed on me
          Last edited by Karhedron; 31 May 2008, 05:08 PM.
          sigpic
          Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
          Spoiler:
          Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
          You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

And sorry for the offtopic....but some things need to be said
            sigpic
            Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
            Spoiler:
            Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
            You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
              Naamiaiset

Love your Michael siggys, like the black and white pictures, the texture of the pictures and the words are right on target for Michael.

Veldt
              Yes\ I can see your siggy now it very funny.
              Spoiler:
              Ok making a complete fool of myself.
              I presume that
              "i iz in ur deppartmunt storez.....eatin ur toothbru....lifs" Does not mean something like I am in a department stores and I have brought a toothbrush?

Wraith Cake

I'm not sure about human and wraith romance. The taking of human life by the Wraith has damaged any chance of a romance -Trust issues. Even if a male Wraith fell in love with a Wraithworshipper or a non Wraith Worshipper.

Next if a wraith did fall in love with a human and his queen would not tolerate this happening he have to leave his hive - no more access to the hive mind. Could a wraith survivial without access to his follow wraith? He be on his own, I know that Todd and Michael did but they are very strong willed.

Where would they live if he had to live away from the hive probadely on a planet on their own with no other humans. I can't see any humans tolerating their next door neighbour as a Wraith. There'd be a witch hunt for both of them

Lastly would they be hunted down by other Wraith who may see such a romance as a weakness?

MCH
              Hey hey MCH, my man is making me some coffeeeee right now. I did write an almost essay addressing this issue as well as which humans would have romance with the wraith. It was in post 460. My man just brought me in some scotch--whoooeeeah it definitely clears the sinuses!

WK
              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

I have a new submission in the Todd wallie catagory.

I hope ya'll like it.

Wraithie
                Ish feeling hopeful, and it's scary.
                Poor Todd It would be totally ironic for Todd and like minded Wraith like him too
                Spoiler:
                Have to rely on beings they used to consider as food being responsable for their safety

Naamiaiset

Poor Todd
                Spoiler:
                What did he dooooo that was sooooo wrong for McKay to be inflicted on him.

Very funny love it.

Going back to Human/Wraith romance- Earth human/Wraith romance maybe Pegasus human/Wraith romance no. Wraith Hybrid/Earth or Pegasus human again maybe.
                MCH
                sigpic
                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

from JM blog

Das writes: “Speaking of Todd - and your answer regarding writing for the fans - well…the fans want MORE Todd! So, if we can’t hope to see more of him in S5 (besides the 3) - what about S6, if there is one?”

Answer: Right now, season 6 seems a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. No one is safe.

BlueJay writes: “DAS, i agree with you completely with regards to the ‘gift of life’. A beautiful, wonderful moment completely destroyed by what you writers did in season four.”

Answer: Hate to disappoint, but the wraith are the show’s villains. Regardless of their motivation, they rule through fear and intimidation. The “gift of life” is a means to an end for them, not some act of benevolent largesse they bestow upon people they like.
                  sigpic
                  FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Wraith Cake
                    Hey hey MCH, my man is making me some coffeeeee right now. I did write an almost essay addressing this issue as well as which humans would have romance with the wraith. It was in post 460. My man just brought me in some scotch--whoooeeeah it definitely clears the sinuses!
                    WK
                    Yes I know you did write a very good almost essay, I posted before you wrote and posted.
                    You know Wraith Cake I'm sure I got alittle sniffle, sniffle...cough....cough sniffle, don't suppose there any spare coffee/whiskey going around cough cough.....

Ok Off Topic
                    Spoiler:
                    Did I just see a wedding proposal post from Karhedron and Wraithie or has my three glasses of wine and being dyslexic combined to make made me read that wrong.
                    If so just love a happy ending, I've gone all emotionally.

MCH
                    Last edited by MCH; 31 May 2008, 05:19 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                      from JM blog

Das writes: “Speaking of Todd - and your answer regarding writing for the fans - well…the fans want MORE Todd! So, if we can’t hope to see more of him in S5 (besides the 3) - what about S6, if there is one?”

Answer: Right now, season 6 seems a long way off. A lot can happen between now and then. No one is safe.

BlueJay writes: “DAS, i agree with you completely with regards to the ‘gift of life’. A beautiful, wonderful moment completely destroyed by what you writers did in season four.”

Answer: Hate to disappoint, but the wraith are the show’s villains. Regardless of their motivation, they rule through fear and intimidation. The “gift of life” is a means to an end for them, not some act of benevolent largesse they bestow upon people they like.
                      Ah, yes - just read. I think this means there is no hope for Todd, or for the Wraith. I do believe, however, that he's got it wrong about the gift of life. Todd said it was reserved for their brothers, too...and he certainly did NOT have to return the life to Sheppard. I see them altering things just to keep the Wraith 'evil' (in their minds), without any consideration to what a good portion of fans want, and that's to see at least some Wraith rise above what they are now and find a different way.

I also suspect that Todd is dead by the end of his third episode. He's been too vague, and...oh well. Nothing we can do about it, except stop watching.

Spoiler:
                      On a brighter note - just got back from Wizard World Philly, and met quite a few great people. Alex Maleev (artist - Marvel), Brian Glass (writer - Mice Templar), Michael Avon Oeming (artist - Mice Templar/Powers), David Mack (writer/artist - Marvel/Kabuki), Joe Quesada (Editor in Chief - Marvel), and Mike Choi (artist - Marvel/X-23, Uncanny X-Men)

Choi knew about a complaint I had regarding the handling of Wolverine, and my request that writers start giving him some stones (we are on the same discussion forum, but never met in real life until today)...so, today he sketched me this:

Spoiler:

So, see...there ARE creators out there who listen to the concerns of their fans!!!

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                        from JM blog

I just responded to this on his blog. This what I wrote:

Now about the Wraith…

“BlueJay writes: “DAS, i agree with you completely with regards to the ‘gift of life’….

ANSWER: Hate to disappoint, but the wraith are the show’s villains. Regardless of their motivation, they rule through fear and intimidation. The “gift of life” is a means to an end for them, not some act of benevolent largesse they bestow upon people they like.”

One can rule through fear and intimidation as most tyrants do, until the people are no longer afraid. Or, or, or…until the fans lose interest. I know, I know they’re a great villain, like the Cylons: lots to unlock, lots of treasures tucked away in a slimy wraith chest, but and the big BUT of course comes, is that all? We were just having a great discussion/debate about this at the WDC, and I know this is talked to death but “Do the wraith see humans as cattle?” My response was and is no. “No”, based on evidence from the show, “no” from a logical—they too are sentient—point of view, and “no” from a literary/narrative point of view. Our discussion:
                        Now to debate as to whether the wraith see us as cattle I'm telling you no. I'm not saying this because I'm talking out of my a...ear, I'm telling you this because this is a common literary trope….This is the whole conundrum….they are conditioned to believe humans are so and so, but their experience, intellect, CONSCIENCE tells them otherwise. This IS the paradox, the wraith are suppose to mirror the human condition (Be the villain but really behave like us). This is the stuff of good writing. It's not predictable, it's compelling. They are the baddies, but if they remain one dimensional as Aristotle says in his Poetics it would neither excite our pity nor our fear:
                        A perfect tragedy should…excite pity and fear…It follows plainly, in the first place, that the change of fortune presented must not be the spectacle of a virtuous man…Nor, again, should the downfall of the utter villain be exhibited. A plot of this kind would, doubtless, satisfy the moral sense, but it would inspire neither pity nor fear; for pity is aroused by unmerited misfortune, fear by the misfortune of a man like ourselves.

If the wraith do not mirror us, and therefore develop beyond the “baddie” let’s pack up and go home, because we know the end of this tale—dull. However, you did not say this…exactly.

WK

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Ah, yes - just read. I think this means there is no hope for Todd, or for the Wraith. I do believe, however, that he's got it wrong about the gift of life. Todd said it was reserved for their brothers, too...and he certainly did NOT have to return the life to Sheppard. I see them altering things just to keep the Wraith 'evil' (in their minds), without any consideration to what a good portion of fans want, and that's to see at least some Wraith rise above what they are now and find a different way.

I also suspect that Todd is dead by the end of his third episode. He's been too vague, and...oh well. Nothing we can do about it, except stop watching.

Spoiler:
                          On a brighter note - just got back from Wizard World Philly, and met quite a few great people. Alex Maleev (artist - Marvel), Brian Glass (writer - Mice Templar), Michael Avon Oeming (artist - Mice Templar/Powers), David Mack (writer/artist - Marvel/Kabuki), Joe Quesada (Editor in Chief - Marvel), and Mike Choi (artist - Marvel/X-23, Uncanny X-Men)

Choi knew about a complaint I had regarding the handling of Wolverine, and my request that writers start giving him some stones (we are on the same discussion forum, but never met in real life until today)...so, today he sketched me this:

Spoiler:

So, see...there ARE creators out there who listen to the concerns of their fans!!!

das
                          Also, remember that he too is a writer, and may feel a little defensive. He is only one piece of the pie, he has to collaborate with the other writers to hammer out a good plan. It wouldn't be in their best interests to slot the wraith in to stock type characters--which is what I think you're afraid of. They haven't done this so far, they won't do it in the future, it would be viewing suicide. I think what he means is that like the Klingons they will always remain an aggressive species, this is what makes them interesting. They will be developed beyond their culture, think of Warf (who I was recently corrected on, is not in fact half human, he is a full blooded Klingon raised by humans) So there you go, individual wraith will transcend their people and thank goodness, if we were all judged by our culture half of us wouldn't have relationships with each other on this forum. Speaking of relationships, congrats go out to Wraithie and the Mr. K Happy Happy!!!

WK

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

das
                            Amazing Das.

Comment

Karhedron and Wraithie are involved everyone!! Yea!!! Let's ALL wish them a warm congratulations!!!

WK

Comment

Exactly. Tensions, galore! It would be a beautiful thing, like when humans and Klingons first started to get along - all the misunderstandings and accusations and stuff...only better, because maybe the Wraith you're dealing with ate your papa, and now you have to play nice with him. Damn, wish we could get some Worshippers in that writing department! das
                                I love to have episodes with more of Wraith and human interaction like the tension that would exits or, tensions that exits between the Wraith factions but, I don't think that would happen. SGA writes for the Sheppard team and the writers only write for an 45 min episode. They don't think like the fans. I heard the expression 'bottle show' I have no idea what that term means, We needs writer that love the Wraith like we do. Yes, wraith worshipper among the writer would be a good thing

LS

Yup. Every time he was desperate, Todd would convince the Lanteans that they HAD to help...lol...I'm starting to think the Wraith are a tad lazy, and perfer other people doing their work for them... das
                                Hmmm... I don't think the Wraith are lazy they are just very clever to get their food to do the work for them. Why do the job your self just get the humans to do it because they fear us. Thats not evil just using the resources around you. Very clever those Wraith

LS

I think of creepy as...well...you know how Todd was a bit different in Kindred? He was a little more sinister, and sinister can = creepy. More threatening can = creepy. Nasty, however, is more like Sateda's Superwraith - he was nasty in the way he took Ronon, killed the villagers, and the way he fought. He was NASTY. das
                                Hmmm.... creepy Wraith yeah, but then too you have creepy humans. Just think of Lucius Lavin "Irresistible he had to use a drug to seduce people to like him and to do his bidding. How many wives did he have? He had to use this drug to get the women in bed because he was a loser. He use a date rape drug. So what is more creepier? Nasty, sinister or, some one who preys on someones innocence using a drug. The big uber Wraith in 'Satea's was just following his nature. I love all of them too.

LS

Good point - it could be very much like that. Remember Todd said that the few years he took from Shep were already fading, meaning he was burning those years off very fast. 1 year of human life does not = 1 year of Wraith life...but only a few minutes, or a day. It takes at least an entire human life - all those years - to keep a Wraith alive for only a few weeks. Fast metabolism, for sure. das
                                I would think the Wraith's metabolism would be very fast because they need to regenerate quickly. Some of the Wraith are imensly old some of them hundred to thousands so, there metabolism would have to regenerate their cells and their biology

LS

HILARIOUS!!! One thing we know for sure, it would be funny as hell to see a drunk Wraith!! Forget the lisping, bring on the slurring!! "I'm gonna shhuck your life! Wish one of you wishesh to die firshhh...firsshhh...sssshhh...T."

Kinda like Captain Jack Sparrow, with Todd-hair. das
                                HILARIOUS indeed!! a drunk Todd and Captain Jack Sparrow in the same show
                                LS

Well, I still don't see them as evil - they were trying to make their food more compatible, but in what sense? Easier to digest, or easier to control? I was under the impression they were trying to make it easier to control so they wouldn't have to work so hard. LOL. I AM coming to the conclusion that they are NOT evil, but lazy, self-absorbed insect men who prefer to style their hair and manicure their nails then work for their food.das
                                Well I don't see them evil either nor lazy just very clever and effcient task managers.

LS

Comment

Working...
                                X