Culling siggy? Where? *Goes to look*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
      For all the culling sig deprived people:

Bwahahahahaha! Great one, again!

And oh, I passed 5,900

Made a post on Joe's blog again. I wanna know if we've ever seen the The Gift scientist, flarn it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
        I agree with you it would be pointless just to kill them all off... Yes, the humans will still fear the Wraith even if they had another food source. There will still be memories on how the Wraith have attacked their worlds.
        Exactly. Tensions, galore! It would be a beautiful thing, like when humans and Klingons first started to get along - all the misunderstandings and accusations and stuff...only better, because maybe the Wraith you're dealing with ate your papa, and now you have to play nice with him. Damn, wish we could get some Worshippers in that writing department!

This would really create a civil war among the Wraith....Todd would bargin with the Lanteans for protection for his hive(s) which isn't a bad thing. I think this would create interesting episodes on SGA instead of the shoot them up Wraith we see so often
        Yup. Every time he was desperate, Todd would convince the Lanteans that they HAD to help...lol...I'm starting to think the Wraith are a tad lazy, and perfer other people doing their work for them...

Originally posted by LiquidSky
        ...I wonder are JM talking about the bald wraith well, he not creepy to me. Or, JM is referring to the Wraith hunters. I would still love them even if they end up creepy. I'm just twisted A twisted Wraith lover
        I think of creepy as...well...you know how Todd was a bit different in Kindred? He was a little more sinister, and sinister can = creepy. More threatening can = creepy. Nasty, however, is more like Sateda's Superwraith - he was nasty in the way he took Ronon, killed the villagers, and the way he fought. He was NASTY.

I love him.

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
        No, I think Todd doesn't like to rely on others unless he has no choice. I think he'll come up with his own plan.
        Oh, I agree - last resort. But he's not stupid, and so will use humans to his advantage if he has to, even if the idea of it makes him wrinkle his little green nose in disgust.

It was said that we are supposed to know
        Spoiler:
        a new Wraith caste - the Hunters. I think the Sateda Wraith King belonged to it - creepy guy he was. Hence the bald Wraith to appear. It is possible that after all these betrayals Todd had no choice but to ally with Hunters. It may cause problems, especially with Ronon. We know he has some respect for Todd but for a Hunter?
        Spoiler:
        Don't think Todd would side with them - they may become his enemy if he wants to find an alternative food source, but they want to continue hunting humans because it's more funsies.

Originally posted by Risem View Post
        I was thinking that too when it comes to their feeding habits, but their amazing healing would suggest a very high metabolic rate. Maybe their metabolic rates change i.e. VERY slow while hibernating and VERY fast while healing.
        Also maybe this change is conscious...
        Good point - it could be very much like that. Remember Todd said that the few years he took from Shep were already fading, meaning he was burning those years off very fast. 1 year of human life does not = 1 year of Wraith life...but only a few minutes, or a day. It takes at least an entire human life - all those years - to keep a Wraith alive for only a few weeks. Fast metabolism, for sure.

Speaking of Wraith and alcohol how would that affect them? I think it would not affect them that much because, of their biology.
        Originally posted by Risem
        I guess it would depend on how their liver works; if it's relatively human-like then I'd say the effects would be the same.
        I think they gave ants alcohol once in a experiment; they got drunk and kept falling over lol... Haha, now I'm imagining a drunk wraith piloting a hive. Never drink a fly!
        Booze could affect them in some way maybe thats why Shawn only took sips because he was flying his cruiser. To get falling down drunk in front of a human could be very embarrassing it would make him look weak. I mean being drunk in front of your food would not look good
        Haha, yeah I think Shawn would totally embarrass himself if he drank more.
        HILARIOUS!!! One thing we know for sure, it would be funny as hell to see a drunk Wraith!! Forget the lisping, bring on the slurring!! "I'm gonna shhuck your life! Wish one of you wishesh to die firshhh...firsshhh...sssshhh...T."

Kinda like Captain Jack Sparrow, with Todd-hair.

Originally posted by Sheirrh
        I got a bit sidetracked from making wallies stupid games

But have this:

Spoiler:
        LOVELY!!!!

Originally posted by BlueJay
        we can do both. I think it would be hilarious if someone rubbed Todds tummy and told him he had a soft squishy middle.
        i really do hope Steve doesn't have an outie.
        "soft. squishy. middle."....*dies*

but Todd can not be too dependant on Atlantis or it will make him appear weak, it was starting to go that way for me in S4.
        Yes, I agree. They can't make him look too wussy - I think the midseason 2-parter will correct that - but he better live through it for it to be any good!!!

Originally posted by GoSpikey
        Lol, yeah. But someone has told me that on the comment for the ep, it's really said the scientist wanted to feel where his food was, so a kind of detecting system, and I can't imagine Todd or Michael wanting this...

Maybe it was a Hunter scientist's experiment?
        Could be - but I can also imagine Todd or Michael doing this. They are/were Wraith - they wanted to find their food more easily...feed more efficiently...waste as little energy as possible in doing so. I wouldn't put anything past any one of them, but Todd became a changed Wraith due to his imprisonment, and his experience with Sheppard. Who knows what he was like before...*hopes to see a glimpse of Todd's past*

Originally posted by Icarium
        Spoiler:
        we guessed that the bald Wraith is Kenny. While Teyla goes negotiating with Todd, the rest stay with Kenny. But all that alliance thing is sheer speculation
        Please explain 'Kenny' to me. I am totally lost on this one.

Hey guys, what do you think of my new sig?
        Photomanips are hard. I now have great respect for all you sig makers and wallpaper makers!
        I like it!!! LOVE the color!! And you can never have too many Wraith, I say...

Originally posted by Traveler64
        AND DAS! YES YOU DID IT!!!
        Nah, I didn't. I think it was probably in the writers' heads long before I started posting.

And sure, some might check out the thread now and then, see what's on fans minds. It would be to their advantage to do so...taking the pulse of the viewership, as it were.

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper
        Hi Folks!
        I know I haven't been here in several days. Something's come up in RL that's kinda changed my world. But...that's a very good thing this time.
        Ah, nice to hear - just don't be a stranger!! *hugs*

Originally posted by Wraith Cake
        CREEPY, let's understand creepy--...So, this is to say, if we see the wraith behaving more insect like that wouldn't really be creepy, it would be disappointing and bad science, and fairly predictable from a male dominated writing crew.
        I think they may try to make the Wraith more sinister, and...gooey. LOL. The Wraith tech is creepy, the way they do things - like the way they operated on Ronon, or Michael's maternity ward - is way creepy to me. I think this is what they may amp up - showing the more disgusting things the Wraith do - things normal to them, but total gross-outs to us.

In fact, what we do know of their food source "tampering" is in "The Gift" where we learn of the wraith scientist who was actually trying to MAKE HUMANS A MOOOORRRE COMPATIBLE FOOD SOURCE. Thus and so, wraith culture IS evil and it needs to go or radically change, which hopefully it is doing. What is wonderful about them is that they have so much potential to be good, as we have seen with Todd, and ..Elia
        Well, I still don't see them as evil - they were trying to make their food more compatible, but in what sense? Easier to digest, or easier to control? I was under the impression they were trying to make it easier to control so they wouldn't have to work so hard. LOL. I AM coming to the conclusion that they are NOT evil, but lazy, self-absorbed insect men who prefer to style their hair and manicure their nails then work for their food.

Unfortunately, as beautiful as I think Steve is, his arrogance killed him. I don't know...I think I take that back. I do think he may have made more of a headway with the Lantians had he reasoned with them like Todd. However, he didn't have the maturity that only comes with suffering, like Todd who suffered a great deal.
        In a way his arrogance did kill him. He didn't try to flirt with Sheppard (like Todd does now), but instead he was confrontational and bold. THAT doesn't work with Sheppard. If Steve had humbled himself, shown his vulnerability like Todd did, it may have tugged on Shep's heartstrings and he may have eventually won his release. Maybe, maybe not - we will never know, now.

Looking more cleosly on that picture and eye lashes - why are the black - all the other hair is albino white
        In the show, however, they do look white. It was one of the first things I noticed. Maybe you are seeing a shadow there...

Shock value...THE BEST KIND OF TRAGEDY
        THIS is what I fear. I fear they will do something shocking to Todd - because we love him, and NOT to Michael, because we are starting to hate him. Killing Michael is a no-brainer, killing Todd would be a god awful shock!

Originally posted by Shanthaia

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THIS one I MUST have!!!!!! Great!

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Please explain 'Kenny' to me. I am totally lost on this one.
          Spoiler:
          kenny is todd's scientist/tech in TQ/first contact/lost tribe, and who sheppard and ronon are left with on todd's ship while todd and teyla are in negotiations.

he isn't the bald wraith. that's the other commander in TQ.

Comment

go ahead and snurch it das

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              Spoiler:
              kenny is todd's scientist/tech in TQ/first contact/lost tribe, and who sheppard and ronon are left with on todd's ship while todd and teyla are in negotiations.

he isn't the bald wraith. that's the other commander in TQ.

But how do we know this? Have we seen a picture? How did he get his name? *too lazy to look at episode details*

das
              sigpic

Comment

But how do we know this? Have we seen a picture? How did he get his name? *too lazy to look at episode details*

das
                it's all in JM's blog, you should know this.

Comment

it's all in JM's blog, you should know this.
                  Oh. Maybe it was one I didn't read....I mean...I don't read them all, in their entirety.

Please explain Kenny to this blog slacker...

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh. Maybe it was one I didn't read....I mean...I don't read them all, in their entirety.

Please explain Kenny to this blog slacker...

das
                    who has time to read when you're praising wraith?

so far what I put in spoilers is all we know about kenny.

Comment

who has time to read when you're praising wraith?

so far what I put in spoilers is all we know about kenny.
                      Ah, okay. I saw the name once or twice, but never knew where it came from, or who it was supposed to be. So, am I to understand that there will be ANOTHER faced-Wraith that we may be able to drool over?? I can't wait to see how Todd treats him! I HOPE he has Steve-hair.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, okay. I saw the name once or twice, but never knew where it came from, or who it was supposed to be. So, am I to understand that there will be ANOTHER faced-Wraith that we may be able to drool over?? I can't wait to see how Todd treats him! I HOPE he has Steve-hair.

das

so much to look forward to in those three episodes. let's just skip june and go straight to july. (september-ish for todd's episodes)

Comment

so much to look forward to in those three episodes. let's just skip june and go straight to july. (september-ish for todd's episodes)
                          Wait. SEPTEMBERISH? SEPTEMBERISH BEFORE I GET A TODD FIX???!!!!????!!!!

i canNOT wait that long!!!!!!!

Ugh.

I hope Broken Ties is a good one...but I doubt it will end good for the Wraith. Ugh. This is gonna be a LOOOOONG season...and now...a hope of only 3 episodes. darnit. I need at LEAST 6 Todd episodes to get through the year...

maybe 7.

or...8....

ugh.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

I can't tell you often enough how much I adore your culling conditions reports!

YES!!! LET'S! I just found out the Season Five start in July. July 11 I believe.

And now...

my new sig!

HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                              my new sig!

LOVE IT!!! Dark and moody and sooooo Todd!!!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post

beautiful!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X