X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QKstargateninja View Post
    this thread is so true we are just like the wraith and they deserve to live
    Welcome to the WDC!

And LOLs at the Monty Python reference all around!

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
      If you found a rare copy, PA, major congrats, it is a valuable collector's item!

I think TPTB did that deliberately so they would have the option to bring him back.

OK, someone else read them too. The Wraith in them were ridiculous. Monty Python fans, I had to do this:

Spoiler:

Unfortunately I received this reply via email today regarding The Chosen: "We are unable to fulfil the item detailed above as this book is now out of print. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to advise you of this sooner... "
      Why did they have it on their site if they're unable to get hold of it?
      I think we need to spam someone to get it reprinted, along with Halcyon

Yeah, you can never be certain someone's really dead, just look at Beckett

Lol. Ok, definitely not getting Wraithfall comics, can't stand prejudice against our fave green guys
      Originally posted by QKstargateninja View Post
      this thread is so true we are just like the wraith and they deserve to live
      Welcome to GW and to the WDC

Comment

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
        I think we need to spam someone to get it reprinted, along with Halcyon
        Good idea, it will show that demand exists for the books.

Originally posted by rora'sPA View Post
        Yeah, you can never be certain someone's really dead, just look at Beckett

Comment

More Wraithy ponderings ahead, this time about the hive alarm systems.

I can only recall the alarms going off when there were internal breaches, not due to external threats like approaching ships. Once, the Primary used her pendant to set off an alarm, but other times they seemed to be mentally activated.

If the alarm goes off all through the hive, I wonder how the Wraith know where to pinpoint the threat. Maybe they can mentally tap into the system network and know which alarm node was triggered first or something.
          Last edited by WraithTech; 24 February 2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I'm baaaacckk
            How large is a hive? does it have a set number?
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
              I'm baaaacckk
              How large is a hive? does it have a set number?
              Hiveships are essentially flying cities, like Atlantis, and carry thousands.

From 'Misbegotten':

SHEPPARD: ...We should consider ourselves lucky. A hive ship like this could carry thousands.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...ipts/302.shtml

Comment

Hiveships are essentially flying cities, like Atlantis, and carry thousands.

From 'Misbegotten':

SHEPPARD: ...We should consider ourselves lucky. A hive ship like this could carry thousands.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...ipts/302.shtml
                I see. thanks
                So are all the wraith on that ship from the same queen?
                How long do wraith live?
                Do the queens and regular ones live longer than the flappy faced ones?
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  I see. thanks
                  So are all the wraith on that ship from the same queen?
                  How long do wraith live?
                  Do the queens and regular ones live longer than the flappy faced ones?
                  The Wraith have the freedom to join other hives. Todd did several times and also took in Wraith from other hives. It is in their biological interest to do so to prevent inbreeding and to strengthen relations with other hives.

We met a few Wraith who were over 10,000 years old, including faced males and a Queen. In 'Rising,' Beckett says, "As long as these cells are properly nourished, I don't see a life form like this ever dying of natural ageing the way we do, and they'd be bloody hard to kill." We don't know if the cell sample was from a masked warrior or not. The masked warriors likely live as long as any other Wraith.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...ipts/102.shtml

Comment

Thank you again
                    You guys really know your wraith, you can even quote the answers for me.
                    I am constantly impressed

I'll be back, I'm sure
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

being a probie is really irritaiting me does anyone know how long it takes until u stop being one??? and lol to the monty python tim made me laugh!!

Comment

Does anyone know where the hiveship energy weapon controls are? The bridge? The weapon turrets?

Comment

Does anyone know where the hiveship energy weapon controls are? The bridge? The weapon turrets?
                          I have no idea
                          Good questions . Nice to see I'm not the only one with questions
                          I await the answers
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

I would think there would be redundant contols, probably on the bridge and in the turrets. Additionally, I wonder, given the ships' telepathic interfaces, if it wouldn't be possible to control the ship from a variety of different interfaces if one were "authorized." Perhaps the Queen can from basically any fully enabled interface? JMO, of course....
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
                              I would think there would be redundant contols, probably on the bridge and in the turrets. Additionally, I wonder, given the ships' telepathic interfaces, if it wouldn't be possible to control the ship from a variety of different interfaces if one were "authorized." Perhaps the Queen can from basically any fully enabled interface? JMO, of course....
                              Redundant controls sounds like the safest bet, in case any of the controls would sustain damage and go offline.

Authorized access would also be convenient so that relevant information could be accessed from anywhere, quickly.

As far as the piloting command console, I have often wondered what the hand cups were for and assumed they were for steering or to help to connect with the ship on a deeper level, if only on a placebo level to aide concentration. In an emergency, they might lend confidence to junior officers, for instance.

It would be interesting if a powerful Queen could override them all.

Comment

Redundant controls sounds like the safest bet, in case any of the controls would sustain damage and go offline.

Authorized access would also be convenient so that relevant information could be accessed from anywhere, quickly.

As far as the piloting command console, I have often wondered what the hand cups were for and assumed they were for steering or to help to connect with the ship on a deeper level, if only on a placebo level to aide concentration. In an emergency, they might lend confidence to junior officers, for instance.

It would be interesting if a powerful Queen could override them all.
                                I'm really fascinated by how much the ship responds to telepathic commands only. After all, we saw that the team couldn't actually fly a hive ship without Teyla. So some of the vital systems must not have manual controls, only telepathic interfaces, the same way that the command chair and the Antarctic chair only respond to the interfaces activated by the ATA gene. It's really clear that not just anyone can fly a hive ship, anymore than just anyone can fly Atlantis! It's about having the right kind of mind to interface with it properly.

A dart seems simpler, possibly because it's not as bright? A hive ship has a mind of its own. It's less like a machine maybe and more like a domestic animal. Like a war horse?

Anyway, just some thoughts....
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X