Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IV View Post
    I'd say that Michael is more... well, I'd say bat**** insane for lack of thinking of anything else, at least in the end close to his demise. Ba'al at least was willing to co-operate with humans when it suited him, and even developed a sort of appreciation for life on earth (let us ignore the fact his building was a naquadah bomb...). Michael seemed just unhinged. I'd compare Todd to either Ba'al or Yu, personally.
    Which was a pity IMO because it made him so one dimensional when there was scope to develop him into a far more interesting character. I'm disappointed we never got to see a meeting/confrontation between Todd and Michael!

I'm sure he'd have the longest queue of ladies waiting to dance with him...
    No problems with an empty dance card I think!

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
      No problems with an empty dance card I think!
      Would any of our boys have problems with an empty dance card with all of us around??????
      sigpic
      Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
        Which was a pity IMO because it made him so one dimensional when there was scope to develop him into a far more interesting character. I'm disappointed we never got to see a meeting/confrontation between Todd and Michael!
        Michael and Todd were so close yet so far, although Todd is my favorite Wraith, Michael is my favorite SGA villain overall. I found it odd Michael still wanted revenge in "The Prodigal" though, I blame the writers, regardless of the respect I have for some of them. And I don't believe Michael is dead, I never will. I think he may have clones or something similar out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          And I don't believe Michael is dead, I never will. I think he may have clones or something similar out there.
          He didn't seem like the sort of guy who wouldn't prepare for his own death, I agree. I mean, despite his attack on Atlantis failing, he still had a lot of precuations on hand to cope for a variety of situations. He didn't seem like the sort of character who'd let ego get in the way at all. I think I saw a discussion similar elsewhere on GW concerning this, and about the fact he probably has a six-pack of clone Michaels somewhere

Comment

A wild Newbie appears!

It would seem in keeping with his character to have a clone or two somewhere, although I figure TPTB were done with Michael and didn't intend to bring him back. If he didn't clone himself, this oversight could be blamed on his deteriorating mental state - at this point he was clearly unhinged and obsessively fixated on revenge, and as such was not thinking rationally. The idea of a clone Michael still being around somewhere is certainly plausible, though.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carrion Kitten View Post
              A wild Newbie appears!

It would seem in keeping with his character to have a clone or two somewhere, although I figure TPTB were done with Michael and didn't intend to bring him back. If he didn't clone himself, this oversight could be blamed on his deteriorating mental state - at this point he was clearly unhinged and obsessively fixated on revenge, and as such was not thinking rationally. The idea of a clone Michael still being around somewhere is certainly plausible, though.
              Welcome to the WDC!
              True, he did seem a little.. off-kilter in comparison to when he was making the Venegeance and Whispers hybrids. He seemed a lot more methodical and careful then.

Comment

He didn't seem like the sort of guy who wouldn't prepare for his own death, I agree. I mean, despite his attack on Atlantis failing, he still had a lot of precuations on hand to cope for a variety of situations. He didn't seem like the sort of character who'd let ego get in the way at all. I think I saw a discussion similar elsewhere on GW concerning this, and about the fact he probably has a six-pack of clone Michaels somewhere
                Exactly! Even Connor Trinneer thought the same thing (in a GW interview). He seems way to intelligent to be killed so easily. (Deep down I hope "Extinction" deals with or relates to Michael.)

Comment

Michael and clones, hmm. Somehow he doesn't seem like a guy who'd want to clone himself. Baal was that certain type who likes the chaos around him, an opportunist who liked to take the pieces, put them in a box, shake well and then see what comes out of them. Michael had plans, big plans, plans suitable for a megalomaniacs. His clones would just be his rivals, unless he had absolute power over the clones. What he did with Beckett clone and Athosians, it showed that he did have tech to play with things like that, but it didn't work that good. Unless it worked better to clones of him.

That kind of clones, of course, wouldn't be much good for good old I will take take over the galaxy and I need something to take my place if I die plan, and would Michael put them to the situations he was involved with emotionally? I don't think he would, not if he didn't have some kind of Michael-clone cam that gave all of clone's life to him, live feed, and even then maybe not.

That is, if the Wraith have similar sense of themselves as individuals as human do. If they don't, maybe Michael wouldn't see the main difference between the clones of him and himself, but see them as same person. The clones would be just fleshy back ups, programmed to wake up one by one after the latest version of Michael faced his death. "And so he continued to live, in a body that was not the same but that wasn't different either." Or something

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                    Yup, I am just a wraith fangirl (And a DW fangirl and...)
                    ditto. it was the wraith (especially todd obviously!) that got me hooked ... i 'retro' got into the other characters like sheppard/rodney, etc! i'm a massive nu who/torchwood fan too. :-)

Comment

A wild Newbie appears!
                      Hello and welcome to the WDC.
                      sigpic

Comment

Agreed - despite his need for revenge he would still, IMO, have had some contingencies in place just in case...

A wild Newbie appears!

Hello Carrion Kitten and welcome to the WDC.

Comment

*runs in and throws copies of new story on table then runs back to her Hive ship to snuggle up with Commander Sam and try to watch Hogsfather again.*

Pillows Don't Growl Chapter 10
                          http://geniemiller.deviantart.com/ar...p-10-151318441

Comment

*squees and plucks a copy up, snuggling onto a beanbag to read*

Comment

I'm sure he'd have the longest queue of ladies waiting to dance with him...
                              *gets in queue while tying bow in dancing shoe laces*

Originally posted by Toddandrea View Post
                              Would any of our boys have problems with an empty dance card with all of us around??????
                              No, they would all be testing their stamina for dancing all night...and then some.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              Michael and Todd were so close yet so far, although Todd is my favorite Wraith, Michael is my favorite SGA villain overall. I found it odd Michael still wanted revenge in "The Prodigal" though, I blame the writers, regardless of the respect I have for some of them. And I don't believe Michael is dead, I never will. I think he may have clones or something similar out there.
                              I always wondered if the Michael that got killed in the show was a clone. If I was him I would have made a clone of myself and sent her/him on that suicide mission. Then if it failed A) People would think I am dead, instant relief from people hunting me B) I wouldn't be dead just a copy got destroyed. Plus he got killed off way to easy.

Originally posted by QueenMalka View Post
                              *runs in and throws copies of new story on table then runs back to her Hive ship to snuggle up with Commander Sam and try to watch Hogsfather again.*

Pillows Don't Growl Chapter 10
                              http://geniemiller.deviantart.com/ar...p-10-151318441
                              *sulks back to room* "Stupid Sam feel asleep on the darn hive porch." *plops down in front of DVD rack looking for something fun to watch.*

Comment

Originally posted by QueenMalka View Post

I always wondered if the Michael that got killed in the show was a clone. If I was him I would have made a clone of myself and sent her/him on that suicide mission. Then if it failed A) People would think I am dead, instant relief from people hunting me B) I wouldn't be dead just a copy got destroyed. Plus he got killed off way to easy.
                                I like that idea! I wouldn't think the REAL Michael would be foolish enough to invade Atlantis the way he did. He did die way too easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X