X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    I don't know, I disagree...
    Spoiler:
    I'm not interested in "Peek-A-Boo", look what's hiding/lurking here and there. It reminds me too much of Menga or Anime where once again you have this incredibly sexually repressed culture that can only express sexuality through tentacle rape--YUK!

WK

Well, the Wraith have always seemed sexually repressed to me - it's their appeal, I suppose. They lust for food, not women. I like that idea. But we do know they reproduce in some way (and not just cloning), so I'm not too worried about them being totally devoid of sexuality. It's just not the most important thing to them, and I'm cool with that.

I dunno - just, to me, it seems like such a small thing to worry about. I'm more concerned about them killing off Todd and the rest of his kind, not whether or not they have functioning willies.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I wish we had a screen cap of the ear. It just moves too fast for me to see what it really looked like.

I think we are safe until the movie, das. I suffer from the same fear too though. A LOT! That comment about Wright's attitude toward the wraith doesn't make me feel any more secure either.
      sigpic
      Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
        I wish we had a screen cap of the ear. It just moves too fast for me to see what it really looked like.

I think we are safe until the movie, das. I suffer from the same fear too though. A LOT! That comment about Wright's attitude toward the wraith doesn't make me feel any more secure either.
        Yeah, what's with the ears - what's different about Wraith ears? Todd even has an earring! *thunk*

I think we all suffer from this fear... I'm hoping against hope that TPTB see sense before it's too late... rats, I'm depressed again
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

@das and WK: as far as the
          Spoiler:
          lack of nipples, we really don't know anything about Wraith erogenous zones. Maybe they just love to have their spines stroked! Or maybe ... I better stop now.
          But I would hate to think that the Wraith look like Ken dolls.
          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Well, the Wraith have always seemed sexually repressed to me - it's their appeal, I suppose. They lust for food, not women. I like that idea. But we do know they reproduce in some way (and not just cloning), so I'm not too worried about them being totally devoid of sexuality. It's just not the most important thing to them, and I'm cool with that.

I dunno - just, to me, it seems like such a small thing to worry about. I'm more concerned about them killing off Todd and the rest of his kind, not whether or not they have functioning willies.

das
            Sorry, the "chastity belt" was more directed towards the humans on Atlantis and in the PG. Five years and what do we get? A bit of John and Larrin (blech), Teyla who has a baby with a father who is obviously an afterthought, and then finally a 'ship with Rodney and Keller, which was so out of the blue it's still making me squicky. I said it somewhere else - maybe the Sanctuary forum - that sexual *tension* is great for a show but we didn't really even have that. Even if they had shown it amongst Chuck and Amelia or Loren and Cavanaugh *cough*...ok, sorry that was just mean. But seriously BSG had a nice balance for awhile...and then they got a bit carried away and it became a soap opera. But I think that's the main reason why that series is so much more popular than SGA. It gave non-sci-fi fans a reason to watch.

As far as the Wraith, yes, I think I've always preferred to think of them as more practically sexual. Their real drive is their hunger. In that way they are definitely superior to humans and makes them very "cool" in both senses of the word. Not that I've been dying to see Wraith sex organs, but I'm glad we finally get to see a bit of skin since they're always so covered in black leather. The writers could have definitely explored the sexuality and reproduction of Wraith more without making it all sexy. lol

mfw

Comment

This is the only pic of the ear I could get (if this is the clip you mean? )

Spoiler:

*HD* I can't get that Mason song out of my head. I think I've watched that bit a few times too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post

Spoiler:

*HD* I can't get that Mason song out of my head. I think I've watched that bit a few times too many.
                *THUNK*

Okay, forget what I said about the Wraith not being very sexual.

mfw

Comment

Spoiler:
                  So why does he need false ears - they look pretty "normal" to me... unless it's easier than covering them in tan make-up? I wouldn't have thougth so...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                    So why does he need false ears - they look pretty "normal" to me... unless it's easier than covering them in tan make-up? I wouldn't have thougth so...
                    Wraith ears are very close to the head and, I think, perforated, if you remember Jean-Luc's (The Queen). *goes off to find pic*

Comment

Spoiler:

That's it. Yay!!! Thanks so much!!!

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                      *THUNK*

Okay, forget what I said about the Wraith not being very sexual.

mfw

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

It looks more connected to the head to me more like a lizard's ear. He probably need it to protrude more.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wraith ears are very close to the head and, I think, perforated, if you remember Jean-Luc's (The Queen). *goes off to find pic*

Oh, good idea!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here we go:

Wraith ear, example 1:

Spoiler:

Comment

That's it. Yay!!! Thanks so much!!!

It looks more connected to the head to me more like a lizard's ear. He probably need it to protrude more.
                            Wouldn't his long hair cover them sufficiently?
                            sigpic

Comment

Here we go:

Wraith ear, example 1:

Spoiler:
                              oooh, ready pierced! Just think how many earrings you could get in them!!!
                              Also loving the tattoo!
                              sigpic

Comment

Just a few screencaps from Vegas, the part
                                Spoiler:
                                where he's making himself look human

Piccies!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X