No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wants the link to Torri and Rachel at the Vancouver con? Woodsie22 posted the link in the con thread but it was removed because it can't be posted on this forum, so if anybody wants. Let me know. Tor!
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
      So you know, there's the musical, but maybe if one day they decided to make a movie around this book, I so can see Torri as Elphie! Ok, and Joe as Fiyero...
      Well....

The book was going to be made into a movie before the musical was even thought of. I can't recall if any film rights were bought - I'd have to check the Grimmerie - but Demi Moore was considered for the role of Elphaba (which I can totally see). Somewhere along the lines somebody thought it would make a better musical but there are still rumours of a film. Last August while waiting in the Gershin theatre, the man infront of us said he'd heard a rumour about Reese Witherspoon as Galinda. ...Or maybe that was Kirsten and he told us something else. But there still just rumours and as far as I know, nothing definate about a film has been signed.

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
      LOL! Damn straight and me as Glinda of course ^^
      Nopes, sorry. Galinda is exclusively reserved for Kate Hewlett and anybody who has seen her knows that she would seriously make a wicked Galinda - with a 'GA'!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        Well....

The book was going to be made into a movie before the musical was even thought of. I can't recall if any film rights were bought - I'd have to check the Grimmerie - but Demi Moore was considered for the role of Elphaba (which I can totally see). Somewhere along the lines somebody thought it would make a better musical but there are still rumours of a film. Last August while waiting in the Gershin theatre, the man infront of us said he'd heard a rumour about Reese Witherspoon as Galinda. ...Or maybe that was Kirsten and he told us something else. But there still just rumours and as far as I know, nothing definate about a film has been signed.

Nopes, sorry. Galinda is exclusively reserved for Kate Hewlett and anybody who has seen her knows that she would seriously make a wicked Galinda - with a 'GA'!
        Demi Moore, LOL ! Well I could see it too that's what's scaring me

You're mean !
        Then I'll be Galinda Upland, the student who just entered college and faces a great dilmna cause there's been some confusion over rooming here at GW, see my roomate is : unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe

GREEN ASS WITCH !! ( If I'm not at least the young and adventurous G''''a''''linda, then you can't be my green ass witch anymore, I'm sorry. I know KH would probaby make a kick ass "GLINDA" but still you really hurt my feelings. ).

Though i do admit it came on fast still i do believe that it can last

Comment

( If I'm not at least the young and adventurous G''''a''''linda, then you can't be my green ass witch anymore, I'm sorry. I know KH would probaby make a kick ass "GLINDA" but still you really hurt my feelings. ).
          Lol! I'm sorry, but we - St@r, Moo and I. Well... more St@r really, lol - have already approached Kate about playing Galinda and she said she'd love to.

Pics to make up for OT.

Spoiler:

Comment

Yay! Pics !!! snif, the recasting of Wicked ( the movie ) is really over. /end of OT.

Can I play the part of Elizabeth Weir ? Lol, I'll dye my hair black

Pic spam

My personal favorite

Comment

Me likes Torri The Wicked witch ( of the West ) or Maleficent^^
              Dude, now I'm totally picturing her cackling the infamous line "Noooow you shall deal with me, oh prince... and all the powers of HELL!"

/best line in the movie!

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
              Well....

Nope, it was you who told me that. There's always been rumors of a film, though. Personally, they make me throw up in my mouth a little. I don't think any film could do the stage production justice. There's a certain unexplainable electric feeling in the air at the end of Defying Gravity that really defines the show, and I can't think of how they could possibly replicate that on a flat screen. Those who see live theater know what I mean - there's an energy in the room that just doesn't come across on a screen.

Now, of the book... oh, man, if they did it as a big, all-out epic and stayed true to the novel, I could die happy. I'm picturing sweeping shots of the Vinkus, and OMG they MUST have Nanny and Liir... think "Lord of the Rings"-epic.
              "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
              My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Seen this? The character profile on the renewed Stargate Atlantis website. Notice how compared to the other character's profiles only the one of Elizabeth is concentrated entirely on the character, which means she's most developed, they actually have a lot to say about her. If you look at the others, you can se there's only one short paragraph dedicated to the character, the rest is actually about the actor.

http://www.stargateatlantis.com/ElizabethWeir
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
                  Now, of the book... oh, man, if they did it as a big, all-out epic and stayed true to the novel, I could die happy. I'm picturing sweeping shots of the Vinkus, and OMG they MUST have Nanny and Liir... think "Lord of the Rings"-epic.
                  Me too! That would be fantastic! *wants movie*

And yeah ITA with KH as Glinda!

Comment

Me too! That would be fantastic! *wants movie*

And yeah ITA with KH as Glinda!
                    You guys do really have something against me playing the part of GlindaGalinda. I'm an amazing and talented singer/actress *sings* MEMMORRRYYY. You should bow before me instead of killing my dreams of glory !!!

*needs Torriquilas*

Comment

Hey, after a few of those, I will sing too!

Many a night have Space and I sung "It's like I'm being tied to the hood of a yellow rental truck being packed in with fertilizer and fuel oil, pushed over a cliff by a suicidal Mickey Mouse!" You know, while walking between bars. If you've had a few, the "I've got ta got ta got ta got ta" and the accompanying head banging can give you a head ache
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                        Seen this? The character profile on the renewed Stargate Atlantis website. Notice how compared to the other character's profiles only the one of Elizabeth is concentrated entirely on the character, which means she's most developed, they actually have a lot to say about her. If you look at the others, you can se there's only one short paragraph dedicated to the character, the rest is actually about the actor.

http://www.stargateatlantis.com/ElizabethWeir
                        Proof that Elizabeth is the best character there!!

Comment

Originally posted by peterl View Post
                          And yet they seem to be clueless what to do with her.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You guys do really have something against me playing the part of GlindaGalinda. I'm an amazing and talented singer/actress *sings* MEMMORRRYYY. You should bow before me instead of killing my dreams of glory !!!

*needs Torriquilas*
                            No no no! It's too early for Torriquilas!

Originally posted by peterl
                            Not that I think otherwise (Elizabeth is the best character in Atlantis IMO) but what that really means is that she's the most developped characters of the five main characters. Which is not surprising since she even has more eps than McKay in both SG1/Atlantis, and we got some info on her in SG1 while we didn't know that much about McKay.

Comment

No no no! It's too early for Torriquilas!
                              How dare you say that ! It's never too early for Torriquilas, especially after what you guys made me go through... *cries*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                And yet they seem to be clueless what to do with her.
                                Something which still amazes me. Why do they not get Lizzie or understand Torri's popularity

Comment

Working...
                                X