No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, this is totally off topic, but I know some of you Wicked fangirls over here aren't on my flist, so... greenification

Comment

*pokes head in quickly* OMG, loved The Return Pt 1... possibly the best episoed they've done to date, IMHO...

Spoiler:
      So many great scenes for Liz! That World of Warcraft bit? Absolutely hilarious! And I was so thrilled to see her get to really join the team in the end there. I'm curious about how she ended up with the P90 - she seemed pretty comfortable with it there, and it'll be interesting to see whether she actually uses it in part 2 or if she has it more as a preacaution.

Also loved the storyline about her retreating into a depression! I can imagine that leaving the city she'd called home for the last three years and leaving so suddenly would really be hard. Just goes to show she's certainly not invincible! Some wonderful character moments in there, and a fantastic job by Torri!
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
        Okay, this is totally off topic, but I know some of you Wicked fangirls over here aren't on my flist, so... greenification
        Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Is that you?!?
        That's great

Comment

Hah! I've said it before and I'll say it again - you win at life!

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
            Oh weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Is that you?!?
            That's great
            Hehe. Yep, that's me, right before I went down to see Wicked in London. And thanks!

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            Hah! I've said it before and I'll say it again - you win at life!
            Oh, you sweetheart! So do you, with those cute cartoon drawings, I love them. ^_^

Comment

Spoiler:
              It's weird to see Liz with a weapon, especially after they said she would never have one besides TLG.
              And even more so to see the manner she's holding her hands on it. Protective and comfortable. Or is it me that is taking the thing the wrong way?
              No, that's how it looks to me too.
              Spoiler:
              It's my thinking that she actually picked it up herself while the other guys were gearing up. As much as fanon likes to tell me otherwise, I have a hard time believing that John would press her to take a weapon under such circumstances. You don't give a beginner a P90 and shove them into a firefight. Even Rodney started out with side-arm.

John asked for 60 marines to go in with him. There ended up just the 4 of them, so they're going to need all the firepower we can get. Don't forget that they've been there for over 3 years. A person can change a great ammount in that time Maybe some of the ease is residual from Phoebus. Elizabeth's body has held a P90 before so hands automatically fall into place, dispelling that awkwardness people get when handling something new for the first time.

Or maybe she simply knows that this is something that must be done. She's helping to get back her city, her home, her life! That's a big boost and after being depressed for the last 3 months it's little wonder that she's so enthusiastic and running on adrenaline. Will be good to see what happens in the Return Pt 2 and if she actually fires it and man, would that be hot!

Comment

Hehe. Yep, that's me, right before I went down to see Wicked in London. And thanks!
                That's so übergreat! I'm soooooo jealous
                And.... I guess it was fabulous? Wicked... *sigh*

Comment

WORD, Kirsten I think they put everything... or almost everything we ever wanted to see about Elizabeth (and everyone else) into on awesome episode... Let's see if Pt. 2 will be just as good...It better be, LOL!

OMG T, you're Elphie! *dies*

Comment

That's so übergreat! I'm soooooo jealous
                    And.... I guess it was fabulous? Wicked... *sigh*
                    It was! Idina was incredible, but I still say I'd love to see what Torri could do with it. (Staying on-topic )

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      No, that's how it looks to me too.
                      Spoiler:
                      It's my thinking that she actually picked it up herself while the other guys were gearing up. As much as fanon likes to tell me otherwise, I have a hard time believing that John would press her to take a weapon under such circumstances. You don't give a beginner a P90 and shove them into a firefight. Even Rodney started out with side-arm.

John asked for 60 marines to go in with him. There ended up just the 4 of them, so they're going to need all the firepower we can get. Don't forget that they've been there for over 3 years. A person can change a great ammount in that time Maybe some of the ease is residual from Phoebus. Elizabeth's body has held a P90 before so hands automatically fall into place, dispelling that awkwardness people get when handling something new for the first time.

Or maybe she simply knows that this is something that must be done. She's helping to get back her city, her home, her life! That's a big boost and after being depressed for the last 3 months it's little wonder that she's so enthusiastic and running on adrenaline. Will be good to see what happens in the Return Pt 2 and if she actually fires it and man, would that be hot!
                      Spoiler:
                      I don't think John forced her do carry a weapon either. He's not that way.
                      But I wonder, do you think she took some lessons after TLG? Because I know she certainly kept Phoebus's experience but that doesn't mean she would be that comfortable and easy around guns either. It's been almost a year. I guess we'll see that if she actually shoots the weapon and hits something

Comment

It was! Idina was incredible, but I still say I'd love to see what Torri could do with it. (Staying on-topic )
                        She would absolutely be fantastic. I'm sure of it, over the years she played a lot of different characters and doing that would be a challenge. Especially because it's a play!

Comment

Wicked is amazing! The costumes, the sets, the stage itself with the Time Dragon...and that's before you get to the dance routines and songs

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                          Spoiler:
                          Also loved the storyline about her retreating into a depression! I can imagine that leaving the city she'd called home for the last three years and leaving so suddenly would really be hard. Just goes to show she's certainly not invincible! Some wonderful character moments in there, and a fantastic job by Torri!
                          Spoiler:
                          Was I seeing things or when Jack was talking to Elizabeth in her office, was she on the verge of tears?

Comment

dude! you look so serious! but I can't for the life of me not laugh at teh greenness of you! just damn girl! *huggles*

as for [return]:
                            Spoiler:
                            I often wondered if Elizabeth ever retained any of Pheobus's combat training after TLG. And if return I and II is anything like the storm/the eye, and I'm gonna be very interested in seeing if she actually gets involved with the fighting either full-on or not.
                            A OUT AND PROUD TORRI/ELIZABETH FAN
                            sig made by samjack_girl, icons by me!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              Wicked is amazing! The costumes, the sets, the stage itself with the Time Dragon...and that's before you get to the dance routines and songs

Spoiler:
                              Was I seeing things or when Jack was talking to Elizabeth in her office, was she on the verge of tears?
                              Oh, yes! Everyone I've gone to see it with has come out LOVING it. It's so much fun!

Spoiler:
                              You weren't seeing things, no - I saw the same thing!

Comment

Spoiler:

But I wonder, do you think she took some lessons after TLG? Because I know she certainly kept Phoebus's experience but that doesn't mean she would be that comfortable and easy around guns either. It's been almost a year. I guess we'll see that if she actually shoots the weapon and hits something
                                Spoiler:
                                What I meant with the ease being retained from Phoebus is that her motory fuctions stored those actions in a buffer if you will. It's like writing: you don't need to think to pick up a pen, you just do it automatically. That's what I think it's like for Lizzie holding a P90. I don't think she retained enough of Phoebus to be experienced in shooting or anything. Afterall, she was fighting her for control.

I don't think she took lessons after TLG. If she took lessons at all, I think it would have been after Progeny/TRW. That was the first time she'd been attacked first hand (as opposed to her being in the city when the Wraith were attacking) and that's bound to have shaken her up a little. I think once she'd dealt with that, it's possible she decided that she wanted to be able to defend herself better incase nobody was around to help her.

Comment

Working...
                                X