Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I was so angry at TPTW for what they did with the last two seasons I didn't want to spend my money on their DVD-boxes.... hence why I'm still waiting for them to be really, really, really cheap.
    I'm not sure where you live (I'm in the US) but Amazon had the box set for $35 over the summer (I splurged and actually spent some of my money on myself *gasp* and bought them)
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Aren't those the episodes where Sparky fans get kinda upset?
      Depends on the fan... but I think Eri explains it best...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Depends on your point of view. As an Elizabeth/Torri fan, yes, they're darn upsetting, as they were the end of her regular run on Atlantis.

As a Sparky fan, you could argue they're some of the shippiest episodes of the series, as are the last two featuring 'Elizabeth', This Mortal Coil and Ghost in the Machine. While I think everyone who was Sparky would have infinitely preferred having Elizabeth stay around, at the end of the day, those episodes provided some good fodder for the ship.
      Originally posted by AkureiDark View Post
      Dunno im not a sparky fan more a famslash fan LOL. but what i read one the site i think it will upset the sparky fans im afraid. *hides*
      PM sent!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I only bought them when they came on sale for $13/each.
      Exactly the kind of price range I'm looking for.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      I'm not sure where you live (I'm in the US) but Amazon had the box set for $35 over the summer (I splurged and actually spent some of my money on myself *gasp* and bought them)
      I'm region 2 - Europe. I think the prices are somewhat the same here and there so...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        One can hope, and thank you.

That’s great tattoo and I loved your con report, she does seem like a sweetie and hey, your tweet to Martin Firrell must have worked since she is a part of the project, well, I wanted to say again that it was a great con report and it seem like the whole weekend was just, for lack of better words, magical.

Thank you and she’s tiny? Really? I couldn’t guess that based on SGA since she, with the exception of Andee, always seem sometimes a lot taller than the other women on the show.

I would probably shake with nervousness as well if I ever got the chance to meet her but you’re really lucky that does. And don’t worry about the dyslexia I understood what you wrote, and I’m also not an English native so my English kinda sucks sometimes as well.
        The tattoo came from an autograph I got from Torri (my first) when I went to see her in a production of "Much Ado About Nothing" in LA (I flew cross-country on a whim to see it and it was amazing and I totally forgot to breathe and I still flail and squee when I think about it lol I'm pretty sure I have an LJ entry about that too if you're interested....)

and thanks...I wrote the con report right after I got home and was still all flaily and stuff so I felt like it got all jumbled. Drinks with Torri was amazing (made even better because there was a group of us and we had *normal* conversations rather than just more SGA talk)

and yes, like JT and FH said, Torri is very tall...but she's very slim. However, I heard an interview with her once where she commented on "Echoes" and how if you look closely, you can see her holding onto Joe VERY tightly b/c she's (in her words) "a healthy Welsh"
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

’Lifeline’ was such a bittersweet episode, as a Elizabeth/Torri fan I mean, because while you know that it’s Elizabeth’s last episode for a while and the episode itself and especially Elizabeth’s character was amazing and I was blown away by Torri’s performance in it. It’s sad really that they created such a great story line for Elizabeth, something that did and would have continued giving Torri something really great to do and then the PTB decided to let it drop by letting her go, no, that part is awful but episode itself is pretty good and as a Sparky-shipper, I did love all the Sparky in it.
          ’Lifeline’ was such a bittersweet episode, as a Elizabeth/Torri fan I mean, because while you know that it’s Elizabeth’s last episode for a while and the episode itself and especially Elizabeth’s character was amazing and I was blown away by Torri’s performance in it. It’s sad really that they created such a great story line for Elizabeth, something that did and would have continued giving Torri something really great to do and then the PTB decided to let it drop by letting her go, no, that part is awful but episode itself is pretty good and as a Sparky-shipper, I did love all the Sparky in it.
          'Adrift' is one I tend to forget a lot, though I just love, love, love the scene where Ronon goes in to see an unconscious Elizabeth and what he says, it’s such a powerful scene and it brings tears to my eyes every time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

PM sent!
            *taking a run to box* PM is coming back LOL. *stared at screen* i like this tread ^^
            sigpic

Comment

2012-09-30 13.20.38.jpg

pic i take from torri last time met her. Its a nice pic if you know i was shaking when i took it LOL. Dunno if i have more pic from trekgate i will watch in mine albums if you guys are interest then ^^
              sigpic

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36304[/ATTACH]

pic i take from torri last time met her. Its a nice pic if you know i was shaking when i took it LOL. Dunno if i have more pic from trekgate i will watch in mine albums if you guys are interest then ^^
                That's a beautiful picture of her, thank you for posting it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  That's a beautiful picture of her, thank you for posting it.
                  No problem i loving it also very much ^^. At least one of mine pictures i took from her is good LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Is that at the Expo in Gent?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36304[/ATTACH]

EEEEEEE!!!!!!! She's so cute there! Thanks for sharing the pic, AkureiDark!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Np, she was idd very cute when i took it. She was the whole weekend cute. And funny, sweet enz lol. *having a litle crush one torri. Blushing* No this was this year in dusseldorf. Trekgate to your star its calt. Next year amanda is coming and fiew from stv.
                        sigpic

Comment

Np, she was idd very cute when i took it. She was the whole weekend cute. And funny, sweet enz lol. *having a litle crush one torri. Blushing* No this was this year in dusseldorf. Trekgate to your star its calt. Next year amanda is coming and fiew from stv.
                          Oh... yeah, I saw the website for the next event. Looks interesting. Maybe I should send them a mail about how I know some people (me included) who could provide an almost lifesized Stargate for setdressing purposes.

Comment

I suppose you all noticed torrihigginson.info has been down for some time. I wondered whether anyone here had saved some caps hosted there, especially those from Twas the Night, Turning Page and Balls Up?

Comment

Personally I thought Adrift/Lifeline were among the best best episodes of the Franchise. They were certainly the most emotionally exhausting. Sure it was extremely sad, and I didn't like the way Elizabeth's departure was handled int he end, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad episodes.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yes i saw it to that its down for a while.

No i agreed with you. They are good episodes and you are right with the part with Elizabeth. I realy need to choice other caracters that don't die or go away >.<"
                                Last edited by AkureiDark; 30 December 2012, 02:23 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X