Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Last night I had this weird dream involving Elizabeth. It was kind of sad really, but at the same time the premise was kinda hilarious.

Basically Elizabeth came back as a replicator, but she was a little insane and wanted revenge of the Atlantis expedition. But the reason she wanted revenge was because TPTB cut Torri Higginson from the cast.

I think she might have had a big staredown with Carter too. And the wraith attacked. There's a story in there somewhere. Although Atlantis may have actually looked more like a warehouse than an Ancient city.
    Was it Warehouse 13? Cuz John's been there. You could probably include a little something about the Sanctuary, too, if Carter was involved. And maybe an apocalypse begun at Stonehenge.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Last night I had this weird dream involving Elizabeth. It was kind of sad really, but at the same time the premise was kinda hilarious.

Basically Elizabeth came back as a replicator, but she was a little insane and wanted revenge of the Atlantis expedition. But the reason she wanted revenge was because TPTB cut Torri Higginson from the cast.

I think she might have had a big staredown with Carter too. And the wraith attacked. There's a story in there somewhere. Although Atlantis may have actually looked more like a warehouse than an Ancient city.
      Cool idea. Maybe some unknow character found the the replicators floating and only took her. She ends up in a weird warehouse and catches some virus that makes her go mad. At the end, its Atlantis that fight to save her and figure out a way to make her a body that looks like Weir, not FRAN.

I would love to have tptb find away to bring her back.

Comment

Not that I'd expect them to, but if the PTB wanted to bring her back there would be any number of very easy methods to do so. This dream however was more like an Elizabeth return story with the old rouge semi-villainous Elizabeth idea. But the driving force was that she somehow half came out of character and wanted revenge on the TV show because they TV had dropped her. And I suspect one of the things involved in the dream was she had a problem with Sam because Carter "stole her spot".

Although despite it all there was a serious tone to it all somehow. It's one of the reasons I half suggested there's a fan fic somewhere in there. Because I'm sure somebody could make either a funny or a serious story about a feud between Carter and Weir about being the "real leader of Atlantis."

I think that I probably realized that even at the time because while I'm trying to remember exactly what happened with the dream, I believe that remember I was actually writing a story about it inside the dream.

The only way that could be better is if somebody edited a video trailer about it set to "My Way."
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Not that I'd expect them to, but if the PTB wanted to bring her back there would be any number of very easy methods to do so. This dream however was more like an Elizabeth return story with the old rouge semi-villainous Elizabeth idea. But the driving force was that she somehow half came out of character and wanted revenge on the TV show because they TV had dropped her. And I suspect one of the things involved in the dream was she had a problem with Sam because Carter "stole her spot".

Although despite it all there was a serious tone to it all somehow. It's one of the reasons I half suggested there's a fan fic somewhere in there. Because I'm sure somebody could make either a funny or a serious story about a feud between Carter and Weir about being the "real leader of Atlantis."

I think that I probably realized that even at the time because while I'm trying to remember exactly what happened with the dream, I believe that remember I was actually writing a story about it inside the dream.

The only way that could be better is if somebody edited a video trailer about it set to "My Way."
          I would also like "Whatever Happened to My Part (Diva's Lament)" from Spamalot. Just youtube it. That would be HIlarious
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

And it's even funnier (in a sad way) because of how Carter ended up getting shafted as well, with being given the same lines Weir would otherwise have had and nothing uniquely Carter-esque to do with even less screentime.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            I would also like "Whatever Happened to My Part (Diva's Lament)" from Spamalot. Just youtube it. That would be HIlarious
            Heck, you could turn the thing into a duet with Weir and Carter lamenting how they both got screwed, ending with them realizing that they're in this together and teaming up to go on a rampage against those who wronged them both. Now that would be funny.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Carter came out of the whole deal a little better than Elizabeth did though.

Still, It doesn't make sense that Weir would hate Carter for replacing her anymore than she would be angry at the other characters because the writers wrote her out of the show. But dreams still have "dream logic."
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Carter came out of the whole deal a little better than Elizabeth did though.
                But only a little. At the end of the day, they were both out of sight, out of mind, in their own ways.

Still, It doesn't make sense that Weir would hate Carter for replacing her anymore than she would be angry at the other characters because the writers wrote her out of the show. But dreams still have "dream logic."
                Which is why this idea is perfect for a crack-humor fic opera on the fickleness of the writers.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hai all.

I haven't been here in forever! And I return with a question. I have a friend on Livejournal who has just discovered the Alien movies and has fallen in love with Sigourney Weaver and is obsessed with the fact that she looks similar to Torri Higginson.
                  I remember hearing about something Torri did with her jacket and the zipper kept getting lower throughout the season, or something, but I don't remember where that's from. Was there an interview or something? If so, link? Thanks!

sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                    I remember hearing about something Torri did with her jacket and the zipper kept getting lower throughout the season, or something, but I don't remember where that's from. Was there an interview or something? If so, link? Thanks!
                    I think you're referring to the season 3 episode Irresistable where Weir's zipper kept going lower and lower (or as far as it would go anyway).

At least I think it was that one - and it might have been an interview somewhere or a commentary.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I think you're referring to the season 3 episode Irresistable where Weir's zipper kept going lower and lower (or as far as it would go anyway).

At least I think it was that one - and it might have been an interview somewhere or a commentary.
                      Yup, it was Irresistible. The lowering zipper was a tip of the hat to Sigourney Weaver's character in Galaxy Quest, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Yup, it was Irresistible. The lowering zipper was a tip of the hat to Sigourney Weaver's character in Galaxy Quest, wasn't it?
                        Okay. Thanks
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Yup, that was it.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You know, all this talk about Sigourney Weaver and Torri had me thinking... They look kinda similar, even their voices are a bit similar. Wouldn't it be neat to see them do a movie together where they're playing sisters?

Comment

Has anyone heard anything more about "Smile of April" and when it's going to be available?
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                Has anyone heard anything more about "Smile of April" and when it's going to be available?
                                I'd like to know, too. *pouts*

Comment

Working...
                                X