Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Oh cool. Thanks for that. So it does sound like Misha and Torri are the leads. I don't usually pay attention to the Syfy Channel movies, but I might have to catch this one. I wonder when it's going to air?
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      Yes, it is a movie for Syfy. As has also been posted, Peter Wingfield is in the cast.
      Originally posted by parsifal View Post
      A bit longer summary of the film:

      Spoiler:
      When a group of archeologists dig up a human skeleton near the historical monument of STONEHENGE, an ancient piece of machinery hidden beneath the bedrock is discovered. Not knowing what it could be the workers accidentally trigger the mechanism and start a chain of events that may very well end the world as we know it.


      The film is "Stonehenge Apocalypse". In the storyline - Geomagnetic anomalies set off by Stonehenge mystically rearranging itself cause global volcanic eruptions and other catastrophic geomagnetic events. An unlikely pairing occurs when fringe scientist JACOB GLASER teams up with DR. KAYCEE LEEDS to prevent the earth's extinction, while battling a group of fanatics who are expectantly courting the Apocalypse...

      Peter plays DR. JOHN TROUSDALE. BRITISH. This experienced civilian scientist is Head of the Military Task Force and has been called to Stonehenge to lead a team of scientists investigating the anomalies surrounding the shifting of the stones and the unexplained electromagnetic disturbance that killed several tourists. Clearly at a loss as to how to proceed, horrified by the escalating natural disasters that have killed millions, he is open to listening to Jacob Glaser's seemingly outrageous theories. Initially dismissive, even contemptuous of Jacob's ideas, he later has a change of heart, and agrees to provide Jacob with whatever he needs to implement his plans. Later, Dr. Trousdale proves to be a surprisingly brave soul, willing to sacrifice himself for the possible salvation of mankind...
      Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Oh cool. Thanks for that. So it does sound like Misha and Torri are the leads. I don't usually pay attention to the Syfy Channel movies, but I might have to catch this one. I wonder when it's going to air?
      Parsifal, thank you! I don't really watch Syfy films either, Killdeer, but I'll definitely be watching this one! Seems like Torri and Misha's characters will be working together throughout the film, so that is the best of both worlds for me. You've completely made my day.

      Keep a weather eye open for premiere dates and if anyone finds out, let me know!
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Oh cool. Thanks for that. So it does sound like Misha and Torri are the leads. I don't usually pay attention to the Syfy Channel movies, but I might have to catch this one. I wonder when it's going to air?
        I asked @Syfy, but it might be too soon to know.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          And didn't she play an angel once too?
          Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          If she did, she should ask Misha to talk to Eric Kripke to let her guest star in Supernatural. MAN! That would be like my two favorite worlds colliding in the episode of AWESOME.
          Yep, she played Terra in the short film Save My Soul.

          Torri on Supernatural? Oooh, that could be fun!

          Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          Looks like her character is "Doctor Kaycee Leeds."
          Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          A bit longer summary of the film:

          Spoiler:
          When a group of archeologists dig up a human skeleton near the historical monument of STONEHENGE, an ancient piece of machinery hidden beneath the bedrock is discovered. Not knowing what it could be the workers accidentally trigger the mechanism and start a chain of events that may very well end the world as we know it.


          The film is "Stonehenge Apocalypse". In the storyline - Geomagnetic anomalies set off by Stonehenge mystically rearranging itself cause global volcanic eruptions and other catastrophic geomagnetic events. An unlikely pairing occurs when fringe scientist JACOB GLASER teams up with DR. KAYCEE LEEDS to prevent the earth's extinction, while battling a group of fanatics who are expectantly courting the Apocalypse...

          Peter plays DR. JOHN TROUSDALE. BRITISH. This experienced civilian scientist is Head of the Military Task Force and has been called to Stonehenge to lead a team of scientists investigating the anomalies surrounding the shifting of the stones and the unexplained electromagnetic disturbance that killed several tourists. Clearly at a loss as to how to proceed, horrified by the escalating natural disasters that have killed millions, he is open to listening to Jacob Glaser's seemingly outrageous theories. Initially dismissive, even contemptuous of Jacob's ideas, he later has a change of heart, and agrees to provide Jacob with whatever he needs to implement his plans. Later, Dr. Trousdale proves to be a surprisingly brave soul, willing to sacrifice himself for the possible salvation of mankind...
          Oh, that's delicious! Thanks for the info, parsifal, I'm definitely going to be checking this one out! (And here's hoping it winds up on DVD at some point! )
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            If she did, she should ask Misha to talk to Eric Kripke to let her guest star in Supernatural. MAN! That would be like my two favorite worlds colliding in the episode of AWESOME.
            I know. I would be so excited to see Torri guest star. Preferrably as a recurring character. I'm still crossing my fingers for exactly that if there's a season six.

            This is good news. I usually ignore the Syfy movies, but the cast of this one will make me give it a look. Thanks for the info everyone.

            Comment


              A friend of mine follows Misha Collins religiously on twitter, and here is a picture of him near Stonehenge (or the set, rather). Looks like it's good! None of the pictures feature Torri, however, he only posted 3 or so...

              http://twitpic.com/76hzb

              Misha apparently turned this into a whole twitter-capade about how he'd been arrested by the Queen for threatening Stonehenge and spent months in a British prison because of it, and was asking his twitter followers (he calls them minions) to help him break out. He's a little crazy, that guy!

              crazy awesome!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                A friend of mine follows Misha Collins religiously on twitter, and here is a picture of him near Stonehenge (or the set, rather). Looks like it's good! None of the pictures feature Torri, however, he only posted 3 or so...

                http://twitpic.com/76hzb

                Misha apparently turned this into a whole twitter-capade about how he'd been arrested by the Queen for threatening Stonehenge and spent months in a British prison because of it, and was asking his twitter followers (he calls them minions) to help him break out. He's a little crazy, that guy!

                crazy awesome!
                Ahahahaha!!! Oh, that's hilarious!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  A friend of mine follows Misha Collins religiously on twitter, and here is a picture of him near Stonehenge (or the set, rather). Looks like it's good! None of the pictures feature Torri, however, he only posted 3 or so...

                  http://twitpic.com/76hzb

                  Misha apparently turned this into a whole twitter-capade about how he'd been arrested by the Queen for threatening Stonehenge and spent months in a British prison because of it, and was asking his twitter followers (he calls them minions) to help him break out. He's a little crazy, that guy!

                  crazy awesome!
                  It's awesome to hear Torri's in something new, but I'm crazy jealous that they are allowed so close to Stonehenge lol *is there in two weeks and wants to be that close* ETA: Wait, are they actually filming in England?

                  Thanks for the updates Parsifal!
                  Last edited by SapphireJewelledQueen; 12 September 2009, 06:25 PM.

                  Lovebar made by natz099
                  My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                    It's awesome to hear Torri's in something new, but I'm crazy jealous that they are allowed so close to Stonehenge lol *is there in two weeks and wants to be that close* ETA: Wait, are they actually filming in England?

                    Thanks for the updates Parsifal!
                    I don't know if they actually filmed in England. I don't think you can film in Stonehenge since it's protected (I know Tess of the D'ubervilles filmed a sequence in a Stonehenge looking monument but I don't know if it was actual Stonehenge), but they may have a version of the monument available for filming.

                    Of course, Stonehenge can always be built somewhere else with plywood and foam.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                      It's awesome to hear Torri's in something new, but I'm crazy jealous that they are allowed so close to Stonehenge lol *is there in two weeks and wants to be that close* ETA: Wait, are they actually filming in England?
                      I doubt they would be allowed that close, since there's no way anyone is allowed anywhere near the stones. If you want to hug history, you need to go to Avebury which is a 100 times more impressive than Stonehenge will ever be. In fact, I was quite disappointed by Stonehenge.

                      If you have the time and chance I suggest you visit the burial hills on the other side of the road.

                      Stonehenge is way too tourist-y. Avebury isn't, and what's more there's Silbury Hill, a couple of burial hills, some longbarrows, a woodhenge nearby. Wayland Smithy's a few km away from it, which is not too far from the white horse in the side of the hill of which I can't remember the name.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I doubt they would be allowed that close, since there's no way anyone is allowed anywhere near the stones.
                        Yep, that's why I was asking if they were actually allowed to film around Stonehenge

                        If you want to hug history, you need to go to Avebury which is a 100 times more impressive than Stonehenge will ever be. In fact, I was quite disappointed by Stonehenge.

                        If you have the time and chance I suggest you visit the burial hills on the other side of the road.

                        Stonehenge is way too tourist-y. Avebury isn't, and what's more there's Silbury Hill, a couple of burial hills, some longbarrows, a woodhenge nearby. Wayland Smithy's a few km away from it, which is not too far from the white horse in the side of the hill of which I can't remember the name.
                        Aaaand, I'm already going to those places lol. Thanks for the suggestions though!

                        Lovebar made by natz099
                        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          I don't know if they actually filmed in England. I don't think you can film in Stonehenge since it's protected (I know Tess of the D'ubervilles filmed a sequence in a Stonehenge looking monument but I don't know if it was actual Stonehenge), but they may have a version of the monument available for filming.

                          Of course, Stonehenge can always be built somewhere else with plywood and foam.
                          Kinda like how you can't film at the White House, either. But many productions, like X2 and episodes of SG-1, have had scenes located there.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                            Aaaand, I'm already going to those places lol. Thanks for the suggestions though!
                            Woohoo!! Avebury is awesome. We have to go back there ourselves cause we didn't have enough time last we were there.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Last night I had this weird dream involving Elizabeth. It was kind of sad really, but at the same time the premise was kinda hilarious.

                              Basically Elizabeth came back as a replicator, but she was a little insane and wanted revenge of the Atlantis expedition. But the reason she wanted revenge was because TPTB cut Torri Higginson from the cast.

                              I think she might have had a big staredown with Carter too. And the wraith attacked. There's a story in there somewhere. Although Atlantis may have actually looked more like a warehouse than an Ancient city.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

                              *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

                              "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

                              "Elizabeth..."

                              Comment


                                Hmm, sounds like a good idea for a crack!fic.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X