This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay great find Clark's Girl!

I agree we don't need to see it AT ALL. But we do see it sometimes and this sometimes makes me wonder if he does it when we don't see it.
    TPTB showed us who Sheppard really is, and the only message his behavior passes is that he may often be sleeping with other girls offworld when we don't see it. I will not believe otherwise until TPTB fix him, and that is going to be hard!

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
      I agree with everything said above. I'd also like to add that the argument "oh, but in three years he's only gotten laid once, that's almost monk-like" is pointless in my opinion because we don't have to see him getting laid on television. There doesn't have to be an entire episode dedicated to it. Just like we don't see the other members of the expedition having sex or doing their laundry. If they showed all that, there'd be no time for sci-fi.
      We don't see them going potty, but we know they all do it. Same goes for sex. Its none of our business and it doesn't belong on the show.

We need to see our folks saving the universe, dang it!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        TPTB showed us who Sheppard really is, and the only message his behavior passes is that he may often be sleeping with other girls offworld when we don't see it. I will not believe otherwise until TPTB fix him, and that is going to be hard!
        TPTB made kirking a part of his personality, therefore he's like that even when we don't see it. That's what makes it so bad. His personality changed. Having a few encounters with women isn't the same as becoming a womanizer which is what tptb have admitted to doing. I'm kind of surprised so many people are denying kirking. It's canon. I agree that fixing Sheppard will be a challenge. I just hope they try. I want my much loved show back.

Comment

Yay great find Clark's Girl!

I agree we don't need to see it AT ALL. But we do see it sometimes and this sometimes makes me wonder if he does it when we don't see it.
          Brings to mind the line from The Tower
          Spoiler:
          about "cool technology and openminded women." There must have been both of those somewhere else or why mention it?

They must fix him. And it won't be that hard to do. Just pretend S2 never happened. They're pretty good at hitting the big red reset button.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Theres not even a good reason for why sheppard kirks either, i make an example of BSG again, we've seen why they kirk ocasionaly, its becuase their messed up big time. Sheppards just acting like a teenager

Theres no reason we've seen as to why he kirks

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
              And I respectfully disagree that he has to act out somewhere (though you've got lots of company in your viewpoint!). I'm with Trialia on this one. Adults should find another outlet. It's extremely unprofessional to be looking for your next score while you're doing a job that can involve life-or-death risks to you and others!
              Exactly.....Sanctuary.....ugh.....how stupid could he be?

Comment

yep what Southern Red said!!
                This is one time I wouldn't mind for them to press the big reset button. I just hope they don't screw up again.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy BSG and no reset buttons (as far as I've seen anyway. I'm only in the first season now )

Comment

yep what Southern Red said!!
                  This is one time I wouldn't mind for them to press the big reset button. I just hope they don't screw up again.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy BSG and no reset buttons (as far as I've seen anyway. I'm only in the first season now )
                  Re-set? Why can't we have that in life to?

Nice, I've got four eps left in season two.....Then I'm going to watch season one all over again on DVD. At least they know how to handle the sexual relationships the right way on that show.

Comment

Arrr BSG converts!

I only got into it recently watched all of season 1 in a day! Totaly awesome So many great episodes an characters not to mention space battles

I'll stop gushing, season 2 has been awesomeness!!!! Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                      Arrr BSG converts!

I only got into it recently watched all of season 1 in a day! Totaly awesome So many great episodes an characters not to mention space battles

I'll stop gushing, season 2 has been awesomeness!!!! Enjoy
                      I've been watching it right from the airing of the mini. I was sick and my Mum was looking for something to occupy me. As she watched the original in the seventies.....I've been hooked ever since. BEST show ever! Everyone should watch it.
                      Anyway.....Kirking.....maybe one of the big reasons why ST TOS S3 was so weak was because there was Kirking in practically every single episode.....ugh. Notably the best episodes of that season don't contain Kirking.....

Comment

The mini was awesome, the space battle at the end *jaw hits floor*

I hate kirking when there ain't a damn good reason

Comment

I saw "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" yesterday... It was, um, strange.
                          Last edited by Erised; 04 May 2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

i watched that last night, i asume you've seen flesh an bone?

Total awesomeness *runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                              I completely agree. He's a representative of not only the Atlantis expedition but his planet itself and it is immoral and irresponsible of him to kirk while on duty, no matter how much he's attracted to an off-world woman. That's what p****s me off so much about all of this, volume notwithstanding.
                              Yes, that was the thing I was trying to say. He's not supposed to and not allowed to yet he still does. Do TPTB not have military advisors that warn them about story lines and behaviours that would not be approved of? Damn it! I finished that with a proposition.

And I think that the chain of command goes up the way as well as down. So that would mean Weir is included. Sorry any Shep/Weir shippers, or any shippers at all cause I think I managed to cross out the whole expedition.

But he shouldn't do it on duty. And since they don't show off duty, seriously I can't remember any off duty scenes, we can only assume that he's worse then.
                              Clark'sGirl

Comment

Originally posted by Clark'sGirl
                                Do TPTB not have military advisors that warn them about story lines and behaviours that would not be approved of?
                                I asked that same question long ago and someone said SG1 had an Air Force advisor who reviewed scripts for military accuracy but that SGA did not.

It shows.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X