This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the icon link, Erised.

Jen, don't worry about Q. He's just trying to wind me up. Not gonna happen.... bout as likely as you making me a mod over at Gateshipone.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Jen, don't worry about Q. He's just trying to wind me up. Not gonna happen.... bout as likely as you making me a mod over at Gateshipone.
      I don't worry bout Q! We're just 'playin' a little game. In LizWOW actually.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrat
        Epiphany was fine. What he did there wasn't kirking. It was something that might happen after such a long time. It didn't seem such a long time for us but it was for him.
        Yeah, he had been there for nearly a year at that point. And
        Spoiler:
        she did sort of use emotional blackmail 'I've been waiting for you' . Although I still think it was perfectly possible to show that this was an intelligent, charismatic woman that Sheppard respected and liked without him having to jump into bed with her. I really liked her character up until the point she seduced Shep
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

huh? what? where? *confuzed*

*shoots Qasim*

by the way, John was there for 6 months in Epiphany!

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
            huh? what? where? *confuzed*

*shoots Qasim*

by the way, John was there for 6 months in Epiphany!
            I posted the link but doesn't matter. You shouldn't complain about credits.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
              The hot alien chicks do not include Liz!
              Well if she ends up with Shep I'll need someone to fall back on
              Jen, don't worry about Q. He's just trying to wind me up.
              False accusations!!!!
              Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
              I don't worry bout Q! We're just 'playin' a little game. In LizWOW actually.
              As always I won
              Originally posted by Erised
              *shoots Qasim*
              Your aim isnt very good
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                Yeah, he had been there for nearly a year at that point. And
                Spoiler:
                she did sort of use emotional blackmail 'I've been waiting for you' . Although I still think it was perfectly possible to show that this was an intelligent, charismatic woman that Sheppard respected and liked without him having to jump into bed with her. I really liked her character up until the point she seduced Shep
                my spoiler ridden response (and let's keep spoilers up for EPIPHANY as not everybody has DLed it ....
                BEGIN SPOILERS
                Atually, she made a remark in the field about other 'pleasures' which unless Sheppard was deaf and blind, he could not misconstrue (judging from his expression, he got the hint). Therefore, she didn't necessarily seduce him. Heck, it took nearly six months before anything happened and in this day and age, it seems unheard of.
                At least in the context of the plot, it made sense. Heck, for all he knew, he was stuck there FOREVER.

END SPOILERS

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  Pro-Kirking forever!!! Anti-S.T.A.K.S!!!
                  you are so asking for it, Q!!!
                  ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                    you are so asking for it, Q!!!
                    Why are you offering?
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrat
                      Epiphany was fine. What he did there wasn't kirking. It was something that might happen after such a long time. It didn't seem such a long time for us but it was for him.
                      My problem with Epiphany is that everything happened just a little bit too quickly and he didn't seem to put up much of resistance or make that emotional transition the way Jack did.
                      Spoiler:
                      Same with The Tower... no resistance at all. In fact in that episode, he looked quite desperate for a quick tumble without any suspicion at all that something could be rotten in Denmark.
                      This reminds me of an episode in Firefly called Our Mrs Reynolds in which the main character is being seduced by a very nekkid woman but to his credit... he puts up a fair bit of resistance before finally succumbing... well... sort of ...

In The Hive, on the other hand, we see a Sheppard that we know and love from Home. Suspicious and cautious... clued in, a man with a plan.
                      The Tower makes a mockery of all that... inconsistent characterization and a denigration of the person that we care about.

I don't think it's about us being prudish. If Sheppard was set up as a bit of player like NCIS' Denozzo... I'd be much more understanding. Either TPTB are giving mixed signals about the character or that they are not sure themselves what they want to do with him that doesn't have anything to do with females.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I don't think it's about us being prudish. If Sheppard was set up as a bit of player like NCIS' Denozzo... I'd be much more understanding. Either TPTB are giving mixed signals about the character or that they are not sure themselves what they want to do with him that doesn't have anything to do with females.
                        I'm not a bloody prude, I have no problems with the man hitting the sack with anyone if that is in character.

For me this is about the writers not developing him and then mucking about with the little we think we know of him. The inconsistencies are appalling, one day he is sensible and forward looking, making the hard decisions, the next he can't "see it coming" WTF!

Ooh I seem to have left my niceties at home but I am getting sick of it, I want the Sheppard we had in Coup D'etat, the one from The Defiant One even, not this nasty teenage wet dream, OK I have seriously left my niceties at home.
                        Last edited by Willow'sCat; 13 January 2006, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          My problem with Epiphany is that everything happened just a little bit too quickly and he didn't seem to put up much of resistance or make that emotional transition the way Jack did.
                          Exactly. My biggest problem with Epiphany was that
                          Spoiler:
                          Teer was a Mary Sue. They had absolutely nothing in common. She was dull, lacked personality, humour, meditated all day. Doesn't sound like Sheppard's type. Nether was the Renaissance Bimbo Mara which is why I consider both those episodes Kirking. He only slept with Teer (perhaps Mara as well) because they blatantly offered themselves. It's not very honourable to accept such an offer when you don't even like the woman and you're willing to go to bed with her only because you're stranded on a planet with a limited number of women. It doesn't make any sense. Sheppard isn't like that. Also, if Teer had pre-cognitive abilities and knew he was coming that day and sent her brother to get him, then she would have known that his friends had sent a letter with supplies through the portal. If she cared about him, she wouldn't have let him suffer all day in his room thinking the team had abandoned him so he'd be easier to get. How selfish.

I'm sorry, Epiphany was just so bad I can't even consider it canon.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                            Spoiler:
                            Teer was a Mary Sue. They had absolutely nothing in common. She was dull, lacked personality, humour, meditated all day. Doesn't sound like Sheppard's type. Nether was the Renaissance Bimbo Mara which is why I consider both those episodes Kirking. He only slept with Teer (perhaps Mara as well) because they blatantly offered themselves. It's not very honourable to accept such an offer when you don't even like the woman and you're willing to go to bed with her only because you're stranded on a planet with a limited number of women. It doesn't make any sense. Sheppard isn't like that. Also, if Teer had pre-cognitive abilities and knew he was coming that day and sent her brother to get him, then she would have known that his friends had sent a letter with supplies through the portal. If she cared about him, she wouldn't have let him suffer all day in his room thinking the team had abandoned him so he'd be easier to get. How selfish.

I'm sorry, Epiphany was just so bad I can't even consider it canon.
                            I haven't seen the episode in question, so I can't comment on specifics, but I agree completely with your theroy on the type of women Shep gets involved with.
                            Very interesting to get your take on this episode. It's caused much discussion in our 'other' thread, but I hadn't seen these sort of comments before.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              I haven't seen the episode in question, so I can't comment on specifics, but I agree completely with your theroy on the type of women Shep gets involved with.
                              Very interesting to get your take on this episode. It's caused much discussion in our 'other' thread, but I hadn't seen these sort of comments before.
                              i agree with gooner_diva... the ep was not one of Atlantis' finest!!!!!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                                Spoiler:
                                Teer was a Mary Sue. They had absolutely nothing in common. She was dull, lacked personality, humour, meditated all day. Doesn't sound like Sheppard's type. Nether was the Renaissance Bimbo Mara which is why I consider both those episodes Kirking.
                                If Sheppard wants to be God's gift to Pegasus galaxy women, can't he at least choose ones who are slightly more interesting. Actually, I don't think he has much of a choice, they seem to be foisted on him or they seem to foist themselves on him.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X