This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    You could always do a manip, so that it's Shep and Sam in Star Trek Uniforms.

Anyway, yes, I think that GUP is probably more degrading to McKay's character. He's become so much more likeable since Atlantis, so the episode knocked him right back.

Sorry about the delayed reaction, I instantly think with my Samandan hat!
    Personally, I'd like we got a scary look into McKay's head in "Grace Under Pressure" (plus let's not forget all the variables that got us there). We all know that McKay has the hots for Sam Carter (pretty obvious from those two SG-1 episodes) so I don't think just because he went to Atlantis he'd forget abou ther. And heck, he's a guy. They think about stuff like that (According to studies done by whomever, a lot more than women do! )

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
      Are you sure you've seen all the episodes? Unless you're talking about Atlantis, in which case you're right, but 2 episodes out of 34 is still a lot to waste on Kirking.
      I've seen every single episode. I admit they did it a bit in the earlier seasons but not in the later ones.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Anyway, yes, I think that GUP is probably more degrading to McKay's character. He's become so much more likeable since Atlantis, so the episode knocked him right back.
        Actually, my take on the episode – and this is speaking as someone who isn't wildly for or against McKay – was that we got a very unapologetic look at McKay in this episode. I think this, more than anything we've seen, was who he really is.

Carter was there as a voice of self-doubt, which makes so much sense. She's the one person who's really given him a run for his money professionally, so when he's doubting his plans, the physical manifestation of those doubts would be Carter. And like prion said, we already knew McKay has the hots for her. As for any Kirk aspect,
        Spoiler:
        that was really McKay knowing his plan was idiotic and trying to stop himself from going through with it. And the one thing that's going to distract him from science is a certain blonde wanting to make out with him in the water.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

hey sweet little thread you got going on here - ta muchness for the green tracey jane - it's why i'm here !

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
            Are you sure you've seen all the episodes? Unless you're talking about Atlantis, in which case you're right, but 2 episodes out of 34 is still a lot to waste on Kirking.
            Agreed. This is an awful lot of time dedicated to one-episode stands IMHO. I know that these episodes definitely aren't the reason why I watch Stargate, so mostly they're boring for me. Once in a while is fine, but I'm just praying that it doesn't turn into a regular stint.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
              Hmm, in what way? I personally see it as making him more human, more real. I know you propabley don't really like McKay anyway but I would like to know what you mean? What was degrading?
              I mean that in SG1 he was this insensitive git who fantasised constantly about Carter. I really started to like him in Atlantis, but it does make him seem like a womanising git again, to fantasise about Carter in a bikini.

Bit I s'pose I can't judge. Haven't seen the ep yet. Just read all the spoilers: which, with the detail you get here on GW, is practically the same thing anyway!

Mo, I love giving out green! It's my fave pasttime!
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                I've seen every single episode. I admit they did it a bit in the earlier seasons but not in the later ones.
                They did it a bit in the earlier seasons? Let's see: Brief Candle, Hathor, Enigma, Need, Past and Present, A Hundred Days - all in seasons 1-3. That's quite a bit IMHO, especially when you consider how gut-wrenching Daniel's Kirking was ONE EPISODE after his wife died. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                Once in a while is fine, but I'm just praying that it doesn't turn into a regular stint.
                Exactly. As long as they're in some sort of service of the plot, I don't mind one every now and again, but as soon as it becomes 2 or more a season, it becomes clear they're nothing but fillers.

Comment

If it's showing some bit of character development, it's fine. You know, like (As much as I hate admitting he had a purpose in the show) Pete and Sam.

Comment

bump

Comment

If it's showing some bit of character development, it's fine. You know, like (As much as I hate admitting he had a purpose in the show) Pete and Sam.
                      And if they add to the plot and turn out as evil horses
                      Spoiler:
                      for example, Epiphany.

Comment

Hehe! Well... there's a fine line. A very fine line.

Comment

Okay, I don't think it's very good, but it's finals week at the Art Institute and I've spent the last week having my stuff laid into and ripped apart, so I'm not the best judge.

Please, for God's sake, don't be afraid to tell me you hate it. I can take it, really.

EDIT: Just be sure to tell me what you don't like. My ESP has been off a bit lately. Don't know why...

RE-EDIT: I alredy have a Kirk!Shep manip lying around, if you want me to add it.
                          Last edited by PartyLikeIts1984; 14 December 2005, 10:51 PM.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

I like, it's good. But perhaps the writing should stand out a bit more. I'm not an artist, so I couldn't really judge.

Comment

I like, it's good. But perhaps the writing should stand out a bit more. I'm not an artist, so I couldn't really judge.
                              I agree. The writing should be more visible, otherwise it's great.

Comment

I love it, Shep and Sam, too biggest offenders. Good manunipulation, should go on the head of our thread.
                                Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Working...
                                X