This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prion

Nice to have someone stirring some controversy here. But we're not only talking about Shep. I think Shep has become a kind of "figurehead" for the campaign, seeing as he's the worst offender, but there are members who hate the kirking of all the SG1 characters at various times.

The point is not who does it, or how many times, it's more a case of it being badly written, degrading to the character, and farcical.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

And nice to have you on board, Syera!

Comment

Where can I sign this with my big indelible ink marker?

UhSir

Comment

UhSir, you're added, and welcome to the thread. Nice to have you here.

Comment

I've been thinking of making us a banner. Obviously, it'll have Kirk in all his gold shirted glory, but are there any "top offenders" you want to be on the banner next to him, or do you just want it to be the man himself?

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Well, apart from Lexa Jayde and I, who are everything BUT calm and intelligent.
              Hey... speak for yourself ... i am a very calm and intelligent person... *cough*.... no, really let me say it a couple more times as i try to convince myself...

Yeah.. not working... TJ you are so right!!!!
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Are TPTB trying to live vicariously through Shep or something?

Originally posted by Seshat
                Undeniably. Let me repeat that: YES.
                *Cough* Sheppard-Sue! *Wheeze, gag*
                [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  TPTB are PROFESSIONAL LURKERS around here and they DO see and hear all the complaints and praises. The best way to get their attention is not to directly post to them, but to have calm, intelligent conversations amongst ourselves about what we like and dislike.

THAT is what will get their attention.

You're way too intelligent, FP! You're going to outsmart them at their own game, I can see it now! Quick, get back to 'our' thread for some intelligent conversation!! (you too, Lexa!)

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                    I've been thinking of making us a banner. Obviously, it'll have Kirk in all his gold shirted glory, but are there any "top offenders" you want to be on the banner next to him, or do you just want it to be the man himself?
                    Woohoo! Thanks, Party, that'd be great! I think a lot of people would say Shep is THE top offender, but I think there ought to be an SG1 representative, perhaps Sam "Stargate Barbie" Carter, to represent female kirking and SG1 kirking? There are quite a few SAmandans and shippers concerned about Sam kirking now that Jack and Pete are gone. How about a kind of "no smoking" type sign, but with a Star Trek insignia in between the two (Shep and Sam)?

Just a thought.

And as for you, Lexa Jayde, a woman after my own heart!!! xxx

Comment

There are quite a few SAmandans and shippers concerned about Sam kirking now that Jack and Pete are gone. How about a kind of "no smoking" type sign, but with a Star Trek insignia in between the two (Shep and Sam)?
                      LOL! Priceless! Shep and Sam as the mascots.

Comment

Well, they are the worst offenders from each series, to be fair. So we have one mascot from each series, one male and one female. I think it's perfect.

Well, not perfect. If things were perfect, we wouldn't need this bloody thread.

Shame we can't incorporate the hallowed soapbox, somehow.

Comment

Prion

Nice to have someone stirring some controversy here. But we're not only talking about Shep. I think Shep has become a kind of "figurehead" for the campaign, seeing as he's the worst offender, but there are members who hate the kirking of all the SG1 characters at various times.

The point is not who does it, or how many times, it's more a case of it being badly written, degrading to the character, and farcical.
                          Ah, in other words, the romance of the week type scenario. There should actually be a little chart on the wall in the writers' room at any studios, which lists how many times a character is allowed to have a romance per season (preferably, tiny amounts) and then, once they have exceeded it in episodes, it's banned for the rest of the season. Same thing should go with villians that die and perpetually come back.

The Sam Carter 'black widow' thing was something fans noticed but the writers (if comments on lists are to be believed) were totally ignorant of (never mind, they just write the show). One writer said they had no writers bible and relied on a fan site for details (that's like the fox guarding the henhouse - fan sites are notoriously biased in one aspect or another).

Now if they 'jump the shark' and go really bad, Sam Carter needs to appear on the Dr. Phil show talking about all her dates who die or whatever and half of them are aliens, by the way, and some astrophysicist in another galaxy is always pining away for her.

Comment

I like the wall chart idea, Prion. Perhaps a Christmas gift / new year's resolution for TPTB.

I'd also quite like to see the ep where Carter has to go on Dr Phil or go for counselling because of her bad dating experiences. Could make for a very funny episode. It would also provide a (belated) reason for having her kirk around.

I started a drinking game with my mates. We'd choose characters, then pull episode names out of the hat. Whoever had character of the week romance had to drink. I chose Sam Carter, my best friend chose Shep. We were pretty much unfit to be out in public after the first ten minutes.

Comment

I like the wall chart idea, Prion. Perhaps a Christmas gift / new year's resolution for TPTB.

I'd also quite like to see the ep where Carter has to go on Dr Phil or go for counselling because of her bad dating experiences. Could make for a very funny episode. It would also provide a (belated) reason for having her kirk around.
                              Absolutely! Poor Carter can never really get a good time of it, can she? I heart you Sam! Too bad all your boyfriends kicked the bucket pretty quickly...

I started a drinking game with my mates. We'd choose characters, then pull episode names out of the hat. Whoever had character of the week romance had to drink. I chose Sam Carter, my best friend chose Shep. We were pretty much unfit to be out in public after the first ten minutes.
                              Hee! My little brother and sister and I have ice-cream eating games. No alcohol, but lots and lots of sugar-highs followed, I will assure you!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                                I like Kirk syndrome - allows a steady stream of hot Ancient women
                                Amen to that! I say the more Kirking, the better! Shep's just a Kirker anyway.

*ducks from the incoming barrage*

Comment

Working...
                                X