This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because his blog this week was set in the future, I said,

Talking of the future, are we going to see a reduction in the number of Sheppard one ep romances?

Something along those lines. I did fit in S.T.A.K.S and a link to this thread somewhere too.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'd think that this would work for SGA only. I think TPTB see the writings on the wall for SG-1 (s10) being it's last season. The last season, if they don't deliver high power scripts, no shipping whatsoever, because of the ratings that The Triangle recieved. In my opinion NBC/Uni will be paying much more attention to SG-1 in S10, then ever because it's been on longer.

Because, you can have all the regular/guest stars all you want,but if the scripts fail to deliver, then there is a problem.

Comment

Yes, but the point is that it isn't a huge romantic scene that makes a good script.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Yes, but the point is that it isn't a huge romantic scene that makes a good script.

A great/good script by it's very nature is romantic enough. A great/good story should romance, it should seduce, it should keep you wanting more.
          A romantic story within a great/good story is overkill in my opnion. Remember the old adage--less is more.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Not a bad idea, seeing as how Joe is the main outlet to TPTB available to gateheads. By all means people, make a comment in his blog about Shep and Kirking, but try to not overwhelm the poor guy with tons of posts and above all don't get mean!

Asking Joe about it on his thread is more difficult though. How does one phrase it as a question? It's easy to say "A bunch of us dislike all this Shep-Kirking." but that's more a statement and "Please stop Kirking Shep!" is more of a request/demand.

(I'm fine being on the front page list, btw. )

Well, like I said before...when I met Rachel at the con..she did mention that many of the writers, producers, actors go online and do hear and discuss the comments and suggestions from the posters....why else would they even bother to do what they do here if they didn't pay any attention to it...? I mean Vala is now a regular cast of SG-1 because of all of the response of her character......

Before this thread ever opened, at least I just noticed it here, I have already commented on his latest blog...I did it as a statement that he should really get a new plot for Sheppie besides the Cpt. Kirk role..or something like that..but I know that like three or four posts before mines, Foolish Pleasure also made a comment....

They do listen people...in the ask Joe...let's see...hmmmm..how about...
            Are you planning on continuing to use Joe Flannigan's character, Shep as the new Cpt. Kirk? Wouldn't be a fair assumption that the story is getting monotonous and that if this is the way that Sheppie is going to be viewed as then at least allow some of the other characters to get some loving action as well? I don't know, you guys are better at this than me...but it can be done subtly and without insulting him! I think anyways....I just don't do it becuase of my sig...which is obvious and I've already asked him too many questions regarding some similar topic....shipping... If someone does do it...let me know..I want to see his response and also the question....
            sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy to.... I've only ever asked two questions.

Comment

It is so great to see us all playing nice together. I love the idea of posting comments to JM's blog or in his thread. Just a thought though. It's important not to use the exact words of another person. Companies, politicians, etc. pay little attention to "group" letters. They do listen to individuals, so talk from the heart. All your ideas have been expressed wonderfully. We should be respected for our concerns. There's no reason for them not to listen to us. I mean they did listen to those who want more Vala.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's nice to see this thread growing so fast!

One of the things that really attracted me to the SG fandom was the level of involvement the PTB has with all of us. You don't get that a lot of places.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Despite all my whining about lack of S/J resolve, the PTB do have a lot more contact with their fans in the Gateverse than in most other fandoms. You're right.

And I love seeing the enthusiasm that you guys have and people joining in on this thread, coming together depsite their ship or thunk preference.

Comment

Not to burst anyone's bubble or anything but... (excerp from Rob Cooper interview)

Q: Do the fans' opinions and ideas ever influence your plots, storylines, or character development? And, if so, in what way, instance, or episode(s)?

Cooper: Basically, I'm sorry to say, no. We make the show we want to watch. And often we have planned far ahead of what fans are seeing in terms of plot and character. It is interesting to see people try to predict what's going to happen. Some have been bang-on and I'm sure took credit for their clairvoyance with big smiles. There have been a few exceptions, but not many. What we do pay attention to are bigger overall issues that seem to make people like and dislike the franchise.

What makes the show successful? People like the team interaction. The sense of humor. The action and adventure aspects. We listened to what people liked about SG-1 and tried to make sure we incorporated those elements into Atlantis when we were creating it.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Yes, but "kirking" could be or become one of these bigger issues that make people dislike the franchise. It bores people, annoys people, makes them turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
                          On another note, I think it will be just more productive and more direct if people write in J. Mallozzi's blog and in the ask J.Mallozzi thread....in my opinion...do it subtly, but someone should definetly mention this thread and how many of us feel...just some food for thought!
                          Spamming Mallozzi's blog or his thread won't help anything. No one wants to be "beaten" up. Besides, he has already said he skips a lot of the repetitive and negative posts anyway.

Just be aware that TPTB do lurk around here - a LOT, and you can bet your next paycheck that they are well aware of how we feel on this issue. Since season 2 is already complete, we are just going to have to "live" with it, and hope TPTB have better sense when it comes to season 3.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Spamming Mallozzi's blog or his thread won't help anything. No one wants to be "beaten" up. Besides, he has already said he skips a lot of the repetitive and negative posts anyway.
                            Agreed. Spamming Mallozzi's blog might sound like a good idea/the fastest way to get our point across, but I don't think it's a good one. After reading all the vile stuff that he was bombarded with since the whole Carter issue, I'm pretty sure he'd tell the other producers to do the opposite just to spite us.

Since we know for a fact that TPTB read this forum, and since this thread has so far been nothing but a peaceful expression of our disagreement, we can assume that it would be taken much more seriously than a "Hey, Joe, what's with this Kirking, man?" on his blog.

Comment

I'm a dedicated shipper, but with this kirking...I'd rather have no ship than kirking.

Comment

you know, shipping doesn't bother me. obviously i have preferences for some pairings over others, but ship is a natural part of any and every show.

kirking gets on my nerves when it becomes predictible.

that was always the 'issue' with sam's boys, you got to the point that you just knew the guy was gonna buy it because he'd gotten involved with sam

kirking is unavoidable, but when it becomes so frequently used that it becomes a cliche...then it's too much
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X