This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GatetheWay
    Carter: the Black Widow. Though that was disproved when Pete lived through his expierence. But still it did take them 8 years to give her a boyfriend that lives past his time with her.
    that's largely because the writers didn't even realize the habit they'd set up until fans started pointing it out to them.

they were unconsciously making sam a black widow and weren't even paying attention that they also killed all of them off
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What exactly defines Kirk syndrome? Does a single fling constitute Kirkifacation? Dont get me wrong, half of my fav ship going nuts for some random girl irked me, but, I'd almost certainly have done the same thing. One alien fling=realism (ALOT of men have this fantasy) 3 or more?=Kirk IMHO. That said, I'll sign up since I never want Johnny boy to go bed hopping 'round Pegasus.

Comment

I think Sam's been labelled as every guest guy falls for her or pines after her...not because she's been more slutty than the guys.

I think Daniel's the biggest slut out of all of them!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeah, and he was suppose to be married for the first three years!

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
          Spoiler:

Comment

I think the worst example of Kirking was Daniel and Kiera...in fact that was the ep that was just on a moment ago

Daniel was meant to be totally devoted to Sha're, and while he can't be blamed for Hathor...Kira's another story
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I know what you mean. I had nver seen FisD and PaP in order so I had not idea till recently that Sha're had in fact died in episode right before PaP!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Yeah, the original.

You're all signed on the first pages as members / supporters of S.T.A.K.S!
                Wo0t!

I think the using Shep as sex appeal is insulting too. The guy is a math geek, and has so much angst potential, but all they end up doing is tossing him in scenes with some boobs. Well, maybe no that extreme, but I was upset that they gave up back story in exchange for a romance.

This is a problem with lots of shows though. They feel the need to end at the same spot they start in or something, with little or no changes to the real world.

Gatelover12 has a point, we should probably come up with a definition of Kirkiness if we're going to keep this thread up. Here's what I propose as a starter:

Kirk Syndrome -
                Noun
                The inclination of a character (generally male) to fall for/seduce/be enchanted by (mystically or otherwise) the local alien sex pot (usually female) and engage in a relationship (generally sexual, or the Ancient, glowy, tentacle equivalent) that lasts for only and episode or two and is never mentioned again and has no apparent side effects or strong emotional attachments.

Anyone can feel free to add on, and when we come up with something that fits, we can stick it up at the top of the thread.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Good def Party I think it should be on the first post so new people get it.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                    Wo0t!

I think the using Shep as sex appeal is insulting too. The guy is a math geek, and has so much angst potential, but all they end up doing is tossing him in scenes with some boobs. Well, maybe no that extreme, but I was upset that they gave up back story in exchange for a romance.

This is a problem with lots of shows though. They feel the need to end at the same spot they start in or something, with little or no changes to the real world.

Gatelover12 has a point, we should probably come up with a definition of Kirkiness if we're going to keep this thread up. Here's what I propose as a starter:

Kirk Syndrome -
                    Noun
                    The inclination of a character (generally male) to fall for/seduce/be enchanted by (mystically or otherwise) the local alien sex pot (usually female) and engage in a relationship (generally sexual, or the Ancient, glowy, tentacle equivalent) that lasts for only and episode or two and is never mentioned again and has no apparent side effects or strong emotional attachments.

Anyone can feel free to add on, and when we come up with something that fits, we can stick it up at the top of the thread.
                    Captain Kirking
                    Verb
                    The art of a male lead charater to engage in a babe a week episode romantic fling ala Star Trek The Original Series.

Kirk
                    Adjective
                    The way to describe a lead male character who has a tendecny to display attribute associate with Captain Kirk from TOS.
                    Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                      Captain Kirking
                      Verb
                      The art of a male lead charater to engage in a babe a week episode romantic fling ala Star Trek The Original Series.

Kirk
                      Adjective
                      The way to describe a lead male character who has a tendecny to display attribute associate with Captain Kirk from TOS.
                      Definitely. All of these should go at the top of the thread.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Welcome toS.T.A.K.S
                        The petition to stop TPTB Kirking Around with our fave characters!

Whatever ship you may be sailing on, the whole Character of the Week romance annoys us all. It's degrading and distracting, and for shippers, highly annoying.

Please sign up and vent!

Current Members and Supporters Include:
                        Tracy Jane
                        gooner diva
                        Skydiver (All Hail the Mod Presence)
                        Reyclou
                        Vee
                        sueKay
                        Cpt. Ritter
                        GatetheWay
                        knocknashee
                        Southern Red
                        Naughtrish
                        FoolishPleasure
                        Melyanna
                        Lexa Jayde
                        PartyLikeIts1984
                        ToasterOnFire
                        LurkerLa
                        scjon
                        Hey hey hey... I never said I supported anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
                          Captain Kirking
                          Verb

Kirk
                          Adjective
                          Wouldn't this def let them get off for years of Sam meets guy, has fling, guy dies?

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                            Wouldn't this def let them get off for years of Sam meets guy, has fling, guy dies?
                            Okay, replace Male character with any lead character, I'm just furious over the Captain Kirking for Shep in Atlantis more than anything.
                            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Hello.

I'm a wee little new comer 'round these parts but after lurking for a bit and seeing this thread, I figured it'd be good to add my name amongst the many already here.

I'm totally for stopping the Kirk Syndrome. So please add my name to the list if it's ok? I will have to add my thoughts on this a bit later as I am in a hurry at the moment. That is of course, if it is welcome and/or wanted.

Comment

Sign me up! I don't like being messed with!

Comment

Working...
                                X