X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toaster -
    Spoiler:
    Oh, imagine if John had flirted with Cadman. i wouldn't want to be him for his next physical.

I don't really ship anything realistic for canon, and I'm fine with that. Some shows are good at romantic relationships, and some shows aren't. In Stargate, the pairings are so loaded with either regs, or morality (Sparky isn't against military regs, but would be hard to pull off).

I wouldn't mind seeing a re-occuring boyfriend or girlfriend for our leads, but by re-occurring I mean more than two episodes, and hopefully with some emotional continuity. One epi stands are rarely mentioned again, which makes them even more unrealistic. So, Shep slept with Acended Ancient Chick #2, but I doublt it will be mentioned in any emotional context again. That's what really bothers me. There is so little emotional and relationship continuity in the show.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
      Hey - just popping in briefly before the water for my dinner boils over to say count me in on the whole anti-Captain Kirking thing.

Oh, crap, just heard it sizzle on the stove...
      glad to have you here La *thumbs up*
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        But I think in our hast we have waundered away from the topic at hand.
        I'm all for Shep to have backstory but back on topic...

Why do TPTB do the Kirk thing so often with Sheppard? Is it because he relies on his charm so much or something else?
        You know, I can't think of a suitable response at the moment...only that I find it insulting to Joe's talents as an actor. What makes it worse is, that they couldn't fill his role for a long time, cos they couldn't find the right person. I'm starting to think they only wanted eye-candy. It seems to be a bit of a thing with all of the roles I've ever seen Joe play, apart from Brendan Dean in Thoughtcrimes...

Ask me when I'm not wired from the fact that Joe is coming to the UK next year, and I'm going to that con!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
          Ask me when I'm not wired from the fact that Joe is coming to the UK next year, and I'm going to that con!
          OMG, yeah, he is coming! I'm considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
            i will be in that *raises hands in the air*
            Will soooo be there...

Oh, and Tracy, I'm officially in S.T.A.K.S... best idea I've heard on here in a long time...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              Will soooo be there...

Oh, and Tracy, I'm officially in S.T.A.K.S... best idea I've heard on here in a long time...
              S.T.A.K.S. could serve as a petition, no?

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                LMAO! How about you, Tracy? Your thread is moving at the speed of light.
                Firstly, I'm more SG1 than SGA, I think it'd be more convincing from a committed SGA type. Secondly, the only reason this thread is moving quick is because a) it strikes a nerve with S/J, S/W and S/T shippers alike and b) you guys are wicked cool and squeeable!

Er, yes, back on topic. Possibly because girlfriend-of-the-week episodes are easiest to write?
                Exactly. Especially in the case of Sam + Boyf of the Week, it's the following
                * Meet a guy
                * Kiss a guy
                * Kill a guy/
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Carter: the Black Widow. Though that was disproved when Pete lived through his expierence. But still it did take them 8 years to give her a boyfriend that lives past his time with her.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    * Meet a guy
                    * Kiss a guy
                    * Kill a guy/
                    LOL! That'll teach me not to read things while eating!
                    ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                    The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

* Meet a guy
                      * Kiss a guy
                      * Kill a guy/
                      poor sam... i remember all those and now i am happy that she is "Not Exactly" single...
                      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
                        S.T.A.K.S. could serve as a petition, no?
                        Don't see why not.
                        always and forever
                        My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                        My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                          Carter: the Black Widow. Though that was disproved when Pete lived through his expierence.
                          I dunno - I still have this vague feeling that somehow it'll hold true. Y'know - he'll be trying to sell the house and while he's going to meet the realtor, he'll get hit by a car and die, or something. Then his death will be indirectly related to Carter...
                          ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                          The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Hehe! Big thump on the back for you, Lurker La!

GateTheWay: Yes, you're right. But he did still get fired at! Thankfully, that was the end of her Character of the Week romance. Touch Wood.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                              I dunno - I still have this vague feeling that somehow it'll hold true. Y'know - he'll be trying to sell the house and while he's going to meet the realtor, he'll get hit by a car and die, or something. Then his death will be indirectly related to Carter...
                              I can see the headlines in the local paper: CARTER CURSE STRIKES AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                                Don't see why not.
                                If we keep it on the first page, that shows the popularity in itself. Though, I s'pose I could edit the first page to make a list of names.

Comment

Working...
                                X