This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAKS: The Anti-Kirking Discussion Thread

Doesn't matter what the thread's meant to be about anymore, or so it seems.
    Last edited by Tracy Jane; 17 July 2006, 04:23 AM. Reason: List Update
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

I wholeheartedly endorse this initiative. Let's leave the 1967 Kirk syndrome where it belongs - in ST: TOS.

Comment

I like Kirk syndrome - allows a steady stream of hot Ancient women
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

LOL

well i do have to admit that it does get rather predictible that, if the guest star is a female, it'll likely be daniel, jack or cam who 'relates' with her, while if it's a male, then poor sam has a boyfriend on every planet (most of which die )

first of all, t-man really needs to get more action, and second of all, why does it always have to be RELATIONSHIP?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Grr. If I wanted to watch Kirk, I'd watch Trek.

Comment

Well I'm not a shipper, but I applaud your efforts. The Kirk syndrome is ridiculous. I loved Star Trek, but I would never go for a man wearing a gold shirt with black boots. Tacky!

Sadly I agree with Skydiver though. If a guest star is the opposite gender of a main character, they are probably going to suffer from uncontrollable libido syndrome.

Comment

Glad I'm not alone!

And yes, you're right, Skydiver. I mean, yes, Daniel, Jack etc have multiple women (I almost wrote boyfriends then, oops!) but Sam has every male character going. Not good for her supposed integrity, and if J/S is canon, why have her with every male guest going?

Comment

*reads thread*

*nods head in agreement*

Yup...DOWN WITH KIRK SYNDROME!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'm in complete agreement. Captain Kirking is a waste of screen time and degrades the characters who are participating. I especially hate it when it's interferring with my favorite ship. (**READ THE SIG**)
                  Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Yes, just bumped into you on your ship's thread. I like the term "Captain Kirking" as a verb. Nice!

Comment

Well, in certain cases the Kirk thing isn't too bad if it is done once in a great while for example McKay in The Brotherhood if you count that one. But I reall ydislike it when it is done so badly like Sheppard in Sanctuary.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

This is what I was saying about the whole upcoming
                        Spoiler:
                        Shep/Weir kiss in TLG
                        . I couldn't give a hoot about said event and the connoctations, more how they are degrading Sheppard's character.

It's just getting boring now. Whilst I can't say Epiphany is the worst SGA ep I've ever seen, I found it disappointing that
                        Spoiler:
                        the backstory elements that Joe Flanigan has raved about adding to his story were ripped out by TPTB in favour of him chewing face with another woman. It was just unnecessary to the storyline me thinks, to have him copping off, yet again. And only 4 episodes after *that* kiss with Teyla - circumstances aside.

Not to mention the fact that I think "Captain Kirking" Sheppard is just a waste of Joe Flanigan's acting abilities...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Occasionally Kirking can be useful to character development and stuff, like GatetheWay said. I tried to think of an example. I was going to say in the case of Jack/Kerry, it highlighted his feelings for Sam, but at the end of the day, the whole episode was pointless.

Occasional romantic interaction is human. However, every week is just stupid. It makes the characters seem like a load of Freshers, hell bent on bedding as many as possible in a year/season.

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                            Spoiler:
                            Shep/Weir kiss in TLG
                            . I couldn't give a hoot about said event and the connoctations, more how they are degrading Sheppard's character.

It's just getting boring now. Whilst I can't say Epiphany is the worst SGA ep I've ever seen, I found it disappointing that
                            Spoiler:
                            the backstory elements that Joe Flanigan has raved about adding to his story were ripped out by TPTB in favour of him chewing face with another woman. It was just unnecessary to the storyline me thinks, to have him copping off, yet again. And only 4 episodes after *that* kiss with Teyla - circumstances aside.

Not to mention the fact that I think "Captain Kirking" Sheppard is just a waste of Joe Flanigan's acting abilities...
                            I whole heartedly agree with you in that aspect. I'd rather see no ship, than these pathetic excuses for romance that are Captain Kirking. Seriously, that was the 60s. This is the modern day. That's why I joined this thread. All shippers, and even non-shippers can agree that Captain Kirking is a waste.
                            Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                              Spoiler:
                              Shep/Weir kiss in TLG

Spoiler:

Boy have you hit the nail on the head. This whole scenario has been bothering me since Sanctuary, and now we learn it's going to get even worse this year. I guess the upside is if you guest star on SGA, you know you're going to get to kiss Joe Flanigan. (and you're a woman, of course) Not only do we not have any back story on him, now we're led to believe he is willing to hook up with every woman who comes along. Oh wait, are they trying to convince us that he's irresistible? If so, I think we figured that one out a long time ago. But in spite of that, some of us would like to see more of his acting ability. Ship prejudice aside, IMHO the Kirk thing is getting old.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                              X