This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    My point of "kirking" irritation with Sheppard happened in "Aurora", when here he was, facing REAL Ancients - what does he do/say? Uh, he looks at the hot First Officer, checks her up and down, gets a cutsy smile and starts to flirt, and my thoughts were, "Oh please, NO!" But I guess the fact she
    Spoiler:
    was a Wraith in the end
    made it okay in the eyes of TPTB. That ONE scene ruined the entire episode for me. I rank "Aurora" as one of the worst of the season.
    Originally posted by Wolf Eire
    The scene where he steps on the bridge of the Aurora for me is possibly the worst example of Kirking in Stargate in some ways. As he pauses, checks her out in an obvious way in front of the bridge crew, and then has to readjust himself. I don't know why that was necessary. Consider the gravity of the situation, he (team leader no less) is meeting live Ancients and he does this. He looks so silly and it's poor for a leader. This is more dangerous than other more obvious Kirking in some ways as it is so natural from him. Almost subconscious. He does the same thing in Condemned to a lesser extent when he turns his head to check out some blonde walking by when they're being lead somewhere. It's almost as if it's been inherently engrained into the character.
    Although I had read several posters mention Condemned and Aurora as examples of Kirking I didn't remember the details until these posts prompted me to review the episodes. Whoa! In light of recent Kirk-like episodes the scene in Condemned is annoying, but the scene in Aurora just makes me shake my head in disgust. What was that? What were they thinking to have Sheppard behave that way? If they were going for laughs, they didn't succeed.

Here's hoping that TPTB gets the message and steer away from such attempts at humor next season and seriously try to salvage this character before it's too late.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

*runs to the general discussion thread*

sign me up for 1. Hate It!!!!!!!!!!
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Hey there guys. Well done Foolish for crawling over to the mods. Hallowed are the Mods!

Atlantean, it's nice to see you using the STAKS logo as your sig.

Toaster, pass me some punch.

Madeline, I have to say, I grudgingly go two as well... I think you have to make the occasional allowance, as much as I hate admitting it.

Everyone: Say no to Kirking!
        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          POLL IS NOW UP UNDER GENERAL DISCUSSION!

Mods are sooo cool!
          Just voted right now. And of course you already know the option.

OPTION 1 FOREVER

DOWN WITH KIRKING

I'll stop saying that now....I promisse this was the last time....If I can control myself....

*goes away *
          Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

down with kirking!!!!!!!!

Comment

Voted too. Guess what I've chosen!
              Most vote for 'hate it' or 'once'. And that's good, isn't it?
              sigpic

Comment

Up with Kirk Syndrome, only with me not with Stargate characters. Lots of hot women for me. Oh yes.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

There's a difference between hot women and hot women getting off with our fave characters. Nothing against hot women at all.

Comment

One more for the collection:

Anyone recognise the page on McKay's computer? Nice to see him doing something worthwhile. Maybe he really is a genius after all!

Comment

^LOL! I like it.
                      Rodney really has this 'he-is-Kirk-and-what-about-me?' look on his face.

Edit: just checked out the poll, 3/4 are against it/took 'once'.
                      Imo it showes that we weren't wrong. Most don't appreciate kirking.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                        ^LOL! I like it.
                        Rodney really has this 'he-is-Kirk-and-what-about-me?' look on his face.

Edit: just checked out the poll, 3/4 are against it/took 'once'.
                        Imo it showes that we weren't wrong. Most don't appreciate kirking.
                        isnt that great... people are starting to take notice.... Kirking is sooo old!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                          isnt that great... people are starting to take notice.... Kirking is sooo old!!!!
                          Thought of sth very very mean but won't type that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Thought of sth very very mean but won't type that.
                            you are too nice eh?

kirking was the thing of the past... we are a more mature audience now!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                              you are too nice eh?

kirking was the thing of the past... we are a more mature audience now!!!!
                              I know, I know! Well, I am, am I?

Sorry, it was just Kirk and...
                              *can't do this, I'm not mean* lala
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                                Although I had read several posters mention Condemned and Aurora as examples of Kirking I didn't remember the details until these posts prompted me to review the episodes. Whoa! In light of recent Kirk-like episodes the scene in Condemned is annoying, but the scene in Aurora just makes me shake my head in disgust. What was that? What were they thinking to have Sheppard behave that way? If they were going for laughs, they didn't succeed.

Here's hoping that TPTB gets the message and steer away from such attempts at humor next season and seriously try to salvage this character before it's too late.
                                It really is shocking. Who is to blame though? Is it Flanigan improvising or did someone direct him that way?

Comment

Working...
                                X