Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I'm so there. Definitely sign me up when you get a chance, Tracy Jane! This is a noble cause. Kirking episodes are not only detrimental to the characters, but quite tedious to boot.
    Andi

Comment

Originally posted by Andigator
      Oh, I'm so there. Definitely sign me up when you get a chance, Tracy Jane! This is a noble cause. Kirking episodes are not only detrimental to the characters, but quite tedious to boot.
      Hey you're a complete sparky and anti kirker!! That's awesome! Welcome here as well!

Comment

down with kirkers (wait... that could be misconstrued...)

Kirk ruined TOS, dont let him ruin SGA. Stop possessing our Shep!!! Get our, you dirty, dirty old man!! >< Stop frolicking with younger womens!! ><

Personally, i hated 100 days (except the sam bits), and i liked the tower apart from the sheppard bits, so... there you go. Sam, i dont mind having boyfriends, it's cute. Besides, it stuck one up Jack who took too long. *except pete, i didnt like him. but nerim was cute before he was simon and martouf was cute too.*

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
        http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
          Hey you're a complete sparky and anti kirker!! That's awesome! Welcome here as well!
          Hey, thanks so much! I heart this thread. Virtually every faction of the fandom can get behind STAKS. The funny thing to me is that TPTB seem to be aware of the absurdity of kirk syndrome. The Wormhole X-Treme parody is just one example of that...
          Spoiler:
          and also McKay's comment to Shep about ascended women.
          If they're not oblivious then I'm really curious as to why it gets written at all. If ratings actually get boosted... blech.
          Andi

Comment

Yeah, you got a point there. They seem totally aware of the absurdity.

Well, the day we understand TPTB.....!
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I sorta liked "100 Days" and don't consider Jack doing the "Kirkin" thing in that episode. He didn't become involved with Laira for several months, and only when he admitted that he probably never was going home. The only prob I had was the ending - which left us in the air as to whether or not she was pregnant. That should not have been done, as it made Jack seem like a bit of a scum bag.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Yeah, you got a point there. They seem totally aware of the absurdity.

Well, the day we understand TPTB.....!
                ... i'll keel over i tell you all....

TPTB need to know that what they are writing about the kirking and stuff is not cool by 90% of the fans i reckon... i wonder what they would say to us if we sat them down and asked them... WHY????????
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  I sorta liked "100 Days" and don't consider Jack doing the "Kirkin" thing in that episode. He didn't become involved with Laira for several months, and only when he admitted that he probably never was going home. The only prob I had was the ending - which left us in the air as to whether or not she was pregnant. That should not have been done, as it made Jack seem like a bit of a scum bag.
                  That's true, but I would still call it Kirking. Yes, it was over a period of months, but there was still no follow up. She was slept with then forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                    ... i'll keel over i tell you all....

TPTB need to know that what they are writing about the kirking and stuff is not cool by 90% of the fans i reckon... i wonder what they would say to us if we sat them down and asked them... WHY????????
                    We tried it on Joe's blog. He blamed the ancient gene. Grrrrrrr.

Comment

Maybe we should ask the mods for an official poll on the whole "kirking" thing - for SG1 and SGA. Stick it right on GW's front page (where the Vala poll now resides) so that TPTB can't miss it!

Comment

Might be worth doing. Do we have a member who's "in" with the GW PTB?? Oh... Sky might do it for us.

Comment

If you want a poll, think of what poll options you think would work.

You need, ideally, to have a range of options, and since not everyone will be au fait with the phrase (I think we all have a rough idea, but need to read the thread to get the exact nuances) you might want to think of a brief definition of what KS is.

Once you've got your set of questions, run it by a mod if you want to have a forum poll (Gipsy, Skyand David have done a lot of polls and would be good at suggestions for refining things, but any of us would do it if you were sure of what you wanted asked) or send it to Darren or David as a suggestion for a poll for the main site.
                          Last edited by Madeleine; 03 January 2006, 07:14 AM.

Madeleine

Comment

Thank you! Anyone up for organising this, guys?

Comment

Something like this?

How do you feel about "Kirking" in the Stargate universe?

1. Hate it - never want to see it again!

2. Once a season is okay.

3. Okay, but more age appropriate (no 40 year old officers with prom queens).

4. More - Bring on the hot alien babes of the week!

(I'm sure someone can do better than that. .*LOL*)

Comment

Until I manage to get a rotating sig going (I have no ida how at the mo) here's a little something:

Comment

Working...
                                X