X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Lily
    replied
    Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    Anyone want to keep a scoresheet this season on Shep's activities? That would be kind of funny.....
    I don't think we need to worry... any hint... or a whisper and this thread will heat up faster than my kitchen stove.

I just want Sheppard to go back to the interesting character we all believed he could be.

Leave a comment:

• FoolishPleasure
    replied
    Anyone want to keep a scoresheet this season on Shep's activities? That would be kind of funny.....
    I'm hoping we don't have to do that. So far the teasers haven't whispered of any kirkin' so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this thread can finally die.

Leave a comment:

• shelsfc
    replied
    With a bit of luck (and some more thought put into storylines) there'll be no need!! Though the shipper in me really wants some Sheppard/Weir...

Leave a comment:

• Trek_Girl42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lissa1000
    replied
    Yep, the original Star Trek could be pretty eye rolling. In one episode a female alien wants Kirk to teach her about kissing. I saw that when I was a kid and even then I thought it was ridiculous. It's mind boggling why the Stargate folks would want to imitate that.

Leave a comment:

• Unorthodox
    replied
    You know, I didn't pay much attention to Kirk's Bimbo-ing on TOS untill I read this thread. Now, I realize that I enjoyed episodes like "The Doomsday Machine", which didn't include any Kirking whatsoever. Heck, "The Doomsday Machine" is my favorite episode! Sign me up for ANTI-KIRKING!

Now I'm going to make a siggy about the Doomsday machine...

Leave a comment:

• dancer_4_daniel
    replied
    Just look at Kirk's boots and those are the godawful go go boots... yeesh!

Leave a comment:

• Trek_Girl42
    replied
    Originally posted by lissa1000
    Yep, those are the boots go-go dancers would wear. I think it's time you watched some Austin Powers movies.
    I saw all those but can't remember them much.....

Leave a comment:

• lissa1000
    replied
    What are go-go boots? I take it they're something sixties-ish?
    Yep, those are the boots go-go dancers would wear. I think it's time you watched some Austin Powers movies.

Leave a comment:

• Trek_Girl42
    replied
    Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel
    Oooh, sign me up as a supporter of this thread! I HATE the Kirking that goes on. Leave it with the go-go boots, people!
    What are go-go boots? I take it they're something sixties-ish?

Leave a comment:

• dancer_4_daniel
    replied
    Oooh, sign me up as a supporter of this thread! I HATE the Kirking that goes on. Leave it with the go-go boots, people!

Leave a comment:

• andi_b
    replied
    Hmm... I actually kinda liked Chaya, she had an air of mystery about her at least. Teer was the archetypal random brunette, like Jack's woman in SG-1's 100 days. But Mara and the Inferno bimbo, I'm just offended at. What a disgrace to Sheppard's character. It still makes me angry just reading about it, let alone watching it

Leave a comment:

• gooner_diva
    replied
    Chaya.....ugh.....no one would have seen anything in that character beyond looks. How could an ancient be so uninteresting?
    Yeah, and the fact that she lied to the team about who she was and allowed herself to be kinda worshipped by the villagers made her sound more like an Ori than an Ancient.

Leave a comment:

• Trek_Girl42
    replied
    Originally posted by Trialia
    Of course, I wasn't talking about the actresses. They may be very nice people. I just don't like the characters. But yeah, Chaya wasn't exactly an engaging person, and since she focused solely on John out of the Atlantis team she ended up being pretty rude to the rest of them, which I think is what really got my goat with her.
    Chaya.....ugh.....no one would have seen anything in that character beyond looks. How could an ancient be so uninteresting?

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Originally posted by lissa1000
    The problem with Chaya was that she was really bland and not very nice. I get the feeling he only liked her for her looks. I was kind of offended that they made the scientist in Inferno an airhead. Couldn't they have at least made her smart? It was pretty obvious they were targeting young males.

Disclaimer - I don't think any of these actresses are lacking in any way. I think the characters were written and directed poorly.
    Of course, I wasn't talking about the actresses. They may be very nice people. I just don't like the characters. But yeah, Chaya wasn't exactly an engaging person, and since she focused solely on John out of the Atlantis team she ended up being pretty rude to the rest of them, which I think is what really got my goat with her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X