Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    I think that's also one of the only times in the series that Teyla used a contraction, instead of saying "do you not?"
    Oh, yeah that is true. She rarely used them. This is giving me a idea.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    For those of you interested, I'm hosting a John and Teyla Secret Elf Exchange in Beya, a John and Teyla Livejournal Archive Community.

It should be really fun. And it promises to have many fanarts, vids and fics. So, come and join the fun and come see and admire all the pretties even if you aren't a JT shipper.

Here is the first present. You can leave an anonymous comment.

First Present Wave is On its WAY!!! Present number 1 has been posted and the rest will come periodically throughout the day. ENJOY! and leave comments!

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/179309.html
    Jeyla, the gifts were wonderful!! I’m looking forward to the next batch.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yes it has, I don't think it's been a particularly good year for most folks Everyone we've met can't wait to see the back of this year It was August last year I changed it I loved madasafish but it was just too dear for me.
    Yeah, it does seem like that. Really that long!! Wow, time is flying. Too dear for you?

It's a pity Rodney didn't fall down a really big hole to never be seen from again
    *THUD* that sound you just heard is me falling off my chair at work! And ouch!
    sigpic
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

It's a pity Rodney didn't fall down a really big hole to never be seen from again
      *falls through floor laughing* I'd green you but I can't so I'll do this instead *huggles Linda and perchs in her hair like a pretty bow*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

It was making me sad and depressed and angry so I decided to take a long sabbatical from SGA. S5 ruined the whole show for me and JT became possibly irreversibly damaged in the process

*wanders off to check out the goodies*
        Well we have the books to look forward to and the first one will heavily feature Teyla...

And I think the direction for John and Teyla after Eatg will be a lot better than what the writers did with it...

Hope you are keeping well othewise..
        sigpic

Comment

What Blue said, Linda. Don't give up hope. We didn't imagine John and Teyla. They were in love with each other...at least very attracted to each other. Rachel has confessed and Joe was well that they were playing the part and that in fact, they were hoping for more of John and Teyla in Season 6. That the writers copped out...they did it for the entire season for all the characters except for Rodney and Jennifer. So, I simply and completely ignore just about everything that happened in Season 5 besides Search and Rescue and the Queen. I haven't even seen Vegas or EATG.

And I doubt I ever will. And I have all the DVD's too!

Here are some Rachel/ Teyla goodies to cheer us up.

I do miss this show, though. Tremendously.

NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

What Blue said, Linda. Don't give up hope. We didn't imagine John and Teyla. They were in love with each other...at least very attracted to each other. Rachel has confessed and Joe was well that they were playing the part and that in fact, they were hoping for more of John and Teyla in Season 6. That the writers copped out...
            Funny, how I heard an entirely different story...

Depends what side you're on, I guess.

Can we go back to talking Teyla/Rachel please? Cause not everyone is waiting for that ship to sail, especially since there's Kanaan and Torren, and they are very much canon whether you like that or not (just like Carson/Laura, Weir/Simon, John/ex-wife, Rodney/Jennifer, Ronon/Melena, ...).
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Well I heard it from Rachel's mouth when I met her in MK earlier this year, so I think I'll take her word over yours.

Anyone going to Stargate Worlds in Jan, in London? Rachel's going to be there
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                *THUD* that sound you just heard is me falling off my chair at work! And ouch!
                Ooh OUCH Careful

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                *falls through floor laughing* I'd green you but I can't so I'll do this instead *huggles Linda and perchs in her hair like a pretty bow*
                What a pretty bow

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                Well we have the books to look forward to and the first one will heavily feature Teyla...

And I think the direction for John and Teyla after Eatg will be a lot better than what the writers did with it...

Hope you are keeping well othewise..
                Books? We have books? And it actually involves Teyla? hmm interesting, I might just have to check those out

Well my wrist hurts like hell and my grans has been very sick but otherwise I'm fine

What Blue said, Linda. Don't give up hope. We didn't imagine John and Teyla. They were in love with each other...at least very attracted to each other. Rachel has confessed and Joe was well that they were playing the part and that in fact, they were hoping for more of John and Teyla in Season 6. That the writers copped out...they did it for the entire season for all the characters except for Rodney and Jennifer. So, I simply and completely ignore just about everything that happened in Season 5 besides Search and Rescue and the Queen. I haven't even seen Vegas or EATG.

And I doubt I ever will. And I have all the DVD's too!

Here are some Rachel/ Teyla goodies to cheer us up.

I do miss this show, though. Tremendously.

NOT DIAL UP FRIENDLY

Spoiler:
                *snipped cause...Well....I'm too lazy to change the tags*
                If I didn't watch S5 I could have pretended it didn't happen too

Ooh goodies, makes me feel much better

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Can we go back to talking Teyla/Rachel please? Cause not everyone is waiting for that ship to sail, especially since there's Kanaan and Torren, and they are very much canon whether you like that or not (just like Carson/Laura, Weir/Simon, John/ex-wife, Rodney/Jennifer, Ronon/Melena, ...).
                We all know Teyla/Kate are meant to be

Well if they gave Teyla/Kannan some kind of development, heck any kind of development It wouldn't have bothered me so much. But they just dropped him in there from no where and that's my biggest problem with this whole thing. Rachel deserved better writing than this...This....Disaster. They payed plenty of time with Rodney/Keller. If they wanted to develop a relationship they had one right under their noses they could have actually developed properly but instead Teyla and Kannan got kicked to the curb so they could play with their favourite couple (Rodney/Keller) But then of course, after the way Teyla has been treated over the years I shouldn't really be that surprised

I feel sorry for Rachel and the guy that played Kannan, he never got a chance to show his acting skills, all he was allowed to do was stand there like a statue

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                Anyone going to Stargate Worlds in Jan, in London? Rachel's going to be there
                I don't know if i'll have a job by January
                sigpic

Comment

Just a little reminder folks, this thread is about TEYLA

no a ship.

so no ship is 'better' than another, no ship is 'official' or whatever other term you want to use.

Please keep your comments and such centered around TEYLA, and leave the ship for another thread
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What a pretty bow

Books? We have books? And it actually involves Teyla? hmm interesting, I might just have to check those out

Yep we have books... and the first is centered a lot on Teyla and comes out in July... I think it features her point of view as far as I remember.... the book is based on season 2 of SGA so that will be nice for us Teyla fans..

The rest of the series are based after Eatg and will continue the adventures of Teyla and her team. As they are the official books whatever happens in them will be canon......So a great opportunity to contine the story after Eatg and see what happens with Teyla..
                    sigpic

Comment

Yep we have books... and the first is centered a lot on Teyla and comes out in July... I think it features her point of view as far as I remember.... the book is based on season 2 of SGA so that will be nice for us Teyla fans..

The rest of the series are based after Eatg and will continue the adventures of Teyla and her team. As they are the official books whatever happens in them will be canon......So a great opportunity to contine the story after Eatg and see what happens with Teyla..
                      Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for them Although, July? I'll probably forget by then hmm my birthday is in July
                      sigpic

Comment

Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for them Although, July? I'll probably forget by then hmm my birthday is in July
                        Yeah July is a long wait but it will be a great birthday present to yourself...
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah July is a long wait but it will be a great birthday present to yourself...
                          Happy birthday to me

Someone can tell me if it's worth getting Has the SGA PTB made me cynical?
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday to me

Someone can tell me if it's worth getting Has the SGA PTB made me cynical?
                            Well the SGA ptb won't have anything to do with it and the author writing it is a big Teyla fan... so as Shep would say.."let's be positive now"...
                            sigpic

Comment

Well the SGA ptb won't have anything to do with it and the author writing it is a big Teyla fan... so as Shep would say.."let's be positive now"...
                              Okay, now I am cautiously optimistic What? That's as optimistic as you'll get from a devout pessimist like me
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay, I finally have time to catch up.

Originally posted by Teyilia1 View Post
                                A CHALLEGNE!!!

This challegen is easy, Name your top three favorite TEYLA moments and why you like them. Please note however that the summary of why you like said moments must be at least 25 words in length and use the following format

Episode name:
                                Season:
                                Scene:
                                Summary:
                                Why you like said scene:

have at it ladies and germs!
                                I decided to go about this challenge in a different way and list my favorite Teyla moments in 3 episodes that haven't been mentioned yet.

Episode Name: Rising Part 1
                                Season: One
                                Scene: The "we mastered fire long ago" scene.

Summary: This was the scene where Teyla had taken Sheppard to the cave in the ancient city on Athos and when they needed light, he offered to light the torch with his lighter, but Teyla stopped him by pulling out a rather advanced looking lighter while informing him that "we mastered fire long ago."

Why I liked this scene: I loved how Teyla managed to communicate that she and her people weren't as primitive as they appeared in a calm and decisive manner.

Episode Name: Epihany
                                Season: Two
                                Scene: The scene where she determined how much time had passed where Sheppard was.

Summary: Rodney had left to get help from Atlantis and while he was gone, Teyla and Ronon were monitoring Sheppard's situation. When Rodney returned, Teyla stopped him in his tracks by showing him that she was perfectly capable of problem solving on her own when she showed him how she had determined how much time had passed for Sheppard.

Why I liked this scene: Loved how she inadvertently got back at Rodney for that Conan and Xena comment that she wasn't even aware that he had made.

Episode Name: Daedalus Variations
                                Season: Five
                                Scene: All of the Teyla scenes

Summary/Why I liked this scene: Okay, I'll admit that I just flat out enjoyed this entire episode because it was great to see the team back together and it was also great that Teyla had enjoyable scenes with each of her team mates. I love the scene where Sheppard was surprised to realize that Teyla could operate some of the Daedalus' controls, loved her conversation with Ronon about their duplicates and I loved her scenes with Rodney in the engine room where she once again proved what a quick study she is.

After several of my Teyla favorites were already mentioned, it was interesting to see how many other Teyla favorite moments I could come up with and I'm pleased to say that there were/are several. I'm sure that when I finally find the time to have that SGA marathon that I'll come up with many more. Now that the series is over, I think I'll be able to watch the episodes without hoping for more Teyla focus and will therefore be able to fully appreciate how much Rachel brought this character to life for me.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                I'm posting this in chunks on ff.net starting today...it will be up completely (and on LJ--with some kind of art) next Tuesday...but finally, FINALLY, my Big Bang fic is done...

I put it in my author's notes, but seriously, thank you guys for helping me throughout the story. Your responses is what pushed me to not throw away the entire story, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

Emerging
                                Summary: Major Teyla Emmagan makes the biggest decision of her life: to join the Atlantis expedition. AU, obviously...
                                Yayyyyy! You did it! I can't wait to read this. Thanks for following up on this.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X